twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember when ships had larger guns than tanks

>destroyer
>no anti ship armaments
>no anti submarine armaments
>less sams than the needed to defend against three anti ship missiles
laughable

youtube.com/watch?v=co31Z8anKUw&t=1s

Pic related is the sort of thing that gets lost in between the cushions of the US military couch.

fear us!

Our planes are about to be obsolete in 1 year, and our ships are from WWII, so i think pic related is the only worthwhile thing we got

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleet_of_the_Royal_Canadian_Navy

As built the Halifax-class vessels deployed the CH-124 Sea King helicopter, which acted in concert with shipboard sensors to seek out and destroy submarines at long distances from the ships. The ships have a helicopter deck fitted with a "bear trap" system allowing the launch and recovery of helicopters in up to sea state 6. The Halifax class also carries a close-in anti-submarine weapon in the form of the Mark 46 torpedo, launched from twin Mark 32 Mod 9 torpedo tubes in launcher compartments either side of the forward end of the helicopter hangar.[5]

As built, the anti-shipping role is supported by the RGM-84 Harpoon Block 1C surface-to-surface missile, mounted in two quadruple launch tubes at the main deck level between the funnel and the helicopter hangar.[4][5] For anti-aircraft self-defence the ships are armed with the Sea Sparrow vertical launch surface-to-air missile in two Mk 48 Mod 0 eight-cell launchers placed to port and starboard of the funnel. The vessels carry 16 missiles.[5] A Raytheon/General Dynamics Phalanx Mark 15 Mod 21 Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) is mounted on top of the helicopter hangar for "last-ditch" defence against targets that evade the Sea Sparrow.[5]

As built, the main gun on the forecastle is a 57 mm (2.2 in)/70 calibre Mark 2 gun from Bofors.[a] The gun is capable of firing 2.4-kilogram (5.3 lb) shells at a rate of 220 rounds per minute at a range of more than 17 kilometres (11 mi).[5]

pls buy

Our destroyers were obsolete and decommissioned in the last few years, our frigates and missile corvettes have been updated but in case of our frigates the hulls are a bit old now.
The navy has intentions on building and buying new frigates only but not destroyers anymore

For it's size, Sweden used to have a really big military during the Cold War. Traitor politicians downsized the life out of it during the 2000's sadly. But we still have a lot of nifty weapons manufacturing from those times, like this artillery piece from Bofors.

>wheeled arty

Sven pls

keeek i fucking love brazil

>ESM ARRAY
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esmeray
Blacked again, Ahmad Al-Britani

youtube.com/watch?v=XVPG8JWo05A

Labrador is a Canadian dog

Slovenia has vessels? Impressive

beep beep

You do a discredit to yourself by lying.

Well done

good post

truly the most fearsome seapeoples

Glorious battlecruiser

Part of our Afghanistan invasion force

>tfw Nezahualcoyotl will either get sunk as a reef or turned into a museum for a year before they give up on it and sink it
Feels bad.

Yes, all other tanks are slags.

i don't think i can even get a picture to sum up my military capability

Looks like the dam thing's on fire.

There's a couple of graphics floating about in terms of number of aircraft & ships for the USN & USAF I think. There is no comparison.

*oneshots your tin tonk*

Patrician taste

There-s arguably little need for ships that are that big *and costly( to operate and in the absence of a real plan for the navy coming from civilian authorities (the president and congress) consolidation of assets into more necessary operational types is sound policy. The navy has been greatly expanding SAR capabilities even as the marines continue to be used for the war on drugs. Other than a few capable ships to handle long shot scenarios (eg anti-submarine) we really have no reason to operate something like destroyers. I'd much rather we have up to date corvettes than some modernized version of WWII destroyers.

Havoing said that what I would like to see as flagships for each of our fleets is medium sized hospital ships. Not only would that allow the navy better resources for disaster relief but it would prove invaluable in terms of soft power projection which is what our country really needs to get from the navy.

We need to hold the government acountable for this limbo they-re keeping our armed forces in, unfortunately any real efforts will have to wait until the next president, the current administration is overspent and too engaged in Trump damage control for it to allocate any more funds.

This is a nice plan.

What would you consider suitable for Mexico's hospital ships?

Something small on the 200ft range? TBQH this is one decision which should be handled by experts, I-m just trying to make a point regarding what we should be doing with our navy, Mexico is not a country whose policy requires it to mantain conventional means of power projection, basically what we need is porper means to mantain our waters secure (eg from Asian fishing boats exploiting our EEZ) and provide up to standard search and rescue and aid to navigation, other than as I mentioned some small capacity to deal with a few extraordinary threats (terrorism, attack by a regional rogue state) we are basically talking coast guard duties. Hospital ships would just be a means to take those capabilities beyond this traditional role and into a cohesive plan to rationalize our mantaining a navy-s chain of command, infrastructure and traditions in a useful way.

Right now the whole structure is based on modernization of what were originally defense plans meant for WWII, mantaining the navy out of inertia and near permanently underfunded isn-t helping.

*finish him*

Smoke is need to defend from spies.

Soon. Ramp.

welp you might know them already

>Britain is too small so British tanks need to train in Canada instead

You can't make this shit up. Pic related is of British Challenger II's in a combat exercise in Alberta.

Looking good.

>>Britain is too small so British tanks need to train in Canada instead

Stop being silly. But still, here is a Challenger 2 training with a Polish Leopard.

ty netherlands

I like this.

ty 'Murica

army.mod.uk/operations-deployments/22727.aspx

>The training area at BATUS is equivalent in size to the combined area all of the main training areas used by British Army in the UK and in Europe; Salisbury Plain Training Area would fit in 7 times over. 5 Battlegroups, each containing approx 1400 soldiers, are trained at BATUS each year.
>As large as all British training bases in the UK and Europe combined
>Over 7,000 British soldiers train there every year

and last but not least ty Germany

BEEP BEEP

That's a big training area.

So you are saying your proud of being a cuck?

It is apparently the single largest training area in the world.

kek

You forgot to thank Peru

It isn't a British base. There are no foreign military bases in Canada (unlike in Chile). We just let the Brits use part of CFB Suffield. Those buildings in the south-east whose roofs look like the letter 'I' are where the British troops are situated.

Fuck off Quebecois

Apollo a cute.

it's a pretty neat museum

there's literally 1 military base in Chile and it's a training facility for US-Chile operations

>have shitload of tanks
>have no soldiers to man them since conscription was abolished
>have no budget for replacement parts

Fuck this place 2bh

>lost against a city-sized country

Be very afraid.

*beep beep*

>10 KB, 319x158

>44 KB, 495x303

Why would someone do this?

File sizes

Is the Dutch military just Bundeswehr rebranded?
When will you blanda upp?

>F-16
>F-35
>CV-90
>C7/C8
>FAL
>MINIMI
>domestically developed navy
We will also soon take command of your marine corps I believe

>marine corps
thats an exaggeration
its supposed to be a batallion max, and i doubt they have reached their full strength
but thats fine i guess, international cooperation is usually a good thing

>Why would someone do this?

Mainly because that pic is from like 1989 and taken with a polaroid camera or some shit.

Everyone should visit Bovington IMO.