Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
I got a magnet implant on my finger.
AMA

why?

sensory augmentation
I wanted to feel magnetic fields basically.

Are you some idiot that tried to do that yourself? I can tell at a glance that you fucked up and will be removing it in the next month because it's screwing you over. Next time, try realizing you aren't a doctor. If someone else did it for you, sue them for their failure.

are you retarded?

You're an idiot.
Hematoma is normal when inserting anything.
It was done by a surgeon; everything was a success and I'm on day 9. No pain, swelling, or rejection.
Next time, try realizing you aren't a doctor.

No

magnetize something with it then man

How will you pay for things now since every credit card, and debit card you touch with that finger will be ruined?

how does that work?

so when you need an MRI one day what do you do?

Oh, man, sorry, I guess nearing the end of medical school means nothing, especially when I'm not talking about hematoma but the placement, depth, and thread.

The magnet is too small to do any damage to the magnetic strips of credit cards. It's also too small to be detected by airport security.

Its a neodymium magnet coated in gold so as to make it biocompatible. Just a regular magnet except under the skin. I can rub my hands on anything and sense its magnetic field as well as strength. I can also pick up small items.

dumbass

Yeah I'm sure being a medical student far surpasses the knowledge of the surgeon who implanted it for me.
Forgive me, master.

get rekt OP

Whats the point of feeling magnetic fields?

Yeah, surgeon as in "lol I used a box cutter and sewing needle after I bought the kit online when I was done watching a youtube video".

Butthurt? It's an anonymous thread on Sup Forums lol. Just take my word for it?

To act edgy and superior by telling every single person "I know which way north is because I sense magnets", like how Vegans tell everyone and act superior.

>I can rub my hands on anything and sense its magnetic field as well as strength. I can also pick up small items

This is now a useless superpowers thread

Like I said, it's a form of sensory augmentation. Essentially, I have a new sensory input that I didn't have before. It's honestly done out of curiosity as it serves no real purpose.

Um, well, I guess I can tell ferrous metals from non-ferrous metals as well?

You're not wrong.

I don't really think that's useful but yea, you do you OP.

I can't sense north, or any direction for that matter.

Nigga be honest
You tryna be Magneto?

OP wanted to do same any advice, I already plated a small pagnet with gold so it doesn't react with my body, gonna used dry ice to reduce pain and cut open with scalpel

how do magnets work?

magic

Fuckin this

Lidocaine

Removing the magnet takes about 5 minutes. If I need an MRI and I'm unconscious, I'm sure I'll have bigger things to worry about than a bit of trauma to my finger.

It's also removable & then able to be put back again like it's no big deal?

because its under his skin it will move slightly at magnetic fields and he will feel it as it moves around.

magnets