Philosophical Quotes thread Sup Forums

Philosophical Quotes thread Sup Forums
Write/Paste your favorite philosophical quotes from anywhere.

I'll start

Is any of it real? I mean, look at this. Look at it! A world built on fantasy. Synthetic emotions in the form of pills. Psychological warfare in the form of advertising. Mind-altering chemicals in the form of... food! Brainwashing seminars in the form of media. Controlled isolated bubbles in the form of social networks. Real? You want to talk about reality? We haven't lived in anything remotely close to it since the turn of the century. We turned it off, took out the batteries, snacked on a bag of GMOs while we tossed the remnants in the ever-expanding Dumpster of the human condition. We live in branded houses trademarked by corporations built on bipolar numbers jumping up and down on digital displays, hypnotizing us into the biggest slumber mankind has ever seen. You have to dig pretty deep, kiddo, before you can find anything real. We live in a kingdom of bullshit. A kingdom you've lived in for far too long. So don't tell me about not being real. I'm no less real than the fucking beef patty in your Big Mac.

Gaylord

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why'd he make them out of meat?

ThanKS OP

>if god wanted us to live and be happy, why'd he make us die and be aware of deaths neccesity?

Quit asking stupid questions plx.

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable,
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table,
David Hume could out-consume Schopenhauer and Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.
There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya 'bout the turning of the wrist,
Socrates himself was permanently pissed...
John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, with half a pint of shandy was
particularly ill,
Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day,
Aristotle, Aristotle was a beggar for the bottle,
Hobbes was fond of his dram,
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, "I drink therefore I am."
Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Implying GMO's are bad for you. Do you even fucking science?

nihilism is my dogma and pure hedonism my only propose in life

most logical and best way to live, well at least for me

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence

I went through a big OLP phase years ago but their one album, Spiritual Machines got me to actually read the book the album is based on, "The Age of Spiritual Machines" by Ray Kurzweil. If you're a sci-fi nut, it's right up your alley. I don't have any specific quotes off of the top of my head, but I remember that book kinda scaring me, and I've slowly been watching the predictions in it unravel as time goes on. The years may not be on par, but goddamn, now that shit seems more real.

By all means marry: if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.

pretending to know things you dont is the lifeblood of religion.

wot?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepards the weak through the valley of Darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger all those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And they shall know that my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

That's some some cold-blooded shit, Jules.

Well what is your definition of real? You can be real in the forest eating fruit from the ground and getting mauled by a bear or be real in front of your stupid computer with your cock out jerking.

"Why can't we toast toast in the toaster?" - user 2016

Life's all a lie. You win some but you most definitely lose it all in the end.

If meat didn't want us to animals then why did he god the meat out of those animals? Think about it user.

>falling for low quality bait
Good job user