Could this country exist again, lads?

Could this country exist again, lads?

Sometimes I ask myself this question as well, but then I'm reminded of these facts:
>The Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition considered the franchise [The Diet of Hungary] "probably the most illiberal in Europe". The working classes were wholly unrepresented in the parliament, only 6% of them, and 13% of the small trading class, possessing the franchise, which was only enjoyed by 6% of the entire population.

>No such proclamation [of federalization] could be issued in Hungary, where Hungarian aristocrats still believed they could subdue other nationalities and maintain the "Holy Kingdom of St. Stephen".

Sure hope not. Prison of nations.

Well - if it could exist ast AustroHungaroPolish Empire....

Naah. It was never possible. Still, there were some people believing it is possible to unite Privislinski Kraj with Galizien und Lodomerien. But would Germans allow that?

Nope.

It wasn't a prison of nations for Czechs and Poles. Cisleithania was a liberal autocracy - Kaiser wielded considerable amount of power, but there was also a universal male suffrage. Language and political rights were guaranteed.

This wasn't the case for the Kingdom of Hungary.

Austria-Hungary is a shining example of why multiculturalism doesn't fucking work

expect it did until ooogaaboogaa we wuz kangs and shit by slavshits

You started with this shit. Slavic nationalism was a reaction to that.

again accepting slavs and WE WUZ MAGYARS was a mistake, austrians outbreeding and assimilating the existing slavs into germanic culture and taking the multiculturalism route was the downfall of the austro-hungarian empire

>Austrians NOT outbreeding ect...
if fucked up

PLC and Hungary together? Yes, please.

You are fucking retarded, they didnt accept shit. They conquered it. And they couldnt assimilate """minorities""" because they were outnumbered. But Hungary tried to do it by force. Result? Losing 70% of their kingdom

>They conquered it.
Nah, Habsburgs sucked when it came to warfare. They acquired their vast empire through smart marriages and political intrigue.

No, slavs would immediately go WE WUZ KANGZ.

The only thing that would somewhat work is a political union between the core lands Austria and Hungary. The slavic parts could only be taken and ruled with brute force. You see what giving them political and civil rights led to.

Thats still conquering

Except it worked fine for hundreds of years, so no.

It lasted like 70 years lol

that's like saying Slovaks didn't exist until the 1990s, Austria-Hungary/Austrian Empire/Habsburg Monarchy are all the same shit

It lasted 51 years after Austro-Hungarian compromise when Habsburgs let Hungarians do whatever the fuck they wanted within their territory.

Havsvurg Empire was there for centuries before that.

We didnt exist until 1993

your average person didn't experience 'multiculturalism'. what destroyed the empires was nationalism, that's all. multiethnic empires have a track-record longer than that of nation-states

but no, of course Austria-Hungary is never coming back lol

pretty much all of Hungary was conquered territory from the Ottomans

I like my stable peaceful nationstates without nationalists throwing poop at each other in the parliament thank you

no

Conquered by a Frenchman. Prince Eugene of Savoy.

Without this frenchman your name would be Ali now.

so?

>Cisleithania was a liberal autocracy

Still no Bohemian king.

Slovakia was part of Habsburg Empire during ottoman conquest

They had to enforce their power from time to time. They usually used Russians or other allies.

Please never again.
Some people can't be ruled, neither by themselves nor by others.

Territory of Slovakia was pretty much the only part of the Kingdom of Hungary under control of Habsburgs.

Battle of Vienna - Jan III. Sobieski. Admit it, we were shit at war. I don't mind though.

The battle of Vienna was a massive fuck up by the turks rather than a brilliant masterpiece by Sobieski, he proved to be mediocore in the later parts of the campaign.
The only reason he lead the army was because he outranked everyone else

Why are you so keen on the guy who was eventually declared commander? The majority of troops still came from the HRE.
Poles definitely made an impact during the battle, but it's not like they swooped down from the heavens to safe us defenseless little poorfags.

soon brother

The battle was fought according to Polish plan in the first place. HRE commanders prefered to avoid general battle; instead they were proposing to cut as many Turkish supply routes as possible, thus streching the line of allied forces, what was *akhem* idea.

Without Austria of course.

Not exactly true.
What did Austria-Hungary in, you know, was a fucking world war where the country was dismantled.
Without the war it might have been a very real possibility that the country moved towards a federalized model. The Archduke Ferdinand was big on it.

I don't give a fuck as long it fucks off from our Bosnia and our adriatic coastline, they can fuck off with zagreb croats and we can import them kosovo niggers since they love them so much.

How do i get Hungary easily as PU in EU4?

For Austria of course.

holy shit, multicultural=/=multiethnic, you goddamn dumb fucking sharter

>frenchman

Even in Octobee 1918, Hungarian nobility still opposed it.

Our post-WWI propaganda called Avstrija a vešča too. Maybe we were coordinated.

Rude.

Everyone here loved the Habsburgs as we had been under them for 600 years. But Austrian Germans just had to chimp out due to muh Great Nation, muh Lordly Folk, and oppose the institution of schooling in minority languages and start politically dividing Austrian subjects along ethnic lines due to the Austrian liberal party's monolingual stance. We were your most devoted and ancient subjects and you ruined it all because you wanted to suck up to Germany, which is of course a story that would later repeat itself.

dont know about you
but we were pretty decent at war
hungarians too

That's true. Habsburgs used Croat and Montenegrin soldiers to crush 1848 revolution in Vienna. These troops were notorious for their savage conduct.

war is hell :^)

They were the only Slavs in the country to have their own historical de jure kingdoms and who could hope to unite them into a single Imperial subject separate from the Hungarian crown, which is why they needed to be on the Emperor's good side. That's why I don't blame them for crushing our hopes and dreams in '49.

>That's why I don't blame them for crushing our hopes and dreams in '49.
what?

the Slovenians put forth a program of United Slovenia for the first time during the constitutional revolution of 1848, which was then suppressed by the authorities for decades after the revoltion was defeated. Not that this suppression was a goal of the Croats or your doing, it's just a coincidence.

When you fight against Muslims and then get redirected and repurposed to fight supposedly "civilised" wars...
Croats were reported to take "bodily" trophies from their enemies after battles (ears and eyes). Something Ottoman troops did.
Can't expect much civilised warfare from people who have been raised on skirmishes, impalement and mercenary work

Also wanted to add that most battles involving the majority of Croatian and Hungarian troops achieved strategic goals and/or victories, while "Hochdeutsch" armies didn't. It's because we had experience, especially against Ottomans. This is the only thing I am proud of, as a nationally aware individual. We were dogs, but we were dogs of war

i have never heard of it
sorry i guess

Croats have been known as savage barbarians since forever. Even at times of brutality like the 30 years' war or the Holocaust, Croats still managed to stand out as the most imaginative psychopaths.

Austria-Hungary was at war with 7 of its neighbours at the same time in WW1 and defeated 5 of them decisively. Austrians being bad at war was a meme in the post Metternich world, like Adam Gurowski wrote that "not even the Austrian Aulic Council" was as terrible as US strategists when the US civil war started. It wasn't only marriage chess that held Austria together.

its safer to be feared than to be loved
during 30yr war croats that fought there were veterans of turkish wars so its not really a suprise that they were savages

>Croats have been known as savage barbarians since forever. Even at times of brutality like the 30 years' war or the Holocaust, Croats still managed to stand out as the most imaginative psychopaths.
We have a lot bottled inside, and no one to hear us out

this was also evident in the Yugoslav wars.

While, sure, Croats were justified in their cause. Croats wanted a democratic and modern repubilc. They still managed to be savage dogs during the years of warring against Serbs, Montenegrins and for a while Bosniaks. Croats either killed or drove out most of the Serbian minorities and burned alot of holy places (ie. orthodox churches and mosques).

I'm alright with a nation fighting for its freedom, but not being able to criticize the war crimes of Croatia is insane.