My dog is dieing Sup Forums, can you guys recommend a nice relaxing game on steam I can play...

My dog is dieing Sup Forums, can you guys recommend a nice relaxing game on steam I can play? I need something to take my mind off this. I took my dog to the vet this morning and they wanted $700 to keep him overnight and give him a bunch of meds.. I mean my dogs 14 though and I don't have that kind of money. Just gonna let him pass away at home with family. I took him to the park today but he just wanted to sleep. He wont eat anything and can barely walk. All he seems to want to do is just sleep. He's sleeping on my lap right now and I just need something to help take my mind off and pass the time. Any recommendations guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/raidenz90/
youtube.com/watch?v=le34ygtODfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

five nights at freddie's

stardew valley pretty relaxing, cheap, amazing soundtrack

Just pet him and remember all the great times you've had and that he'll always unconditionally love you because you're his bestest friend. If you cry, good. You'll be glad you got it all out before he passed.

Good luck OP.

Thanks! Just watched a trailer, reminds me of Animal crossing, I'll have to check it out

I've been doing that all day, and I'm going to keep on doing that.. thanks Sup Forumsrother

no problem man, I wish your dog a painless death if it should come to that

>Animal crossing
No. The game is a love letter to Harvest Moon.

Tokyo Jungle.

What is your steam ID? Maybe if we had a list we could make a recommendation.

Sure!

steamcommunity.com/id/raidenz90/

Can Your Pet

youtube.com/watch?v=le34ygtODfI

this helped me get the tears out for my 2 puppers. GL op. It only hurts because there was love!

Beautiful video, thanks user

Welcome Sup Forumsro

sorry user. i lost my dog last week, i know how it is. glad you have an opportunity to be with him and say goodbye.

Sorry to hear about your dog user. I know what it's like to lose pets. It fucking sucks. I had to euthanise my 1 year old cat a few weeks ago, two weeks after the 1 year anniversary of my 12 year old cat's death.

If it makes you feel better, your dog is likely not suffering or in any pain. It's sounds like he's close to passing in, so he'll probably just go to sleep and not wake up. It'll be peaceful; the best way to go.

I'm sorry to hear that Sup Forumsro :( It is never easy, and I'm glad I can be here with him..

Thank you user, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss as well. I like to think he's not in pain.. especially since he seems so peaceful when he sleeps.. The stupid vet had to tell me that he's "miserable" though. I just know she wanted to scare me into throwing him into a bunch of expensive ass treatment though..

OP I was 10 when Pokemon Red and Blue came out. Everyone knows when you're 10 you get to pick your first pokemon. My mom took me to a breeder to pick out a fluffy white kitten for my 10th birthday. He was instantly my best friend. I even had a lvl 99 Meowth on my team named after him.

I'm 28 now. A few months ago he was suffering from kidney failure and I had to put him down at 18 years old. I spent most of my life with my cat and he taught me more than any human I'd ever met in my life. He's in every pokemon game I own and my pokewalker like in your image.

I don't have any advice, I just want to let you know I know how you feel. It hurts, buddy.

Fallout 4 on survival difficulty.

Thanks for sharing that story Sup Forumsrother, was nice to hear. I'm so sorry for your loss but thats great that you got to have him in your life for so long. It's nice that your cat can still live on too in a sense :) I got my dog when I was 12(I'm 25 now) so right at the point of adolescence, he's been through it all with me.. my first love, my first heart break and so much more. It's hard to lose someone that's been with you through so much..

I'm house/dogsitting this weekend for my childhood dog, we were never really that tight but I'll probably enjoy my time more now that I have some perspective

all dogs go to heaven user, my thoughts are with you in this trying time.

I'm sure your dog will be filled with joy to see you again user, show him that same joy back..Give him a kiss and lots of pets

Thanks Sup Forumsro, I like to think that too.. He grew up with my other dog, a shepard mix. I had her since I was 6 and had to put her down in 2011. Hopefully he can be reunited with her again..

I asked my mum (she's a registered nurse with training in palliative care who's worked in lots of hospitals and currently works in a nursing home) if it seems like people are in any pain when they're dying. She said that the majority of the old folk who are dying appear peaceful hours before they go, and that your dog is very unlikely to be in pain, unless he is whining or showing obvious signs of discomfort.

She also said that to make your dog feel more comfortable, you can moisten your dog's mouth using a syringe, cotton pad or even a face washer or cloth. Apparently the mouth becomes very dry prior to death, and can be one of the most distressing things. Also, if your dog can't move itself at all, make sure it's resting on something soft and to move it every 4 hours or so to relieve pressure on it'd body. This will maximise his comfort before passing on.

Good luck user.

Ori and the Blind Forest.

holy shit, you are stronger than I if you can do this

Wow thank you so much! That makes me feel a lot better. He definitely doesn't seem to be in pain, just sleeping peacefully so far. I did notice his mouth seemed to be dry as with his nose when I would kiss him. I will try moistening his mouth with a wash cloth. I've also been carrying him outside about every 2 hours to let him urinate. He has been sleeping most of the day on my memory foam mattress so I'm sure he's quite comfy!

That's okay. Sounds like you've done really well so far, keeping him nice and comfy. One okay suggestion from my mum. She said that he may eventually feel pain being moved outside to urinate, so buying some baby nappies, or even a garbage bad and an old towel that he can lie on and urinate without having to be moved could prevent any discomfort.

She says that you're a very good and committed pet owner who should be proud of himself for taking such good care of your dog during his last hours.

Thank you Sup Forumsrother and thank your Mum! She seems like a very sweet lady. I appreciate your kind words, they mean a lot. As for pain on moving him, I'm not sure if he's at that point yet. He is a bit unstable when I set him down so I'm not sure. I do have a diaper that I can put on him if it has to come to that.

Risk of Rain. Sure, it might be a bit hard, but when you manage to port foward and playing with friends if they have the game is fucking awesome.