Why am I not happy Sup Forums? I have a home, I have a girlfriend, I have a car. I have the american dream...

Why am I not happy Sup Forums? I have a home, I have a girlfriend, I have a car. I have the american dream, what I was taught I needed for years and I am miserable. I don't know if it is depression or if I just can't feel anymore.

I hate my life, I hated my job so much I stopped going and got fired. I hate everything now. I just want my family back and alive and I can't have that and I have to live with that. I have a girl and she is wonderful, but she doesn't replace everyone I lost.

I don't know what to do, I am struggling inside, I go to therapy once a week. I feel like I am spiraling again and I will end up dead if I don't fix this soon. I already was addicted to heroin and I am scared I will go down that road again.

Here is a funny picture for reading my feelings.

Either change your mindset and cheer the fuck up or stay sad and stagnate, no one else gives a shit either way so do yourself a solid.

and how the fuck do you do that?
not op
meditate, curiously it worked
and it worked pretty well
do shrooms

meditate, is the best advice I can give you

You do that with A LOT of conscious effort, which is hard, but what choice do you have? I used to be horribly, horribly depressed for years before i made the choice to actually try break out of it.

I know people in much, much worse situations than OP who never complain and only strive to improve said situation. Complaining and brooding never got anyone anywhere.

I have done shrooms. LSD, DMT, some 2c whatevers. I have done heroin and meth too.

It is hard. I don't understand where to go or what to do. I feel stagnant and I hate it.

Ditch the girlfriend. Find another job. Live quietly.

masterba te furisously

I have tried to break out of it. You think I am just depressed. Everyone I have ever loved is dead or just disappeared. I had buried 3/4 my family before I was 22. Watching someone die right in front of you changes you. It changed me.

I am fortunate that I have what I have. I earned my home and car, but that doesn't change the things that have happened and I don't know how to handle that.

Because you're a hweoin addict and an idiot. A girl is literally any girl not a fine chick. A job. Sure your heroin got y9u manual labor position (inb4 you're an executive lol) and you live in a trashy 3 bedroom in the slums driving a Honda. Woo the american dream buddy. Thats not a real life

She shouldn't even be with me. She could find someone else way more attractive. She chose me because of this and I can't figure that out either.

I'll tell you what to do.

Everytime you find yourself focusing on what you don't have, the negative things in your life its so easy to fixate on, you have to call yourself out on it and change your thought process. If you focus on the negatives guess what? you're gonna feel exactly that.
You need to actively focus on the good things you have and you need to strive to add more good things to that list. That's hard to do because most people don't have the stones to put in the work it takes to actually get what they want but if you work at it and constantly appreciate what you have life becomes alright, then good, then awesome.

You are just depressed, everyone w
atches people they love and things they love disappear. Its life. You think you're the only person to experience loss? Get a grip.

My cousins lost both their parents to cancer in the same year and then the person who took care of them developed cancer and died too, i have never once heard them complain and they're both driven, happy individuals.

idk man, it may have worked for you but ive been pretending im happy all my life and it doesnt work that way
in fact im the happiest when im not trying

Im told all the time to snap out of it, to make an effort
I do but it doesnt get rid of my depression, I end up pretending I want to do all of those things that I hate and end up exhausted and wanting even more to be alone

do you know how awful is to fuck when you are depressed?
I thought there is no way to not enjoy it, I didnt even think you could hate it

mm thats suspicious
are your cousins radioactive?

>Pretending
Who said anything about pretending to be happy? Happiness is a byproduct of a changed mindset and it takes time, you cant fake it till you make it.

Not trying is how you stagnate and stay where you are. If you tried as hard as you need to, you wouldn't be depressed and if you're not willing to put in the leg work then quite frankly you deserve to be unhappy.

I've been a depressed drug addict for most of my life to date, i know the ropes as well as the next mopey dickhead.

Bumping this thead because i too am generally unhappy and could use some advice

Alright, tell me what you'd like in life and then tell me why you dont have it.

You know people who have had this happen and just exist through it. Have you ever actually talked to them about it and how it impacted them? You bring up your cousins yet you do not reference anything you have lost. I assume because you still have your family together. or you had it all together until you were old enough to actually understand death. I was an orphan when I was 10. I didn't get to spend time with my parents like everyone else did. Like I am sure you did. I just want everything to make sense again.

I am not complaining, I am trying to reach out to others who have been through what I have been through so I feel less alone.

Thanks, I needed some cheering up.

You got everything you were told to want, without realizing that having it requires constant upkeep and money. Enjoy your American Dream.

I thought this is what you were supposed to get?

Same pic different caption

do some exercise, youll fell better if only for a little, youll have a clear mind to think, I have my folks but theyre old and Im very scared of they day they wont be around, maybe talk to someone older who doesnt have his/her family?

Kek how?

this always get me lel

Reminds me of michael from gta v

It was the gloryhole.

I have, they are like me, but older. It is the same cycle. there were 50 year olds at the call center where I worked at.

>so find some that are happy, simple

that wasnt supposed to be greentexted

The American dream is to become rich and have all the free time in the world. You weren't even close lol.

Just don't life hurts for us broken people but don't you dare drag others down just because your dead inside doesn't mean that you should bring other people to that point. So just put on a smile and pretend to be happy, because you'll never really be the way that you pretend to be. But that doesn't mean you should ruin the lives of those who truly are happy. Just do what I and everyone else on this site does. Suffer in silence until the day that your set free from the heavy shackels of life and into the sweet merciful arms of death. Goodnight user.

I dont know what i want. Everytime i think i do ot doesnt satisfy or isnt at all what i expected.

Anybody still in here?

Tricks to stop being addicted to adderal, plz help Sup Forums I need to get off it

Where? They all lost people in their 30's and 40's. I never met a rich orphan before. not one that wasn't a trust fund baby. I want to find a nice job so I can save and invest, but it is hard.

I am 24 and I just started living alone. I have more than most the people who I worked with. Most of them rented homes and and apartments. I don't care about having a lot of money, just what I need to survive and be comfortable. Sitting around doing nothing leads to bad things for me.

That is what I do every day. Wear a smile when I don't feel happy. I try every day to change my mindset. It is hard.

I wait for death to finally take me as it has taken everyone from me. I know it will come eventually and all I have to do is wait, or get tired of waiting.

Yeah, that is how I feel. I would like to work for a car dealership, but I doubt I will ever get a nice job like that.

Just stop. That is the trick to quitting drugs, you just let it go and stop taking it. There are no other tricks behind it than that other than going to meetings. DO yourself a favor and stop drugs entirely, don't smoke weed or drink, it all leads to a path of drugs all over again. Some people can smoke and be happy, some will eventually get tired of the high and want more.

I wonder if people like you are the reason why many say "money can't buy happiness".

>can't wake up

Checked

How many close friends do you have? Havong people tjat help you stay out of your head helps. People that you can get stupid with.