Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that his is the AOTY and best NIN since With Teeth?

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that his is the AOTY and best NIN since With Teeth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pGWAwRZdawU
mega.nz/#!KARXQbLC!vkB5vBhLrd_q8GJuYxSNF7zQZhcAryJNpzeEX7EXTKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>best NIN since With Teeth
>Year Zero
you okay there pal?

Is it unpopular to find both The Slip and Year Zero to be fucking stellar? With teeth was a little bland

Yeah, no this is his best since YZ for sure

The Slip is great, no question. With Teeth is bland as hell and possibly the worst NIN album (not counting remix albums)

>not counting remix albums
>implying remix albums are bad

Further Down the Spiral and Things Falling Apart are two of the worst NIN albums by far

>Dust is settled
It literally came out yesterday chill

i actually really like those two remix albums. really loved FDTS back in the day.

i don't know if anyone cares, but i did a review on the album. you know, because i have nothing better to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=pGWAwRZdawU

What is this picture meme about?

Okay. that's cool and all...

But what about Deviations 1?

it's just a thumbnail for the video. no memes here.

I really enjoyed it on first listen, so it's confused me as to why Reznor described it as "impenetrable".

>Further Down the Spiral
>worst NIN album by far

Nigga.

>i hate charlie clouse, coil, and aphex twin

What about it?

I'm going to upload a PC memory friendly FLAC of Deviation 1 that's formatted for CD-R burning.

Expect it within the next half hour or so.

I have mixed feelings about it still. Im kind of upset to see so many fans having orgasms over it because of "muh distorted guitars". I love heavy NIN, but just because its fuzzy doesnt make it good. I thought Field On Fire was kind of boring and everyone is praising it because its distorted like crazy.

Thoughts about it famalam.

Noice.

It's okay but nothing earth shattering, especially the first few tracks.

stop posting your autistic fucking review that no one cares about here.

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but the new old tracks I've heard so far are pretty damn good. It's as basic as it gets, but at least it's not "10 Miles High (version (version (remix)))" again. I do see why none of them made it onto the album though.

People don't like Field on Fire because it's distorted, it's because the more you listen to it the more it makes sense. In fact after 30+ listen it doesn't even feel that distorted or innacessible compared to the first time I heard it and even the little subtleties in the near inaudible vocal delivery become hooks.
And then there's that fucking mammoth anthem of a chorus.

I AM FORGIVEN

I AM FREE

I AM A FIELD

ON

FIREEEEEEE

pls give Mega

Now that the dust settled, is it true David Navarro plays on this EP? Thee David Navarro?
OMG he's sooo hot!

are you implying that you only noticed the hooks after 30 fucking listens?

Some people have been listening to this EP over 30 times already hoping it grows on them.

Here you go, bros.

mega.nz/#!KARXQbLC!vkB5vBhLrd_q8GJuYxSNF7zQZhcAryJNpzeEX7EXTKg

ENJOY!

please have the definitives too :'(

I just want Broken and TDS in a non-apple music format.

No that's just where I'm at right now. Personally it probably took 3 or 4 listen to be 100% with it, but I meant that after 2 days of listening my brain doesn't even need to register the fact that it's noisy and distorted. Most similar album in that way is probably TDS in that I remember listening to Mr Self Destruct, Ruiner or the end of Eraser and really feeling exhausted, now it's like I'm aware of all the details and lyrics and fragments of beats and melodies that you can't possibly hear the first time so I can enjoy it fully everytime. In fact with Trent's music knowing what's coming makes it even better the more you listen to it.

Does anyone have the digital version of The Fragile's vinyl configuration?

I want non-vinyl sourced versions of the extended tracks.

thanks mang

Is it really that good?

It's a very lazy and unimpressive effort.

i actually love you

Honestly I'm disappointed and I've liked everything this band has put out up to this point.

Like the other guy in the thread I just want the Broken remaster in flac/320 (ie not apple music)

Anyone have the new remaster of Downward Spiral?

I thought it sounded like shit when I listened to it this morning but it's grown on me a lot already. Trent's voice sounds a lot better than on Hesitation Marks. Looking forward to the 2 new records next year. Does anyone else hear Me, I'm Not throughout She's Gone Away?

The Fragile>The Downwards Spiral>Not The Actual Events>Broken>The Slip>Year Zero>Pretty Hate Machine>Hesitation Marks>Ghosts>With Teeth

I hated NTAE initially, give it time to grow on you. Trent wasn't fucking around when he said it'd be "impenetrable".

I would honestly put The Slip after Pretty Hate Machine, then swap HM and Ghosts' position and you would have more or less how I feel about NIN's discography.

its really not impenetrable at all though