IS THIS A GOOD DEAL Sup Forums?

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834331658
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks ok to me, but I'm not gonna go google each of those parts, thats your job m80

get a macbook pro, thank me later

A 960m isn't a great graphics card, you'll only be playing 1080p medium settings. It's an ok deal. Not great.

>gaming laptop

get a chromebook and build a better desktop for the remaining 600 bucks.

>Gaming laptop
>HP
>960M
>Touchscreen
Try again.

I got my laptop, which has 12 GB of RAM and 4gb discrete graphics with an i7, for ~$550

Laptops shouldn't really cost over $300. Just buy/make a desktop if you really want to do high performance tasks at a reasonable price.

If you plan on gaming with it, I'd suggest using that money and building a much more powerful desktop.

gtx 970m at least

how about this?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834331658

try to find the same one without the touch screen. it will be cheaper and easier to use.

Yeah its a good deal but dont expect to get mad power from it.

Depends on what you want from a computer. That might be good for a student or for movies etc. but its shit for gaming or heavier workloads like gaming

no, CPU is an already an older generation. Don't get HP, the quality of the casing isn't that great, I own one right now and the touchpad feels like rubbish. Try to find any Asus or Toshiba notebook for that price

>buying a laptop

id go for it.

Being this retarted

this guy

This is pretty good for a laptop.

Do consider why you're getting a laptop with decent specs though.
Get a cheap ass netbook for your "travel" needs, and spend the leftover on a desktop that will shit on the performance per $.

Don't pay the premium for portable performance where you don't need it, and invest in where you can actually use it. Rarely does anyone need a gaming laptop, unless you're apartment hopping, or something.

yes

this

don't go deep on a laptop when you can get a better desktop, and a cheap netbook.

but you gotta wonder why its at half price, might have reliability issues, check reviews, get the warranty

Just build a pc if you are using it for gaming. I regret buying my laptop.

>gaming
>laptop
'no'

in what games user? must be specific to understand your point

>

naaah modern i7 ssd laptops are so damn fast i doubt a desktop would be a noticeable speed difference, its a pain to have multiple pcs, an ipad and an i7 laptop, thats enough for anyone

>

'building' a pc is gonna cost you way more, and you sacrifice reliability and warranty, you are not going to beat the economies of scale of major mfrs

>'building' a pc is gonna cost you way more
user pays 900 bucks, that gets you a high tier gaming rig which completely shits all over this laptop in any benchmark
Of course this requires user to already have peripherals, otherwise it's only a mid-tier rig that still berats the laptop, since the parts don't have to fit in a tiny case with awful cooling and a huge battery
>warranty
Every piece has warranty on it

You fucking kidding me?

Op just build a desktop if you don't seriously require it to be portable. I used to think a gaming laptop was for me, then I built a rig and I've never wished it was a laptop rather than a desktop. Not once

>do you want portability?
Get a cheap netbook
>do you want gaymen?
Get a rig
>do you want both in one device?
Don't