Hey Sup Forums, should i buy a mazda rx8? help me make the decision

hey Sup Forums, should i buy a mazda rx8? help me make the decision
my salary is $30k a year before taxes, gonna pay around $200-300/month in insurance. it has a rotary engine. what do Sup Forums

ask /o/

Also no, RX8's fucking suck.

They eat their engines, have dick all for torque, and are just queer.

Go buy an FC or FD RX7, or any other car. Just not an 8.

No. Not if you have to ask.
Also ...

Find a C5 or maybe even a C6 Vette.

Why do you want a girls car?

Op for one
If you make $30k a year your like at border line poverty level.
Secondly, thats a queerbate car.
Thirdly your insurance is too high your problably like 18 years old means you should get a car thats around 5k at most there are much smarter things to put your money towards like trying to get yourself out of poverty and ignorance.

this
Buy a more practical car. You don't have enough money to afford a high maintenance sports car yet.

Of course a bunch of broke manchildren who live in a studio apartment but have a cool car they spend 75% of their income on will tell you otherwise.

30k a year before taxes? Don't pay more than 1k for a car.

buy what ever you want but i suggest having at least one third of the purchase price.

How the fuck does your insurance cost so much?
Mines $60/month.

Either a young man with a couple claims, or an idiot that took the first deal without checking elsewhere

It's because I'm 18, and a male, and I live in a very expensive city to insure in. i love it, so good.

I was thinking an RX7.

The RX8 is worth like 5k, it's a 2005, so that's why I'm even considering it. It'd be like $90/month financed, probably, or I could just save up for it.

Get a 2004-5 Forester xt 5 SPD
Faster
More space
Better in snow
Cheaper insurance
Easier to mod
Accidentally knock someone up? No problem, you're already set. Oh, and they don't devour their own engines like the Mazda.

Lol op is poor af

Get a corolla.

First step would be to get a real job

You can't afford either of the cars. Both will cost you thousands in maintenance. RX cars have horrible reliability issues.

Buy something practical and reliable like a Civic, Corolla, Camry, Accord etc. Work on getting a better job that pays more, then get a cool sports car.

You remind me of the faggot that works at my local Taco Bell that has a tricked out Mustang Cobra that he spends every cent on. Otherwise he is dead broke and lives in a shitty apartment. But he thinks his Mustang is the coolest thing ever.

Not worth it. Its literal shit compared to the rx7
>n/a
>shit rotary
>shit chassis

Rotary engines in general are not great with gas milage. Iirc, it would be 20-25 highway and 10 city. Shit eats oil like a rocket, too.

If you dont know shit about a rotary, dont get it. Other wish, you'll look like a poser flip kid that wants to slap jdm stickers on everything.

i mean, sure, im poor, but im 18
were you expecting some high end manager or something?

I'm not some faggot looking for some tricked out sports car lul, I just found a good deal on a RX8. A reliable corolla or something along those lines will cost me around $3k, so I figured why not think of the sports car for $2k more if the insurance is near the same?

You want a fun car but you can't afford repairs.

You really need to be looking at a more reliable vehicle like a early 00's Mustang, or just not a sports car.

jus det fagit

>reliable vehicle
>Mustang

Pick one queer. mustangs have been shit cars since the dawn of man.

Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a 99-00 Civic Si or a 06-09 Civic Si

How much money do you have as an emergency fund? If the answer is less than $2500 (1 month of salary), don't buy a car. If it's between 2500-7500 (3 months of salary), buy a shitty car and continue building your savings up. If it's over $7500, go ahead, take your spare money and buy your gay car.

where the fuck are the kink threads? wtf b/ros... damn im lazy cuz of the internet....fuuuck fine i guess im not jerking off to night fuckn faggets.

Have yourself a nice jerk to car talk, friend.

Rx8's are great cars but you have to take the horrendous mileage and oil consumption into account. That 'great deal' of yours probably has a blown up engine. These cars NEED their engine to be modded every fuckin time. There's literature about it all over the internet. Just remember, the amount of money you spend on buying the car is just the jump in cost, you will spend a lot more than that to keep it running.

Rice burners are for foggots and soccer moms.

Also gen 5 & 6 mustangs are excellent quality. The 4.6 V8 in the gen 5 was bulletproof and you could pick up a used one for $10k easily.

Gay Niggers In Space

Whatever car you get, i would highly recommend learning how to work on it. working on cars generally isnt hard, sometimes it's just time consuming and takes a little bit of common sense. When you get the guts to do it though, you can save tons in labor costs. I've been doing my own work for 2 years now and have probably saved thousands. The internet can teach you all you need to know

Rotary engines are unreliable pieces of shit....have fun changing out apex seals every 20k miles

Only if the renesis has already been recently rebuilt professionally

and make sure you premix gas/oil and check oil (WHILE THE CAR IS HOT) every other fillup

And when it's cold you can't just start the car and turn it back off because it will flood and not start again so you need to leave it running

You shouldn't have to ask people whether or not you should buy a particular car, unless the information you're looking for is objective (reliability, depreciation, etc.) Buy something you love.

I'm a hardcore car guy and I think there are better cars available for you to buy. A lot of suggestions here are shitty (A civic? Are you fucking kidding me?)

If you want something fun and fast, go with a muscle car. I owned a 2005 GTO and it was heaven. You can also get into a used Mercedes for cheap, but they're expensive to fix. A used Audi may be another option for you to consider. Just be careful, asking the wrong people for car advice is deadly. Ultimately, if you like the car and you're paying for it, the only opinion that matters is yours. Good luck.

How many miles on it? Rotaries are infamous for requiring engine rebuilds every 90k miles... Roughly.

RX8 has an amazing chassis

Only if you want to spend more money on oil than you will on petrol, which is already alot. And want to rebuild the engine every 100k kms.

I hear if you stick your dick in your engine's exhaust, it'll give you tingly feelings.

I was going to try and learn to repair it and tune it as needed from what I can find off the internet, just needing outside perspective

also fuck mustangs, I'm not looking to double my insurance

and also, I mean, I've read that so long as you change plugs and shit, and keep it well oiled that you won't have to worry. there's a huge forum for rx8's, and they've got loads of information on how to maintain it.

miles are 120k, already rebuilt once

Civic are one of the most reliable cars out there.....he never said anything about being fast

This guy gets it.

Compared to the FC and fd rx7's? Its ass.

honestly, why don't you just try to find a mazdaspeed3? cooler, more room, and probably faster..

You are too poor to afford it. Deal with it.

RX8 and Mustang will probably have similar insurance costs.

Most of your insurance rate is based on your location, record and the value of your car, not just the type of car.

My '16 mustang has the same insurance rate as my '15 taurus.

rx8 ranks as a 4-door sedan, same cost nearly as a sonata. I tried a 2005 mustang and the rate skyrocketed

Every one that i know that owns one of these is s total faggot. Get a normal car till you get a better job, and once you do, don't buy a cuckmobile mazda. God damnit i hope this was all bait

>hardcore car guy
What a fucking joke. He makes 30k a year...what makes you think he can afford an audi or Mercedes let alone an oil change for those cars
Either same fag or confirmed retard

Weird. I can only guess you're in a major city and you're a young male with 1 or more tickets.

Try other insurance companies. If you're an excellent driver you could go with some cheap-o insurance like Hartford or something.

No faggot.

it's because faggots mix with faggots, catch my drift?

I've actually seen several 325i's and e500's for only 4k-6k, not that bad..

shit, you fucking got me

2 - 300 a month for INSURANCE!?

What the flying fuck. I insure my V8 Mercedes for a quarter of that.

If you like the rx8 and nothing else takes your fancy then get one but go in with your eyes open they are very fragile and they drink petrol whilst not being very fast. In the UK they are under £1k and even then people rarely buy them.

I'd suggest something like a civic type r.

Get a Subaru m80

Yeah i guess so. But shit, hopefully op is a passable trap atleast

yes faggot why not
it is fast
it is practical
you can live with it every day
buy it already

major city with relatively high crime rate, no tickets

shit, being 18 and male has its perks, right?

I have DD and a 8 inch dick

What costs more about having a car, is not the starting price of the car, it's the running costs. So no, it's not just "2K more" compared to a cheaper and reliable model (like a camry), it is going to cost thousands more to run and maintain over the year. It has terrible MPG, it's not reliable, repairs aren't cheap. In the long run it's going to cost at least twice as much, if not more, to run. Even if you get a good deal out of it, you shouldn't take it.

It's called full coverage fuck tard

shit, I wish I could get more than 15/30/5 for $300 a month

I make 31K AFTER taxes and I wouldn't buy this car. You make 30K BEFORE taxes.

Don't do it.

Jesus. I have 50/100/50 on 4 cars for $270 per month.

I'm also a middle aged man with a house, 2 kids and a multi-car discount.

yeah, they gouge the FUCK out of me. 18 year old male in a high-crime large city, i guess i should expect it, you know?

buy it. youre a fag, so buy it.

Get an rx7 and put a Chevy small block in it

Don't talk down to me. I know more than you could possibly understand

LOL yup.....by the looks of it I'm sure you do. How that liability treating you?

Not op but question.

Metro geo vs Honda civic/accord?

(Full out money saver vs practicality)?

If I get the geo I'd compensate with flames and 'badass/speedracer' bumper sticker

If u lube it up properly and take very good care of it it will last forever.
If ur an idiot it won't last you till tomorrow

>rotary
>last forever
kek

He said he lives in a major city

(Therefore city driving)

Which means he should follow 'harsh condition' maintenance if he's going to keep it forever.

Not a good idea I think he should suck it up and save his money.

Feel bad for him if he's trying to impress a woman though

Get a BMW E36 1.6 engine

Cool as fuck yet cheap to insure if you're a young adult

>pleb not understanding lube

The squishy things on the edges of the triangle 'rotor' inside the engine need changing.

Op if ur not home mechanic you need to repair engine sooner

Civic will be cheaper than the accord.

I'm 34 and drive a 1999 civic I bought new when I was 17. Paid it off in about 2005 or so. Change the oil every 3000 miles, do all maintenance myself. Never had a single mechanical issue of any kind.

I feel like a dork being 34 and having the same car I had in high school but there is still no reason to get rid of it yet. The paint is starting to fade and the clearcoat is failing in a few spots, that's the worst thing about the car.

I've recharged the AC and upgraded the stereo quite a bit so driving it is perfectly pleasant. I plan on keeping it for many years to come.

Take care of a Honda and it will take care of you.

At this point I'm nostalgic about my car and don't think I can sell it. I've fucked every GF I ever had in it, road tripped in it to both coasts and into the Colorado mountains a few times. So many memories.

Get an FC you turd

But at the end of the day...

It's still a Civic.

Don't buy an rx8 unless you want to be a laughing stock of the car knowledge community in your town. Good luck getting that POS rotary to start in the inter mate.

TLDR: Buy any fucking Nissan and you will be fine. Rx8 :puke:

>Any Nissan

How about a 1999 Nissan Micra 1.0 :^)

Yeah, but at the end of the month I've got several hundred extra bucks I didn't waste on a car payment.

I live within a mile of my job, I spend very little time in my car. I don't see the logic in getting a new car with it is going to sit there in my driveway 99.9% of the time. I even walk to work when I have the time and the weather is nice.

Lol I see Mustang hate, but I see Hella 96-04 body stangs running the streets well up into 200k+ just take care of whatever you get

>2016
>Not driving your car to places that would take you 5 minutes to walk to