Why does every capeshit trilogy have a solid beginner, peak at the sequel...

Why does every capeshit trilogy have a solid beginner, peak at the sequel, then have a disappointing finisher (often riddled with plotholes)?
Don't believe me?
>Batman Begins, Dark Knight, pic related
>Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3
>Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3
>Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War
>Blade, Blade II, Blade: Trinity
>X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-admires-christopher-nolans-dark-knight-trilogy/
deadline.com/2012/12/afi-awards-2012-winners/
imdb.com/event/ev0000620/2012
entertainment.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-arts-lists/slide/the-dark-knight-rises/
rollingstone.com/movies/lists/the-best-movies-of-2012-20121212/the-pop-spot-19691231
articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/entertainment/la-et-mn-year-in-review-best-movies
criticschoice.com/search?s=dark
youtube.com/watch?v=U3A-lJQlrmkn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Dark Knight Rises was crowned by Forbes as the best modern comic book superhero adaption on screen, outranking both its main summer blockbuster competitor, Marvel's The Avengers, and the trilogy's previous installment The Dark Knight.

The Telegraph granted the film a maximum score of five stars, stating that it is "a superhero film without a superhero," comparing it with The Godfather Part II and praising Hardy's performance as well as the film's intricate plot and narrative.

The Los Angeles Times thought the film was "potent, persuasive and hypnotic" and that it was "more than an exceptional superhero movie, it is masterful filmmaking by any standard."

Paul Thomas Anderson Admires Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dark Knight’ Trilogy
slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-admires-christopher-nolans-dark-knight-trilogy/

The American Film Institute ten-best films of 2012 list.
deadline.com/2012/12/afi-awards-2012-winners/

Southeastern Film Critics Association best films of 2012
imdb.com/event/ev0000620/2012

TIME magazine best films of 2012
entertainment.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-arts-lists/slide/the-dark-knight-rises/

Rolling Stone best films of 2012
rollingstone.com/movies/lists/the-best-movies-of-2012-20121212/the-pop-spot-19691231

Los Angeles Times best films of 2012
articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/entertainment/la-et-mn-year-in-review-best-movies

91/100 Critics' Choice
criticschoice.com/search?s=dark

88% RT, 8.0 average rating (8.0 Top Critics)
78/100 Metacritic, 10 perfect scores
Cinemascore: "A"
RedLetterMedia: Emotional visceral poetic epic, only batman movie about batman

>Iron Man 2
>peak at the sequel

The entire Nolan Batman trilogy is garbage

because they spent half of the first film doing the hero's origin, blow their load in the second and have to scrape together a bunch of shit to try and top the 2nd

>mfw no bird

Fuck you Civil War was good. If anything, it's the First Avenger that's the weakest link

>yfw drone better

Your list doesn't necessarily hold up, because Iron Man 2 was the worst of the series, and also Captain America was part of a larger story too. (oh, and Blade > Blade II so fuck you).

Realistically, tho, the heart of the problem is the first 3 X-Men movies, where they really thought they were stopping at 3, so figure they could shit out any piece of trash and fans of the first two would see it. See also, the original Star Wars trilogy.

You're under no obligation to make a quality 3rd film if you do people will only want a 4th one and by that point the actors are asking for $$$$$$$$$$$

The rest I can get behind, but Iron Man 2? Why the fuck would you include that there, that film totally sucks ass.

I wish Vankoposting took off like Sheevposting did.

>Captain America was part of a larger story
A trilogy should be able to stand by itself, even if part of an expanded universe. The Iron Man trilogy pulled it off well, so why couldn't Cap?
>Iron Man 2 was the worst of the series
Fair point. My original point before finishing this post was simply about the disappointing finales, but I threw in the great sequel part because it fit in with basically all other trilogies.
>Blade > Blade II
I'm just going off of RT scores famiglia, I haven't seen any of the Blade movies :^)

>A trilogy should be able to stand by itself

First Avenger, Winter Solider, and Civil War are hardly a trilogy. All were way too reliant on the two Avengers movie to be considered separate works.

I'm basing this off of the fact that they all start with "Captain America:" and are often referred to as the Captain America trilogy.

It may be a good movie, but you can't deny how disappointing it was compared to TDK - or its numerous plot holes.
For one, Bruce Wayne is one of the richest men on the planet. Naturally, he would have stringent security and background checks for his workers, wouldn't he? So how the hell did Selina Kyle get into his workforce?
Secondly, how on Earth would an illegal stock market transaction made during a well-covered, full-on armed takeover be counted as legitimate?
Thirdly, I get the feeling that a man as intelligent as Bruce Wayne would have better access protocols than a fucking fingerprint.

>Iron man "peaked" at the sequel

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

I juat finished Apocalypse and OP is onto something.

Fucking god, this movie made no sense. Most dragged out doomsday plot ever.

Why is storm on the bad side? Why is mystique some revered good guy? Cause mutants saw her on TV? Fuck this film. Put the series out of its misery.

They even put in a line about the 3rd film in a series typically being the worst. Directly referencing the 3rd xmen movie. Which I'm still pissed about.

X2 for lyf.

Probably would've been better if they went with the johnny depp riddler story line

I've already gone over this, friendo. The peaking at the sequel is valid for everything else, and the main point was how the third one is always shit AND filled with plot holes.

And they're all bananas. Rises is the worst of the lot, easily. They were caught up in the hype.

True OP

Back to the future is another one too.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3A-lJQlrmkn

Why did the Nolan Trilogy have such good music?

Stop derailing my thread, Nolan.

no it fucking wasn't.

First avenger is definitely the worst though

Are you gonna tell me you didn't roll your eyes at the charge between the policeman and Bane's army? How more than half the policeman weren't gunned down immediately? How when Batman kicks Bane into the lobby of that building, the henchman WALKS UP TO BATMAN TO SHOOT HIM INSTEAD OF SHOOTING HIM FROM WHERE HE WAS STANDING. How CIA's henchmen turn around and beat the tied up INCAPACITATED Bane's men, instead of attacking Bane himself who was right in front of them.

Or how about when Batman uses those small Batarangs to instantly knock out Bane's men when Gordon and his lot are about to be exiled? Those Batarangs? Never used again.

>Captain America
Actually it would be weak beginning-peak of the trilogy-solid ending.
I mean, Rogers story as the Captain America ended.

I'll be honest, I've only seen The First Avenger. I figured this thread would fare better if I made it edgier.

the irony being that Apocalypse is the third in the first class trilogy :)

And still sucking, proving my (OP's) point :)

Because she used to be a thief and manipulated by shadow king to do bad shit on the comic books? Thats part of her character.

Why is mystique some revered good guy? Because she is a good guy in this continuity that ended the conflict between mutants and humans and saved the fucking president.

First one has to establish the world and is often very formulaic.
Second one is basically free to do whatever the creators want.
Third movie is just a cash grab following the success of the second movie.

It sucks how this has become the standard for comic book trilogies.

Probably shortsightedness. It's hard enough to get one film funded, imagine getting a fully planned out trilogy funded.

This is why the Lord of the Rings worked so well, everything was planned and shot back to back.

>posts 5 out of 6 examples where the first is the best, one of which isn't even debatable

yea, no

OP is talking about plots,not fucking moneies

...Mind telling us what exactly these examples are instead of assuming that we can read the minds of plebs like you?

But Civil War as much better than TFA.

>so why couldn't Cap?
Because of his position as leader of the Avengers.
Iron Man has a life of his own, Cap doesn't.

But Nick Fury is the leader of the Avengers...

He hasn't been since Avengers 1.

>There will never again be a scene as great and meme worthy as BIG GUY 4U

Wouldn't an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. take over after Nick Fury? Someone like... Tony Stark, who is actually a consultant for S.H.I.E.L.D.? Or someone like... Phil Coulson, who has been resurrected?
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

>Someone like... Tony Stark, who is actually a consultant for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
He isn't because SHIELD was destroyed.

Plus it's not like they need anyone anymore.
They worked fine until the UN came along crying.

The only stand alone movies are Iron Man movies and the one shot movies. Cap movies are tied to the larger universe, the first one is probably the most untied to the larger MCU as it isn't until the end where it starts to tie in. But anyway, it's the weakest film so you're wrong.

>wouldnt an agent of shield take over

Take over what? Shield is gone. Have you been paying attention?

>The only stand alone movies are Iron Man movies and the one shot movies
Thor and The Dark World

Forgot about those, but yeah that goes to my point too.

What Shield ? wasnt it destroyed in WS ?
>Using TV series to answer issues of a movie
>implies movie characters are tools incapable of handling their own shit ?

Tell that to james snapped back

does Sup Forums include all comic book adaptation under the umbrella of "capeshit"?

That list is fucking awful

re-arrange it

This is bait, right? Just making sure.

nah man this is real.

>mad DCucks

You do realize that the list both begins and ends with DC films, correct? (Excluding Incredibles.)
Further proof that MCUcks are illiterate.

>ends
Yes, it begins with Nolan Batman, and it ends with BvS, that's why the DCuck is angry.

>Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3
Ooooh. Almost. I agree that IM3 is shit, but IM2 isn't much better.
>Civil War
By far the most entertaining MCU movie and second in quality only to IM1.
>X-Men 2
Literally a girl Wolverine was the bad guy.

In case you're referring to me, I disliked BvS. The reason I asked if this was bait was the fact that BvS is even on a list of essentials in the first place.
I'm more upset, if at all, by the fact that Keaton's Batman duology is near the end. Memes aside, it revolutionized comic book movies.

Godfather 3 was complete shit. The rest... well... you know...

>pleb: the post

Bump

>ITT