Admit it. It's prog

Admit it. It's prog.

If Discipline is prog, this probably should be classified as such as well.

I cannot take this album seriously anymore

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE DUBS

Why?

I guess it is to an extent, but it's a lot of things to an extent.

It's prog in the same way that Loveless is psychedelic rock

actually that's bullshit

shoegaze is almost entirely psychedelic rock

B-but Discipline was made by those red screamy face guys! That was prog, right?

sorry for stealing your dubs user

Loveless is psychedelic noise pop/noise rock. The vast majority of shoegaze isn't very psychedelic unfortunately.

This is post-rock.

No it's pretty much club music. That is it's utility.

TIL that coke-snorting ravers hopped up on acid and speed in a club love to listen to extremely slow songs about terrorists blowing up American villages and even slower spoken-word poetry about some abstract shit about changing your face just by thinking about it.

We can agree that psychedelic is a blanket term though, right?

I think shoegaze is almost always inherently psychedelic and I've always believed that something doesn't have to be inspired by psychedelics to be psychedelic. It's more of a sound and you know it when you hear it.

Spacemen 3, The Brian Jonestown Massacre (first album), Ride, Swirlies, and even Curve I would all consider psychedelic.

I can't think of too many shoegaze bands I wouldn't consider psychedelic. Pale Saints and Lush I guess.

turns out I stole them.

Wrong, I had them all along.
So, as I said...
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE DUBS

It is, I'm not saying it or Remain in Light aren't.

Whatever that's like the two songs out of six. The six are total club tunes. Hell so is Speaking in Tongues

Literally all the other songs are the raving delusions of a paranoid madman - Born Under Punches (which could also be interpreted as an anti-apartheid song, but it's not like that's any more club-friendly), Crosseyed and Painless, The Great Curve, Houses In Motion, and The Overload are all heavily discordant normalfag-proof songs. Even Once In A Lifetime, being one of the most well-known Talking Heads songs, is pretty club-unfriendly.
What are you even talking about? Am I just being baited?

No. Why do you think lyrics dictate if a song is clubby? This shit is total dance floor shit.

Nah, sorry to both of y'all.

Also, sorry for saying y'all.

I think shoegaze relates more to the use of effects pedals and whammy bar/tremolo arm, but even then psych artists throughout the ages have always encorporated new age effects to spice up their sound. the guitarist of the kinks did the tremolo arm thing while playing on do you know walter in 68 way before Kevin shields. Shields has said that the kinks were a huge inspiration and also the cover of loveless is a homage to the kinks kontroversy album cover

tldr; shoegaze should be considered neo psych

It's a bunch of loops added and reduced it's not like the tracks go through key changes or tempo shifts jesus fuck it's more afrobeat Fela dick worship than anything you brainless proles

Talking Heads make funk music for white people. Nothing is more fun to dance to than funk.

>Houses In Motion
>Not enjoyable for almost everyone
Go outside