Hey Sup Forums who's the most prolific musician alive today...

Hey Sup Forums who's the most prolific musician alive today? I'm talking somebody who can rival Zappa or Bach in the sheer size of their work. Pic unrelated because I cannot think of any examples.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nCWiogdCMY0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zorn_discography
youtube.com/watch?v=R_hpoZr_YxQ
discogs.com/de/artist/160492-Ralph-Siegel?filter_anv=0&type=Credits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DJ Khaled

We The Best

Tichelli? Hazo? Certainly not in their current state but on the way maybe. Especially if you count all the small works they do for beginner bands. Good question though OP I'll be interested to find out. I don't think know we will ever see a composer create such volume of work and those you mentioned because of how many more composers are around today.

bucket head. The Pikes? How many studio albums, 100?

no, not some nigger who remixes other people's songs - someone who writes their own songs. and plays their own instruments. and records it. like Devin Townsend.

A beast in his own right. Strapping Young Lad and many others.

Zach Hill
youtube.com/watch?v=nCWiogdCMY0

meh, he's become a tryhard faggot lately, his pre 2009 stuff was really good though

Wesley Willis recorded something like fifty albums of songs. the problem with that was, he was schizophrenic and his songs only had two variations, both of them from a programmable keyboard.

BT. Mike Patton.

He is GOD. I love blaring his music loudly out the car speakers. I love the dirty looks, mothers and old folks give me.

this guy. wrote over 2k random pop-songs for various artists and you have probably never heard of him

I can't believe I didn't even think of this. Devin is 44 and he's got 25 albums (if you count SYL as Devin Townsend, which I do) under his belt.

Again I can't believe I didn't think of this because I worship his composition.

J mascis dinosaur jr

Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Stevie Wonder, Dolly Parton, Steve Stevens, and even Dave Grohl are more prolific than any of the fuckers you losers keep naming.

Animal Collective

Steven Wilson.

Guy has over 20 albums with Porcupine Tree, his solo work, No-Man, Bass Communion, Blackfield, Storm Corrosion, and the shit-load Remixes he's done.

Guy is a genius and he never stops creating beautiful music.

I'm gonna go with aphex twin. He has alot of work out and he's influenced just about every electronic artist there is nowdays

I fucking love Format 43 he's a legend

Mah Nigga

John Zorn. I can't think of anyone who comes close. Ten or so albums every year, jazz and speed-metal and surf and classical and avant-garde. An incredible talent.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zorn_discography

A little short on content but what he did make was pure fire.

OP here. I didn't think of Merzbow. So many albums and little micro releases that it's impossible to know how much he's made.

>inb4 not music

john williams and hans zimmer are 2 that come to mind as some seriously talented composers. on par with bach? yeah i'd give them both a shot at becoming as appreciated as him.

This. John Zorn has over 200 albums released in the past 30 years. Look him up. Check out Naked City. Some of the most intense music ever created.

Stevie Wonder dropped off I miss him.

Buckethead

He's fucking great

Jesus i forgot how much shit he wrote
Also chekd

John Zorn: "Metal Tov."

Seriously, just listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=R_hpoZr_YxQ

max martin

Eggs in a basket is definitely on his way

discogs.com/de/artist/160492-Ralph-Siegel?filter_anv=0&type=Credits

Obviously MC Pee Pants

Devin Townsend.

Hip hop has a long history of taking the biggest and making them nothing and forgotten. Kanye has had a very long career hip hop career but as soon as its over he will be replaced and forgotten. Hip hop is about the right now. There is very little room for classic and old school. We won't know how good his work really is until he steps out of the spotlight of popular media. That's just the nature of hip hop and pop music.

fuck merzbow and his vomit-music

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Everyone's wrong. The answer is Bob Dylan

Brian Wilson

Simon Posford, look him up.

MERZBOW.

pretty much everything after 1997 is shit, but most of Merzbow's recorded output from about 1990 to 1997 is top shelf.

there was a period from 1992-1995 where everything M. Akita put out was fucking flawless.

Noisembryo, Cloud Cock 00 Grand, Metalvelodrome, Green Wheels, Music for Dead Man 2, Venereology, Sleeper Awakes at the Edge of the Abyss, Metal Mad Man...

Buckethead's probably the most prolific, hundreds of albums.

Not having heard them all I can't speak to their quality, but you didn't ask about that.

Pic looks like a fucking zdzislaw beksinski painting

Zimmerman.

At one point he was releasing 2 albums a week.

/thread.

Charles Manson

Checked.

Wikipedia: "He has released 264 studio albums, four special releases and one EP. He has also performed on more than 50 other albums by other artists."

And every bit of it is worth hearing.

My nigga.

Dat debut, dat Det som Engang, dat Hvis Lyset, dat Filosofem. He might be an asshole, but he's also a musical genius. I mean that literally.

And 17 of them are with Viggo Mortenson.

Wumpscut

/thread, go home guys

every music-based thread someone beats me to posting buckethead

Do bands count? Radiohead

DO DAT BE A GHKIN BUKIT ON DA HED OF DAT WHITE BOI? SHIEEEETTTTT

do you watch his videos on yt (his channel is called thulean perspective) ?

Agreed. I'd say Eric clapton especially. Dude have been active since 1962 and is still relevant today.

I haven't heard of any of these people am I too mainstream /b