...it sounds like paramore trying to do the mars volta

...it sounds like paramore trying to do the mars volta

what

Reminder fellow Sup Forumssers:

Threads like these are bait.

Mariachi Linkin Park

This album sounds a lot like any of those polished late 90s/ early 00s radio-ready 'emo' albums that verged on pop punk. Jimmy Eat World or SDRE are probably fairer comparisons than Paramore, but Coheed were a hell of a lot closer to being Paramore than they are to The Mars Volta tbqh.

lol'd

I like this album

I always thought it sounded more like At the Drive-In fronted by Geddy Lee. The album cover reminds me of the Relationship of Command cover too.

Still their best album by a mile though.

I like this album but ATDI is leagues ahead of Coheed in composition, technicality and intensity

On the other hand Coheed's lyrics presumably at least make some sense within the universe they've crated, whereas I'm fairly certain Cedric doesn't have a fucking clue what a single lyric he's ever penned is supposed to mean

The thing about Coheed's lyrics is that they're awful, but you can defend them with the concept.

Now that they've lost the concept, they're just awful.

Had a few mates that were obsessed with this band back in college, had to play "Welcome Home" numerous times with them at gigs

Fucking awful music t b h

I think Time Consumer is a pretty great song, probably the only one they ever made

you sound like a dick

It sounds more like a pop punk version of Tool

Taking Back Sunday

no world for tomorrow sounds like iron maiden, on the other hand.

ykno i like that type of band, alt rock with a bit of a prog touch, because i can't stand pure prog at fucking all desu.

>ykno i like that type of band, alt rock with a bit of a prog touch

what do you think of porcupine tree? because that's p much exactly how i'd describe them

yep and it's so fucking good
unironically one of my top 5 albums of all time

Post the other 4

Y tho

What have I done wrong

At least that emo/pop punk/prog mixture is much better than the metallized sound they had later on.

I don't hear that at all.

My fav is Good Apollo I tho