The NBA would be 10x better both as a sport and as entertainment if the regular season was shortened to around 40-50...

The NBA would be 10x better both as a sport and as entertainment if the regular season was shortened to around 40-50 games and playoff series were one and dones instead of best of 7 series.

This also eliminates any more obvious forcing of game 7s and regular season matchups would actually mean something. Playoff basketball would be 10x more exciting. The only reason for this format is for the Jews to make the most money.

Prove me wrong,

Protip: You Can't

Other urls found in this thread:

tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/197393/super-bowl-jewish-holiday
bleacherreport.com/articles/1044379-20-laziest-players-in-the-nba
82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only thing I disagree with is one and done games in the playoffs. I think there is a lot of statistical deviation in basketball much like baseball. I would suggest a best of 3.

Also I forgot to add that division rivalries would actually mean something if the season was shortened.

What sport doesn't have statistical deviation? The reason the NFL is the most popular sport in America is because of the tense matchups both in the regular season and in the playoffs.

The fact that the playoffs are one and done make the sport that much better. The team has to show up that particular day. Imagine how exciting basketball would be if that were the case.

The reason the NFL is so good and popular is because it has stayed relatively Jew-free.

the ADHD Generation ladies and gentlemen

So you like watching meaningless regular season games? And shitty finals series where the refs blatantly force a game 7 or blatantly rig it?

You're a Jew puppet "muh ADHD" keep shilling shlomo

this is the same mentality as the "only watch the fourth quarter" crowd, absolute fucking casuals. There is no need to cater to you fucking faggots.

I don't want to see teams fluke their way through to a championship when basketball players can recover quickly enough to play seven games over the course of about two weeks.

Basketball has a greater luck factor, IMO. You can be losing by 10 all game and hit three or four lucky 3s and steal the game right at the death.

This happens all the time because it's a lot easier to make a few buckets than throw and catch a hail mary pass. The only way to decrease the luck factor is to increase the number of games, which the better team has a greater statistical chance of winning. It's basic math. You could still make it a best of 5, or 3.

So? Show up and play defense, guard the fucking perimeter. More often than not the better team will win.

Luck happens in the NFL a lot more. You could scoop up a fluky fumble or catch a football on your helmet.

t.David stern

t. manchild with no attention span

dubs

M U L T I B A L L

Not an argument

I feel like that way of playing the game would just eliminate any sort of tension

Bo1s are generally open to a lot more "lucky plays" or coinflippy strategies. Extended series allow for multiple strategies across the series to try to look for weaknesses in the opposing team while showcasing the abilities of each team.

>I think there is a lot of statistical deviation in basketball much like baseball.

neither is t. david stern, but the argument was already laid out so that was merely a response to a post that contained no argument.

the NBA is perfectly fine, reducing the number of games to cater to ADHD faggots like OP is completely unnecessary.

>Bo1s are generally open to a lot more "lucky plays" or coinflippy strategies

No, it would be played much more carefully and the training and preparation for it would be insane. No more rigged till game 7 series either.

so instead we're going to have one game with is exponentially easier to rig.

fucking moron.

Still not an argument

>NFL
>jew free

Sorry but pick one

oh, I get it. It's a shell game.

kys

A one and done wouldn't be rigged you retard. It would become glaringly obvious if that were the case. Rigging is done on many forms you clueless moron, letting one game go to a specific team, going to a game 7 etc. People are less likely to notice if "just one game" gets fixed. Plus the whole world will be watching. Why do you think the NFL doesn't have this problem?

In terms of luck:
baseball>football>=hockey>>>basketball

your entire stance is fucking bullshit.

it is much easier to get away with one type of rigging over one game. It's much easier to explain away officials having one bad game than an entire series, just look at Super Bowl XL or XLIII.

Goodell - Not Jewish, White

NBA - David Stern, Adam Silver

The NBA is the NBA and the college game is college.

Furthermore, basketball isn't football where generally the better, more prepared, healthier team comes out on top most of the time.

Basketball is a game of variance, a game of runs, a game of momentum. A multigame series is the only fair way to determine who a better team is through all that.

Don't try and turn one into the other. One and dones would be awful applied to the NBA.

The problem with a multigame series isn't the series concept itself, the problem is the NBA.

Single game eliminations wouldn't solve it. They would be just as open to all the same outcries of bias and criticism of reffing and jewry and probably overall easier to fix in favor of one team, if not through the NBA's meddling, then through simple ref incompetence.

This is a thinly veiled Sup Forums thread. fuck the hell off OP go back to your containment board and scream about your jew boogeyman

Neither of those games were rigged at all you fucking retard.

Now look at WCF 2002. Blatantly fucking rigged. Like it's not even close, the disparity between the likelihood of being rigged between XL and WCF 2002 is huge.

>XLIII

Not rigged dumbass

tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/197393/super-bowl-jewish-holiday

>Basketball is a game of variance, a game of runs, a game of momentum

And so is literally every single other sport you fucking retard. You think football isn't a game of variance, runs and momentum? More so than the fucking NBA that's for sure.

Not an argument

I agree with you OP. The strike shortened NBA seasons were so much better than the normal ones. There is literallly no reason at all for their to be 82 games. The players don't even want it. Plus the Best of 1 format would be a lot more exciting, imagine a small market team slipping through the cracks and winning for once, rather than the same teams playing over and over again each year.

>one and dones

you are a huge fag if you don't love 7 game finals. make the early rounds best of 3 and the conference/nba championship 7.

i do agree about shortening it. i like stats and stuff so being able to watch every game to keep up with that without having to switch channels around would be nice.

The regular season should be shortened, the playoffs should remain as they are.

Also with less games, network tv deals could be sensible, reviving the sport.

How does shortening a season make a league more entertaining? You're gonna have to explain the logic behind this one. I seriously hope your argument isn't riding on some naive concept that players will suddenly try harder on a game to game basis just because they playing less games 5 months later.

>you are a huge fag if you don't love 7 game finals

Yeah sorry I don't love watching the same teams make it to the finals over and over again and watching the refs try to make it "tense" by forcing game 7s.

>players will suddenly try harder on a game to game basis just because they playing less games 5 months later

But that's absolutely correct? Do you not see how Poppovich benches his players for meaningless games? Less games = higher stakes which means better basketball. Maybe division rivalries would actually mean something too. You are pretty retarded desu

Less games are more meaningful. People are more interested in the regular season. More ratings, more money, more incentive for pros to bust their ass.

>You're gonna have to explain the logic behind this one

You must be one dumb guy to not see the logic behind it. If the regular season was 500 games do you think they would try as hard than if it was 32 games?

i'd be okay with shortening the season a bit if it meant that players would encounter less injuries and be more in top form for the playoffs. Can't count how many times promising teams have imploded in the playoffs over sorely missed injured players.

As for one and done games, you are a gigafaggot, OP. Basketball is not Football. It would be way too easy for a team to luck their way into the finals if it was all one and done. A series is needed to more definitely prove the better team advances.

>It would be way too easy for a team to luck their way into the finals if it was all one and done

No? Are you legitimately retarded or what? Any proof to back that up by the way?

And even if that were the case why in the hell would it be a bad thing? Do you enjoy every year watching LeEastern conference get to the finals? If so then you are a massive faggot.

The league is not just the commissioner, its the owners too.

You're naive as fuck if you think players will suddenly try harder, as if "trying harder" is even a possibility the majority of the time, by cutting half the season. Get the fuck out of here retard. You've never played a sport in your life.

Games become more meaningful, in a sense, but that's what playoffs are for. It won't make the action any more entertaining.

Dude the league doesn't make it's bread and butter from ratings.

Teams first and foremost profit from the local tv deals, then the ticket sales/stadium ads, then they get a share of the national tv game profits.

Like the Lakers had a deal with Time Warner for $3 Billion for 20 years.

Ratings only matter when negotiating TV deals but that is contingent on how good your team is and not on how many games are played.

Who said the others aren't? But basketball relies on that more than any other, you dope.

Admit your thread is shit. Literally everyone disagrees with you.

SeePlayers would definitely try harder, as there is more at stake with every game. Coaches would have to gameplan and strategize as every potential loss could mean missing the playoffs.

>It won't make the action any more entertaining

So a game 1 is just as exciting and the players are trying just as hard as they would if it was a game 7. You're retarded

Yeah they make money, but to get the real money you gotta capture the mainstream public interest, and that means regular network tv coverage, like the NFL. They need average joes talking about games over the water cooler, not just dedicated basketball fans.

I don't know about where you live, but basketball is only on TBS for me.

The league would get more lucrative deals if they had better ratings you fucking dolt. Look at NFL deals. Your arguments aren't making any sense.

No, not at all, even though 500 games to 32 is a moronic comparison. Now explain to me why professional athletes who have reached the highest level of a sport suddenly stop trying when playing 82 games. Fucking armchair athletes I swear. I knew NBA fans were dumb but holy shit.

Why would an athlete give it his all if the game potentially meant nothing in the grand scheme of things? Are you that fucking dense? I could show you hundreds of videos of athletes not trying, giving up on defense, avoiding contact, etc... I played both basketball and football in highschool and middleschool, we all tried harder when there was more at stake, if we were getting blown out we wouldn't give it our all if it was some regular season game. Now obviously it's hugely different from the NBA, but the point still stands, it's just basic psychology.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1044379-20-laziest-players-in-the-nba

>But basketball relies on that more than any other, you dope

Source on that? Provide proof, arguments. There is a reason for the term "Any given Sunday"

>Literally everyone disagrees with you

Argumentum ad populum

You never had lazy fucks on your team phoning it in night after night? Lucky you.

Spoiler : He's never actually played any type of organized sport in his life.

Get the fuck outta here Lebron

The NFL is a different model altogether it's like apples and oranges.

The NBA can't compete directly with the NFL in the USA but it is certainly becoming more and more profitable through the international market.

The one thing the NBA has to focus on in the USA is the female market in order for the game to be more appealing to casual fans. That is a different beast altogether though.

No it can't compete until it makes a huge overhaul. The NBA isn't popular in many small market places because of no parity. It can't attract casual viewers if the same teams keep winning and going to the finals every year.

>this parity argument
that is irrelevant as fuck

just make the playoffs all the way up to the CFs, a best-of-three, and then for the last four, a best-of-seven series.

Nice argument and reasoning you have there pal. A lot of people, not just limited to myself are drawn away from the NBA because of it.

Take a look at the last 10 years of superbowls, and at the last 10 finals winners.

That is your preconceived notion.
People tune into the NFL because of their head start in marketing themselves to the casual fans and the way they have entrenched the product to the national consciousness.

People will tune in regardless of their teams winning record (see Browns).

You're not the main target for the NBA market anyway.

It's not a preconcieved notion at all. You are probably one of those "Lebron fan" wankers who jerk off to stats.

The NBA put me off after 2002 when they blatantly rigged games against my Kings. It's clear that parity isn't what they want, they want to capture large cities and profit off of bandwagoners. It clearly caters to its star players, as you will see "le travel and push off in paint man"

The NBA is a joke of a league

There you go. Fucking butthurt Queens fan. Give it a rest dude.

Food for your though so you can get over it.

82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm

Gayker fan detected

Only a Laker fan would think that series wasn't rigged. A pinky foul against Divac, yet when Bibby gets elbowed in the face, somehow they call it against him.

Fuck off faggot, now I see why you're so against parity, you're a fucking bandwagon spic or chink laker fan.

Did you even read the analysis? Get over your hometown bias you faggot.

It boils down to

>Mistakes happen goyim (;

Yet completely ignores and abandons any common sense and the eye test.

The reason one and dones even work in the NFL (I think they're ass but it would be worse with dozens of injuries but w/e) is because the majority of the players are specialized for a SINGLE facet of the game and the fact that it's a game based on downs and plays, not so much constant motion. A team, for the most part, has to be physically prepared (and gets a fuckload of time to do so) and the one with better planning wins. In NBA, you don't simply have to be prepared physically, but also recognize how the team is playing in front of you, with various factors constantly being put into play. Football lets you prepare for each goddamn play. Basketball, however, forces you to reset immediately and try to cover for whatever it is they're doing. The only hints you get are the player movements and velocity changes.

And again this is relevant why?

>capitalizing the C in "can't"
I just did.

Because you didn't provide an actual argument in OP, so I had to make one for you.

And

>muh variance

Isn't an argument either. Try again. A single play can fuck up your entire game in NFL, that can't happen in basketball.

>is because the majority of the players are specialized for a SINGLE facet of the game

Not an argument

>muh eye test
>muh common sense
from a homer. top kek.

Because it's a different sport. Basketball isn't dependent on a single play. It's based on momentum, which isn't something that can properly be determined on a single game.

One and dones work for NCAA basketball too.

I would argue though that it works for NCAA basketball because the talent levels between the players aren't that much pronounced and NCAA Basketball rules (zone and short 3) limits the impact of talented players.

With regards to the NFL and the NBA.
A single superstar pickup wouldn't be as effective to an NFL team as much as an NBA team mainly because of the amount of players on the field/court in a given time.

A superstar pickup in the NBA can drastically change the fortunes of the team (see Kidd to NJ or Gasol to LAL) because only 5 people can play in the court for a team.

>Basketball isn't dependent on a single play. It's based on momentum

How is that even an argument? NFL games are based on momentum as well. If the quarterback is not hot, has a meltdown then you lose the game.

>NCAA basketball because the talent levels between the players aren't that much pronounced

Not an argument

no they're not lol

Trust me if the NFL could find a way to have seven game playoff series without killing all the players they would've done it a long time ago.

They're already trying to expand to 18 games when most starters are playing injured by week 15.

Confirmed for having no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Momentum is huge in sustaining drives in football.

>NFL
>Jew-free

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Number of Jewish NFL comissioners - 0

>man this game is so close! only a minute left!
83-82 - timeout
>well it's only fair they have an adbreak at this tense moment
83-84 - timeout
>well the coach needs to put a plan together, only fair
miss - timeout
score - timeout
steal - timeout

All with fucking ad breaks. Give me one good reason why they shouldn't ban timeouts in the last few minutes of the game.

>Muh strategy and coaching
>Muh momentum

Coaches have plenty of time to drill these scenarios in practice, and momentum is a meme.

Players are too dumb to strategize. The coaches gameplans are brilliant.

We wouldn't have the .04 shot without it

Time outs are just too advance the ball

>Robert Kraft-Pats
>Arthur Blank-Failcons
>Malcom Glazer-Tampa Bay Busts

Literally one google search m8.

Nice try Shlomo, you fucks are everywhere

>Kraft

Goodell did a huge Fuck You to Kraft. He has no power at all.

Not an argument. In fact your argument works in my favor

Your argument was that there were no Jew commissioners.

Get outta here with your jew lawyer tactics.

*owners

Why? Because all sports are run by the owners of such, who while most certainly care to a certain degree about the sport they're involved in, they care much much more about money. Things like "TV timeouts" make no sense in the actual game itself, but are easy pickings for the bean counters in charge.

>inb4 "hue hue soccer doesn't have that shit" Yeah you guys literally have companies pasted across your jerseys that somehow people want to buy and wear, thus advertising the company even more on their their own dime. I weep for basketball's future in this regard.

SeeClearly says commissioner you fucking retard. Get out of here you illiterate fuck

Nah a basketball team's night can be ruined if a few shots rattle in or out.

Also, the NFL is in no way Jew free

You're obsessed with a rigging that's at best not nearly as heinous as you are delusionally claiming

Most retarded post itt

Samefag

>shorten season
It should happen, but it won't happen unless it's done in a way where the NBA can make more money.

>one and does instead of best of 7
Fuck that. The good thing about the NBA is that the best team usually wins. Call it more predictable but it's more fair. First two rounds should be best of 5 though.

football has single elimination because the sport is fucking brutal and asking teams to play series is cruel

and the NCAA is fucking idiotic and not something that should be help up as any sort of standard

basketball/baseball and even hockey are sports that can be played several times a week, so having series where you can determine who the best team is logical to such an extent that the only people who want to change it are contrarians with too much time on their hands.

T. Schlomo

>The good thing about the NBA is that the best team usually wins

Not only is your argument stupid, it devalues players as well. If you get beat in a single elimination then you clearly aren't the better team. You fucking retard,

Even if it was the case The Spurs/Heat/Warriors win the championship for the 10th time in a row isn't fun you fucking retarded cuck.

>and the NCAA is fucking idiotic and not something that should be help up as any sort of standard

It seems to be doing just fine actually