What the fuck did i just watch? explain this to me Sup Forums

What the fuck did i just watch? explain this to me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was all a dream. But it didn't end with a snow globe scene so your pleb mind didn't understand it.

so the scene before she opens the box is a dream and the second part is what actually happened?

It was a pilot for a series that never ended up happening.

It's a movie

It was all a dream. I used to read word up magazine

Yes, but its not happening in real time. Even those parts are just memories.

also , what was the purpose of this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o

the dude is actually the main girl

the demon in the back represents the knowledge that she hired a hitman to murder her ex-gf out of jealousy. she's having this whole fantasy to try to escape that truth about who she is, and the guy confronting the demon he knows is lurking there represents how she too must accept what she did. that' why the demon releases the old couple to torment her -- it's her guilt finally finding her in the real world and driving her to suicide

it actually makes sense wow

i only noticed that shit after watching it like a month ago, lynch is pretty comfy

Left girl decided to order a hit on right girl and then regretted it. Left girl eventually loses it and an heroes. The whole movie could be considered what's going through her tormented and tattered mind before she decides to kill herself. It's about half more or less legit memories and half symbolic craziness that only really makes sense when viewed as a part of the bigger picture.

you forgot that the diner is the place where she decides to go forward with the hit, which is why it appears in the dream. you can even see the other dudes who appear in the dream version when it happens.

It is a shit movie that is masturbated to by autistic film students because they don't understand it but pretend they do in order to prop themselves up on a cardboard pedestal.

>in order to prop themselves up on a cardboard pedestal
wow, you sound smart. Could you please tell me of some good kinos to absorb in order to become more cultured like you?

Chinatown

Deer Hunter

That's all you need.

no one has to pretend to understand it, it's super easy to understand. lynch movies are like baby's first surrealism

It's liquid shit

Don't worry, Refn will save artkino

>butthurt film student detected

And yet you can't explain what the story is about.

>muh subjective surrealism is a valid form of storytelling

Post modern art shitters should be gassed.

>Chinatown
>Deer Hunter
>tryingsohard.png

I recently watched Deer Hunter and really liked it. I think that small-town America is probably the most under-utilized setting in film. Fuck New York and California, I want to see what the real Americans are like. If you want middle-America 9 times out of 10 though you have to settle for independent wank that doesn't deserve to exist.

I can't stand Martin Scorcese so it was nice to be reminded that Robert De Niro actually can act. The whole cast is great really. John Cazale carries just like every other role he ever had and even Meryl Streep was tolerable.

No, I'm studying law. My existence is suffering.

>he thinks that chinatown and deer hunter aren't as good as this steaming pile of modern art

top kek

okay this is bait but

>failed actress is in love with other actress
>gets dumped when she gets a big part and wants to marry the director
>she puts a hit on her, she gets murdered
>she goes into a spiral of drugs and despair over her guilt
>the first part of the movie is a dream version of everything where her friend doesn't die, and she creates a new name/identity for herself to avoid her guilt
>in the end she can't escape, and kills herself

and the just throw a bunch of david lynch bullshit on top. just because an artist jizzed metaphor onto his movie doesn't mean you can't understand it you ape

>implying that anyone besides autists police what is "valid" storytelling

go back to your genre fiction

>he thinks that lynch being overrated as fuck prevents chinatown and deer hunter from being overrated as fuck

saying you like those movies is like saying the exorcist is your favorite horror movie

>my version of this subjective mess of a movie is the actual plotline do not steal!

How is chinatown and deer hunter overrated?

>go back to your genre fiction

You say that like it is a bad thing. Lynch is a hack.

this guy sounds like a loser haha >:)

>gets cornered
>responds with an insult

That's what I thought.

i'm not the guy you were replying to, you just sound like someone who takes Screen Videos very seriously. you're somehow the most autistic person in a david lynch thread lmao

haha no reply, this guy got pwned!

TOP KEK!

LELERINO !

I Love This Website !!

BTFO ( it's me )

The masterpiece!!!

I watched Mulholland Drive before Lost Highway and ended up loving it (Mul Dr.). How did people who saw it after Lost Highway feel?

Lost Highway is cool, but I sorta felt "I've already seen this" when it came to the story and dream shit. Maybe people had similar thoughts if they watched Mulholland Drive after.

Is that supposed to be Bill Clinton?

I just marathoned the movie with me wife's son, what are my thoughts on it?

It's about post-structuralism.

The movie gives you all the information you need to figure out what happened. Nothing needs explaining