Simpsons thread? Simpsons thread

Simpsons thread? Simpsons thread.

Where did it start going bad for you?

10 years ago. I still watch tree house of horrors

Two words:

Armin Tamzarian

This was the first episode where it dawned on me it was shit now.

It wasn't that bad user.

Has never gone bad.
Simpsons = GOAT

>being this delusional.

Still watch but as far as start of quality drop probably after the movie basically, still liked the movie though. Tbh I don't think I've ever turned the simpsons off when I see its on except for the lady gaga episode, only one that's really just plain unwatchable.

They tried to change the backstory of one of the most well-known side characters in the show's history. And in doing so, turned him into a complete fraud and almost ruined him.

There were definitely bad episodes before that and the show was already starting to fall off by then....but that was the episode that made me go ".....what the FUCK was that BULLSHIT?!". No Simpsons episode had ever gotten that reaction from me, before that one.....

And don't give me that "but it was retconned under penalty of torture at the end" bullshit. That was a cop-out.....not to mention that characters still referenced "Armin" in later episodes

It's still the best animated show in prime time. One of the best shows period. And still more worth watching than 99% of the overblown shit out there so be happy while it lasts

about the time the movie got out

>Has never gone bad
You're completely delusional if you think this.

That being said, older seasons were great, and the newer ones are watchable, just nowhere near as good.

So what does it look like when you take something too seriously?

>That being said, older seasons were great, and the newer ones are watchable, just nowhere near as good.

This is pretty much it. It used to be great. Now it's watchable but nothing special.

I started watching it way way back. When it was part of the Tracy Ulman Show.

Yeah, Simpsons used to make cultural tropes, now it just references everything and tries to stay relevant.

I grew up watching Simpsons all day (like most of you), but i just can't stand the last five seasons at least, it really went downhill.

When they took it off BBC2 and put it on channel 4 the cunts

When did Homer go full retard?

When Lisa went from the bookworm girl to a hipster?

Season 9 was shaky. Season 10 was when it started to change and become pretty shitty. Since then, the writing thinks its clever, unlike the original writing that WAS clever

Now I'm reminded of that stupid hipster episode.

Season 10 still had some pretty good episodes though.

it died when Phil Hartman's wife went crazy and shot him and then herself.

Many say once Conan left the show when south and there is evidence for that but note this also occurred before many of you faggots were born.

I stopped watching after the movie but a lot have to do with the reference material I think based on my first comment. The Simpsons are unprecedented, they can't jump the shark apparently because of be format. It is like a never ending wheel. Futurama had a cohesive story line so it had to end, the Simpons has always been like a comma fantasy where time and space no longer exsits - the universe to sweeping.

Excuse my shit grammar and zero editing I am shitting whilst on my iPhone

Like a season or two before the movie was released.

Awful episode.

There was a noticable dip in quality around Season 11, then another even more noticable dip around season 20.

However, it's still watchable. But it's not the funniest show on TV like it used to be.

I'd say season 10 was the last season of note.

The day their TV became a flatscreen and they all started using phones

I'd say season 10ish

Changing the backstory is all they seem to do these days. That fucking Sadgasm episode can go choke on a dick.

I'm not sure what season exactly but after the old classics it went to hell now it's all crap and they're trying to be politically correct too so I'm out.

That's what killed it the most, it lost the IDGAF attitude and went all PC and that's how we wound up with a lady gaga anti-bullying episode.

Around season 9 or 10 is when it fucked up, and has continued to fuck up. However, there are some good episodes in the newer episodes such as Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind, Gone Maggie Gone, The Debarted, to name a few.

>in the newer episodes
I meant the newer seasons, fuck

Not saying they're all good but there are some pretty decent ones in the newer seasons

Even before the real PC crap came in they started slipping in some sneaky pro government regressive left wing stuff and they were sneaky about how they did it too.

round 2001 or 2002 is the last time I remember it being any good or even watching it.