You know what is suffering? John Oliver's journalistic integrity. He didn't mention anything about the DNC protests...

You know what is suffering? John Oliver's journalistic integrity. He didn't mention anything about the DNC protests, the march outs, DemExit, or the rise of third party candidates at all in his most recent videos. Like, really? We know he is a shill for Hillary already, but why rub it in even more?

Since people apparently don't understand. Yes, I know he is a comedian and not a journalist. That doesn't mean he is free from criticism and critique. It is also hilarious to see how people need to randomly name call and trash talk when presenting their opinion. Try expressing your thoughts and opinions without calling people names. That is what grown ups do when they talk to each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

longroom.com/polls/
salon.com/2016/07/29/10_reasons_why_demexit_is_serious_getting_rid_of_debbie_wasserman_schultz_is_not_enough/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I respect your comment.

>You know what is suffering?
Donald Trump's campaign

>John Oliver's journalistic integrity
>implying he has some

good luck having a pre-ordered narcissistic shill as president.

>narcissistic shill
Trump is going to lose

Trump's campaign is mainly just a cash grab anyway, he's intentionally increasing the craziness, because he's terrified he'd actually get elected. Sure, his craziness does appeal to some, but there is no way in hell he will get more votes than McCain or Romney, hence, the next US president will now be Hillary Clinton.

but theres little evidence showing that he is a prebought candidate.

>journalistic integrity
he is the first to say he is not a journalist.

christ.. never viewed it as a major cash grab. now it all makes sense.

that is also why he is having success on reporting news.

You actually believe this?

>reporting
he doesn't report news

he and his team read current news and ad comedic commentary

If Bill O'Reilly is allowed to get away with claiming he's making opinion pieces and not news, then Oliver can too.

so.. reporting yes?

The DNC protests, the march outs, DemExit, and the rise of third party candidates are all just meaningless sulfur and smoke that had no effect then or now, no one paid any attention to, and nobody will remember. They were barely covered in any area of the media.

"Shill for Hillary"?
"It is also hilarious to see how people need to randomly name call and trash talk when presenting their opinion."

Yeah, isn't it?
I still also respect your comment, Sup Forumsrother, and your right to express it.

k

reporting is research

he reads what other people have done and adds his opinion.

i'm not a reporter when i tell my friend about a story i read in the newspaper any more than he is

Why do you need someone's approval to call John Oliver a journalist or not. Feel free to call him anything you like. If you consider him an astronaut, he's an even bigger failure, then you can really rip into him.

i'm pretty sure bill o'reilly claims to be a journalist. and to be fair, he has more of a claim to the title than john oliver. he has people who actually do some original reporting, although 90% of what he does is talking out of his ass.

Using biased polls in 2016
>pfff what is this even??

longroom.com/polls/

kek

He was never a journalist in the first place you petulant child.

a reporter is "usually" a journalist referring news content to any media. he is infact reporting news while throwing in a comedians spin.

however i do not acknowledge John Oliver to be a news journalist but i do consider him to be a news reporter that has been able to attract more viewers than most news media outlets.

saw what you want, he has built a platform gathering a large crowd to which he can spew any sorts of information that he wants to.

>he has people who actually do some original reporting
What the FUCK does that even mean? A douchebag walking around shoving a mic and camera in strangers' faces?
Yeah, that's some REAL fucking journalism there, Jesse! Make room on yer mantle for them Pulitzers and Peabodys!

meant say*

I mean pollsters saw the labour win in Britain coming and the no vote on Brexit, so you must trust them

I would address your inability to tell the difference between a comedy routine and journalism before you start analyzing the implicit bias of John Oliver's TV show. Perhaps the real problem is you.

Sure, but on the O'reilly factor, I'm also pretty sure he considers his role a commentator.

I've been googling a little, and I could not find anything, but I'm positive I read once that Fox news themselves separates their programming into neutral news until a point in the evening, where the programs feature political commentary instead.

i didn't say it was good journalism

but if we consider it a news show, it's much easier to criticise based on his format rather than the content, especially if you don't wanna take in what he's saying at all.

i stand corrected. i've never watched his show, but i seem to remember reading somewhere that he thought he was one of america's preeminent journalists.

Who is John Oliver?

Most information from Bill O Rilley is also second hand news, most news are just presented Associated Press or Reuters news, John Oliver literally only does commentary on those sources (often even on sources that used these sources making him the third instance).

Also those satire formats cherry pick their information as fuck, showing only top polarizimg clips, often without any important context (see the trump baby story last week)

>Perhaps the real problem is you.
this guy knows

You know what is suffering? Watch any news program. The ALL shill for Hillary. I am not a Trump guy either.

Yes the problem might recide with me, but facts like number of viewers whom i agree can be easily tempered with, is telling me that people have less trust in actual news outlets like FOX, MSNBC and so forth rather than shows like john olivers. i think that is because they recide on a platform where being objective to the news that they refer to their crowd is alpha and omega. Lately they have failed to keep up with that principle.

Perceptual bias, in a news program that does not go into too much details more viewers have the ability to transfer their belive in the information shown by the program. Basically John Oliver let's people circle jerk their own opinion by the reported "news"

or showing less detail in things doesn't move us any further as the human species thrive on curiosity and makes choices to which of their curiosities they want to dig deeper into.

what that tv-show is doing with its platform is to stimulate their viewers with sensational information about why things go in the wrong direction. it is then up to the viewer how they take it in.
all this said and done i do agree that it is ridden with bias, however my general point is that modern journalism isn't working either.

Oliver has stated multiple times that when picking what they cover for the show they always focus on the "Leftovers".

Oliver and his team believe that everything else gets covered to death and that they are better suited in giving coverage to issues, ideas, and events that are often passed over.

I've only watched a few youtube clips, so I'm not in a position to judge accurately, but they can't be living up to that intention very well.. I have no strong feelings against him, but it looks like me he's in the same echo chamber that a lot of the left leaning commentators are in..

I'm kinda with this guy

This guy knows

Sorry you didn't watch the entire episode fool. Not only did he mention it he played footage of CNN reporting it. I give your rage a pants on fire and next time bring out your glasses when you watch the picture box

>This guy knows nothing
fixed

>Not only did he mention it he played footage of CNN reporting it.
What is "it" referencing in this case? DNC protests, the march outs, DemExit, or the rise of third party candidates, or all of the above?

> They were barely covered in any area of the media.

And this is why Oliver doesn't 'report' on it. It does not fit the narrative of the left.

>implying anyone has a shred of journalistic integrity

Journalists are vultures. They are evil creatures who live to make a living off of other peoples successes or misery.

They are the lowest common denominator in society, they dont strive to create anything of their own, they use others success to piggyback themselves to a higher standing.

Never EVER EVER trust a journalist or anybody in the profession of news. They will sell your soul for a story and call it a tragedy.

Sadly, this.

The world needs some very serious reforms.

no, I don't believe it at all, all those polls are a giant lie orchestrated by the liberal media jews, and the real truth is Trump leads all polls because Americans are vastly in favor of such a brilliant, well-tempered man in charge of our nukes

salon.com/2016/07/29/10_reasons_why_demexit_is_serious_getting_rid_of_debbie_wasserman_schultz_is_not_enough/

of course he won't address the dnc problems. nobody will.

Kek... Ok buddy.. Believe the narrative

His wife is hot.

it will be interesting to see if manufactured consent actually does have an impact or if it's just propaganda bullshit

we rely on the 4th estate to investigate and report on critical issues. just because they've become propaganda outlets selling ad space doesn't mean that journalism is bad. and yeah, you shouldn't trust anyone with an agenda.

I don't think he claims to be a journalist. Although typically less skewed than Fox News, they never claim to be legit.

John Oliver cheats on his wife whenever she's overseas. How do I know this? I've had sex with him about nine times. He paid me.

I don't trust you

its true. this individual/creature is paying me for doing all the background work of setting up the whole ordeal.

I'm also pretty sure you two bastards swore to secrecy about that

Journalists are subhuman beings.

fite me

Guys...I've been trying to make a horse go crazy from lack of sleep. I wake him up every hour with my bugle. I think it's starting to work.

>Fite

Fucking retard

>John Oliver
who?

Sup Forumsrother you need a bogle for your glutch.

because none of that matters a toss. this is what matters.

Wasn't this fuck like a supporting guy on community and had shit teeth? Who gave him a fucking show?

>trolled softly

of course he will

Hillary wants to police the globe, Trump wants to pull troops out of Asia and let them deal with shit themselves

reptar pls

I like Putin better then I like anyone else.

He's not a pushover, doesn't make crazy threats, and gets shit done.

Former KGB

and yet Clinton is the one that is accused of sucking up to the muslims, and Trump will still magically get rid of ISIS with a hard line and no troops

fite me irl

"The narrative"

People have ears and can hear the cunt talk you know.

Come to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC. Ask for Barry.

Clinton is accused of sucking up to anyone that will help her win the election.

Hence the whole corrupt thing.

Political favors + Cash flow

>journalistic integrity
hate to bring it to you, but John Oliver isn't exactly a journalist.

> Since people apparently don't understand. Yes, I know he is a comedian and not a journalist.

Then journalistic integrity isn't something he needs to fucking worry about is it?

The whole idea of journalistic integrity doesn't only apply to journalists. it goes to all reporters.

And comedians?

his whole platform is about reporting news. comedy is just a side dish that is being added to it.

What exactly is it that you want from this?

Journalistic integrity? He's a comedian dumbshit.

You know, we get it already. You want the world to know that we should dismiss everything he says because it's not presented properly as news.

>It is also hilarious to see how people need to randomly name call and trash talk when presenting their opinion.

ur a fagit

His whole platform is to entertain. Like any other late night talk show comedian.

fite me cunt

did you mean "better than"?

yeah, whats not to love - a man who kills journalists, locks up pop bands, bans their music, and the music of dozens of others (any metal group not allowed on russia radio - also tina turner because of violence and sex references) and uses military force to annex neighboring territory. A real mafia dictator. of course if you give a damn about free speech and democratic rule you might have a pause...

stop watching him then faggot. Go watch youtube videos where rednecks kiss donald trump's ass and talk about hating the sand niggers and spics.

you're seriously delusional, you should go live in russia

he doesn't have to, once trump wins we will become russia.

he avoids retarded social and political topics as much as possible as to not contribute to the complete and total retarded autistic shitstorm that is the media

in other words retarded autistic fucks find a need to talk about these subjects at every opportunity and the media never stops creating articles about these subjects
john oliver decided he didn't need to bother with them and the world is a better place because of it

Mostly because Oliver's approach to news is more obtuse, if you wanna here satire anbout the DNC/RNC, walk outs, watch the daily show or nightly show. Oliver gets 1/2 an hour a week in deep cable to bring attention to shit no one else is talking about. honestly if he was sticking to JUSt POLITICS i'm pretty sure it'd be sunday after sunday of Trump bashing but like i said, the daily show covers that.

>TL:DR Oliver reports on topics the daily show doesn't have the time to pick up basically. but topics that need to be talked about

While people like us may be able to tell the difference, the sad reality remains that a majority of his viewers, mostly millennials, take everything he says like its the truth from God himself. To them he is the news and the most accurate outlet out there. When he says his current year spiel and talks about refugees and not being racist, these guys get all in a feefee twist and all of a sudden it doesn't matter that there are never ending terrorist attacks or that their holy texts say lie your way into countries and take them over or that their religious leaders tell them to kill infidels wherever they may find them. That all goes out the window and if you bring it up you're racist because it's current year and were better than this. He is a journalist. He is a reporter. He's all that some of these idiots have and they're completely unwilling to look elsewhere for anything a little more unbiased.

we get it you vape