Ask a 44 year old guy going through a midlife crisis anything

ask a 44 year old guy going through a midlife crisis anything

wife left 2 years ago, been a constant cocktail of drugs and young women ever since

What's your job?
Was your wife hot?
Children?
Are you happy with your current circumstances?

how much did you fuck her ?

>constant cocktail of drugs and young women

That doesn't sound so bad.

- freelance editor

- wife was considered quite a knockout

- no kids

- much happier than back when I was married and miserable. I do wonder how long I can keep this up though

Cool. Sounds like you're having fun. What's your preferred drug?

>>constant cocktail of drugs and young women
>
>That doesn't sound so bad.

my married friends say they're quite jealous. I suppose I am living what some guys would consider a fantasy life.
but substance abuse and meaningless hookups are not a sustainable lifestyle

smoke weed err-day
molly/coke/shrooms when I party

Where do you live?
What's your job?
where do you pick up your girls?

thats your fucking problem. you're a middle aged man with shit better to do than party. go find a hobby and occupy your brain constructively and maybe you'll stop being the pathetic sack of shit you are/ have been

- New York

- freelance post production

- online dating sites and of course tinder. you'd be surprised how many young women are looking for older guys

Ex wife detected

Kek

my hobby is what unintentionally got me into partying in the first place

you sound bitter

but yet you've done so little to change your situation. must be tough being that old, that dumb and now that alone. congrats, you've got the internet reassuring you that you are in fact a loser.

yeah but he fucks young girls so

that's why it's called a midlife crisis, dumdum

yea but he is still a loser

Nah its just you man.
>being old
Age is nothing
>dumb
Dude sounds like the smartest nigga i know
>alone
Better to be alone and happy than with someone amd miserable.
Keep it up crisis user

but then is it really a crisis or you just being a moron?

You sound like a 12 year old edge lord.
Go to class.

B-] probably older than you

class doesn't start for another week

Dude fuck that shit if your 40, divorced and single and no kids and your up for doing drugs then why not go scarface? You want excitement and bitches to relive the glory days then start dealing my friend.

congrats OP your thread is just as shitty as your life

I'm just riding it out
going back to a more normal lifestyle would be too boring for me at the moment. right now feels more like a rollercoaster ride.
I'm sure I'll get tired of it in a year or two

>44
>midlife
you're not gonna make to 88 buddy i can tell you that

That is really dumb. Not op by the way.
One of my old roommates just got snagged by the feds for recieving pot through the mail. Now he is in jail waiting on his trial.
Over a pound min 5 years, sent from colorado tack on a bootlegging charge another 5 years poor fucker.

Sound advice, do it OP.

most likely not
tbh I never wanted to live past 70
get as much as you can while you can, then check out. no need lingering around with a colonoscopy bag.

>Oooh this is b so im supposed to be mean to everyone right guys? Did I do a good job?

Fuck you you fucking cunt

you're the one thats mad

So what do you want?
Serious relationship?
There are an extraordinary amount of great women looking for same. Single 40-something men , who aren't complete douches are difficult for them to find. That shouldn't be a problem.

As a freelance editor I suspect you're not saddled with any heavy alimony payments or any of that. No kids is, of course, a win.
The world is your oyster.
That said, you're not thinking clearly ATM and emotionally you're all over the road due to drugs. Give yourself 3 weeks clean. Really clean. No booze. no weed. Nothing.
Things will become crystal clear then.

aren't you afraid of ending up (completely) alone eventually?

Does that scare you user?

this. when i finished college i was super burnt out (did a shit ton of drugs and smoked weed all day erry day) you need to clean up and then try and figure your shit out or you really are going to fizzle up and burn out

This guys right, you feel sorry for yourself and repeat a pointless cycle of cheap thrills to distract yourself from realiIizing how meaningless you are and everything you do is. But that said, nothing really matters and neither do i so do whatever tickles ur shit boyo

ATM not at all, but I'm still just 22 and doing pretty good in life (except for the /virgin/ part)

But if I would live like that, I think I would crave the buzz so much that I indeed would fear not having that buzz (of sex and partying) and of ending up alone

I've been doing alot of traveling and crossing off items in my bucket list. I realize the position I'm in

I have been thinking about doing a month of detox
not going to be easy tho, the most I've gone sober in the past 2 years is 3 days at most

a little bit, yes

on the other hand I tend not to make decisions based on fear

Youve had your midlife crysis 15 years ago. Youre just old now

Does anyone else have any general comments on this though? I'm interested.

So it does concern you, why? People end up alone all the time. Just because you are married doesnt mean you wont be alone. Life is long user, you could be married for a year to your love, and see dies in an accident making you alone and now super miserable.

I was /virgin for most of my 20s
I think that contributed to my current situation.. you know, making up for lost time

As long as you arent doing hard shit, youll be fine.

I'm not anywhere near your age, but I'm older that most people on here (28). Is it really a midlife crisis or just imbibing away the pain of losing your wife? Even if your relationship was stale and a drag, you must have had a sense security in it? I'm assuming it was a decent length of time. Risking a good career like this seems pretty dumb.

How easy is it to for 40 somethings to pick up young broads on tinder? How young we talking...18 or 30? And who do you party with...other 49somethings or you ger folks. I am late 30s, married with kids and still party pretty hard when I can get away, unfortunately thats not so often tho

Sup avatarfagging you fucking faggot.

Other than that, carry on.

*stop

God damn it

Post your chest

Well, simply because I'm a social person (as most people) and I like company most of the time I guess?

Like I said it doesn't bother me but I could imagine it can bother someone in OP's situation. I do think you are right in saying becoming alone happens a lot. (at least ATM) I'm social enough to easily make new friends so I'm not scared but I was just wondering about it and wondering what other people's comments on this topic were/are.

I can imagine that

18-21 is my usual range. oldest was 28

is it easy? was very hard to pull off when I started, but practice makes perfect. these days it seems almost too easy
you would be surprised how many younger girls are into the older guy thing. but they each have a "type" they are looking for so you'll need to fit that type

as for the partying, it's either at my place with a bunch of young ladies or I have a group of bros (30s & 40s) who are just as fucked up as I am and we go on benders together

But how is op alone? He is partying and being social, how will this cause he to be alone?
My grandpa was a widow twice, and he died alone in a nursing home one night of a blood infection while suffering from dementia, he could have planned to not die alone his whole life but it happened.

Do you feel like you are living the dream? Or are you miserable?

How bad did you get fucked in the divorce. What would you have done different to change the money part?

>34
>tattoo for a living
>barely tattooed (dont want to "look" like I tattoo)
>cash everyday
>do drugs in moderation except bud
>don't drink (just never developed a taste for it)
>have gf who runs twice a day
>feel up chicks almost daily as part of my job
>still get the occasional random bj from clients or tattoo fans

How am I doing?

Well in OP's case I was more referring to having the buzz of partying and sex - and missing that buzz. In my experience missing that buzz is a similar feeling to being alone - you miss something and also someone, since you can't do these things alone.

And you're right that you can't plan everything and I'm also not going to do that in life.

some days I feel blessed and living the dream and some days I feel miserable

Sounds like your friend is a idiot

I got off pretty cheap as far as divorce goes.
I did catch her cheating on me so she knew it was in her best interest to do a settlement and avoid going to court.
still kinda expensive but not nearly as bad as what my friends had to pay for their divorce.

sounds like you're more content with your life than most 34 year olds

18-21 is my usual range
Fuck I'm officially jelly. I'm too much of a pussy to cheat on my wife(we have kids, dont want to fuck that up), but had the opportunity to last weekend. Hot early 20s grill at the bar actually bought ME a shot. First time ever a strange, hot girl bought me an alcoholic beverage, and it didnt happen until i am late 30s and married with kids

lol it's funny that you've mentioned "youd be surprised how many younger girls etc etc" twice now and truly... it's not surprising so I don't know where you've been...

Large portions of the female population are into older men, for MANY MANY MANY reasons.

Yea keep dreaming Hank moody.

I used to get girls buying me drinks at the bar back when I was married, and most of my married friends report the same.
those wedding rings are like Pokemon lures for horny skanks. you don't even have to be wearing it they can sense it.

is it worth risking your family over some young tail? I think you know the answer to that

How often do you score on Tinder? is it totally like strange pussy is on call? Or is it morr involved? I am kinda pissed this was not around when I was single...

That is why i said old roommate

Tinder is a crapshoot. pretty much anything can happen, and it can also be frustrating. roll the dice for some cheap thrills.

a site like OKC will get you better results

34yo again

That probably why im uncertain of my place in the world. Tho I could try harder and start trying to mak merchandise to increase my fiscal gains. But am lacking motivation.

I feel like ill still go thru a midlife crisis at some point I just have no idea how itll go and what itll be about

>I feel like ill still go thru a midlife crisis at some point I just have no idea how itll go and what itll be about

it's unavoidable so just roll with it
try not to buy a red sports car though. too obvious

>midlife crisis
So what is it you are so upset about? Sounds pretty fucking swell lifestyle to me...its not like you cant still settle down whenever you choose to...

STOP FUCKING AVATARFAGGING IT'S AGAINST THE RULES

How does someone over the age of 25 end up on mongolian basket weaving chat room?

As for me (34yo) I been on here a while back since when Sup Forums was Sup Forums and chocolate rain and all that shit

Just never left I guess

Why do you keep posting that fucking bugs bunny image? Is this ""midlife crisis"" part of some shit attempt to force a shit meme?

>So what is it you are so upset about?

looking back at my posts, never said I was upset
just presenting my current situation. not really sure what to make of it. maybe it's just blowing off a bit of steam, maybe it's a path to self destruction.. time will tell.

are you bald?

i'm half your age, which advices would you give to the 22 you?

>Why do you keep posting that fucking bugs bunny image? Is this ""midlife crisis"" part of some shit attempt to force a shit meme?

ok I'll stop. but now you're going to have a bunch of spergs pretending to be me.

>mid life crisis

Basically pop culture psycology. You can realise life is meaningless at any age. I don't know why so many people on this board think having a wife is the perfect endgame.

It's money and bitches. That's all that matter. Same age as you dude.

>wife left 2 years ago, been a constant cocktail of drugs and young women ever since

complaining or bragging, faggot?

It was so people knew it was him, cant tripcode on Sup Forums

>are you bald?
thank christ, no
I also work out regularly. I think I look pretty good for an old fart

>i'm half your age, which advices would you give to the 22 you?
ugh, I would not want to meet 22 year old me. god I was such a mess
I'm glad I made all those mistakes back then because it taught me alot so I'm not going to time travel

Make money fuck bitches. There is a reason you hear that so much...

>Basically pop culture psycology. You can realise life is meaningless at any age. I don't know why so many people on this board think having a wife is the perfect endgame.
>
>It's money and bitches. That's all that matter. Same age as you dude.

realizing that life is meaningless is an existential crisis, not a midlife crisis

I too once thought that having a wife is the endgame. boy was I wrong

"bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks"

This. 35 for me and we're here forever just like the rest of you faggots.

Not OP, but if I could give advice to 20 something me...it would be to get in better shape now and get with as many young grills as you can. Totally took me getting older and creakier to start caring about being in shape, being slim, looking as good as I can etc. And am married now and totally regret not hitting more ass before i tied the knot.
But also, dont lose sight of your bread and butter, you got to make yours in this world, whatever it is that you do, do it well and do it smart. You need work/fun balance in your life and so many people struggle with that and fuck up their lives going too hard in one direction. In early 20s you still have some time to find your way, but put some real effort into your work/career, it will prolly pay off.

It'll only be as hard as you make it. Just quit for now. Period. You'e going to be astounded at how clearheaded you feel after week 2.

>In early 20s you still have some time to find your way, but put some real effort into your work/career, it will prolly pay off.

not to mention being a successful self made man will get you laid so much more

Don't need a wife to be happy, that's baloney.
Just need best friends and/or family, they're important.
Nobody wants to die alone.
OP, you're obviously feeling a little bad about the stuff you're into. If it's going to eat you up inside, you need to consider if that's how you want to be living your life for real. Sounds fun, but you know as well as anyone that partying doesn't make you feel good about yourself.
Everyone has dreams, and at midlife we start to realize the dreams we haven't fulfilled yet. You still have a shit-ton of life to live, so exercise and eat well to keep from heart attacking. And keep working towards your goals bro. You got this. The ex is gone, it sucks but time to move on to bigger and better things. Good luck homie.