ITT: Hearthstone, who's looking to shoot the shit and talk about it? I know I am

ITT: Hearthstone, who's looking to shoot the shit and talk about it? I know I am.

Inb4: priest is a fun and balanced class

just started playing a week ago and it's fucking obnoxious to play against c'thun for half my matches

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, main a rush-ish beast synergy deck

properly built shadow priest is the real strength that nobody knows about

even I know this and I'm

Go for face, nigger.

Or run control.

But seriously, go for fucking face.

Not sure how hunters are doing in the legend meta at the moment, but it's all pretty much the same shit.

need friends to add to get new character

>just pulled 3rd onxyia

Running aggressive priest is bog fucking standard.

It's always been burn spells or straight control.

c'thun decks are slow. If you're able to maintain board and properly trade into their minions they're open for attack.

Yup, that's what I try to do. But it's shitty cause I've only opened like 3 packs I have no idea how to get new cards, all my opponents have stacked decks and the default cards just can't seem to keep up

Or, you could just do it yourself.

Make a dummy account, add your dummy as a friend, log in via smartphone or use two instances of bnet, recruit, then blitz to 20.

I stacked all of Rexxar's clear but it feels like everyone's cards are just superior, even the apparently sub par c'thun cards. I win 100% of the time when I'm going against someone else without unlocked cards

Build a zoo deck. low dust cost. Makes the grind for gold and climbing ladder quicker.

therein lies the rub, I don't really know how to get new packs efficiently other than arena.. and without unlocked cards and/or a sufficient knowledge of every hero I don't think I can compete in arena

few mins ago

That's the issue with CCGs.

There is a precipitous curve where it goes from nice and friendly to sheer death drop if you don't invest in the meta. You CAN stay 100% f2p, but you'll be grinding dust or gold.

Play your brawl every week, do your dailies, prioritize the "play x spell/minion" dailies over class based ones, and if you don't have friends on your list that play hearthstone, remove the "watch a friend win" one every time.

i had never played a game that was so far dependent on RNG before hearthstone

i played a shitton of arena and was fairly good at it, got up to 2000 arena wins before i quit about 3 months ago because i couldn't handle just how much RNG factors into the game and it made me rage and i quit

watch trump teachings. he does a good job on explaining the basics. He goes over each of his play and why its done. I started out the same just using the basic decks in casual for the gold grind. dust cards to build a starter zoo its about 600 dust.

>I stacked all of Rexxar's clear
That's where you went wrong, hunter should have maybe one or two clears at most since you really only want to go face.
Either unpack or craft 2 Savannah highmane and 2 call of the wild and all you have to do is make it to turn 6 to win. One of the better combos to get you to 6 is infested wolf + houndmaster.

I've watched 100% of his vids, found trump day 1 and haven't looked back

Any advice on my deck? consider I have almost 0 unlocks

without a shit ton of clear I seem to lose on tempo and the lose all control of the board..

Arena isn't about hero choice.

Arena is typically about picking the least shitty hero choice of your three in the current draft meta.

Arena is pure drafting knowledge. You'll make picks that make 0 sense in constructed, but are amazing in draft format.

There are some good tutorials for learning how to draft, but don't follow them as gospel truth. You will draft jank. Your deck will sometimes be nothing but jank. But you'll have just as much chance that your opponents pulled jank, or are running some stupidly narrow combo.

Draft wide, make sure you have a solid curve and you'll come out with your three wins most of the time, even if you pull jank.

you desperately need call of the wild

Any card game that doesn't have reliable tutoring or active countermagic is going to be all about RNG.

Playing to the advantages has to be important though? I'm not sure what a good curve is

Yeah. I desperately need unlocked cards, I know

Try this out man. Face deck and low crafting cost.

inb4: game sux. RNG cuck.

this

draft a good curve for your hero and cards, dont play too greedy and you get at least 5 wins every time easy.

enough to get gold so you can play arena again ect

i hadn't played any TCGs before hearthstone tho

Has anyone else been playing a Rouge deck that mixes deathrattle and all the stealing cards? Its a pretty cool deck and while maybe not able to get past rank 15 and needs a lot of refinement, I think its a pretty cool idea nonetheless.

A good draft is a bell curve, no?
0, 4, 4, 8, 8, 4, 4?

0, 4, 4, 8, 8, 4, 2**

sounds like n'zoth rouge. I don't use rouge much other when I want have with miracle.

Managing curve is the biggest issue most new players face.

The most important thing is to check the mana box when constructing a deck, and make sure you aren't overloading one or two slots.

Your mana curve should look like a hill. Lower on the edges, bigger in the middle. This is entirely dependant on your deck though. Aggro tends to front load a large amount of 1, 2, 3 and 4 drop cards that all go to face or shit up the board, whereas tempo or control usually has a much more gradual curve leading into a win condition, such as secret paladin leading into Mysterious Challenger, or murloc Paladin leading into Any Fin.

It is a lot like N'Zoth Rogue, but I remove some standard draw options for Burgle, Undercity Hucksters, and Shadowcasters. I try to use Shadowcasters to constantly draw from their class or on Earthen Rings to heal myself. No real combo unless I pull it from the other class, but can still win in 10-12 turns usually.

From a purely technical standpoint, yes.

Always account for synergy (totem shaman, murloc Paladin, spell damage bonus, etc), but don't lock yourself 100% into a mindset, because you could have nothing but jank after you pull the second of the three required combo pieces in draft.

Sounds like a fun deck. What you use is going to be improved with the upcoming adventure. The 1 mana 1/1 which gives you a card from enemy class and the other one that reduced stolen class card by 2 or 3. Not sure of the exact mana reduction.

The mana reduction is 2 mana, and the new expansion is really going to let flesh out my early game options beyond the standard Rogue options, and my late game is going to be a lot easier to play with reduced cost cards from other classes. Fuck that fork though, absolute garbage.