Fantano was paid to give this AOTY, right...

Fantano was paid to give this AOTY, right? I mean his reasoning was literally "no rapper would ever rap over these beats, they are so different"

This is the same year as fucking Selebeyone and he thinks AE is some bold work

Definitely paid off I think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY
youtube.com/watch?v=n5AYMiAdqhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ru9-nd-qgTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

maybe watch the actual review of the album instead of paraphrasing one sentence from the video in which he talked about 50 different albums

Fantano is a cuck

Stay buttblasted kid.

album is released
>AOTY 10/10 best hip hop album of the decade
critics show appreciation for the album
>overrated piece of shit all critics are shills "listened to death grips once"

why is Sup Forums so predictable?

not an argument

you're the buttblasted one you goof

Album was released
>oh wait, Pneumonia was the exception to the rule of only mildly off kilter hip hop that sounds only slightly if any bit more abrasive than Public Enemy, from 20 years ago.
Fantano likes it
>ANYONE WHO DISLIKES IT IS CONTRARIAN

Why are redditors so predictable?

critics are fucking cancer, especially the egotistical memeshits like fandongo with no actual musical knowledge or experience.
it's objective proof that an album must be some pretentious, commercial garbage if he likes it. being put off in an instant is the only appropriate response.

have you seen him play bass in his amazing band taiga? he is a god.

youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY

>only slightly if any bit more abrasive than Public Enemy, from 20 years ago.

haha what

name one Public Enemy song as abrasive as Ain't It Funny, Dance In The Water, or When It Rain

actually better yet name one Public Enemy song that doesn't sound horrendously dated and corny

Hi Anthony

Brothers Gonna Work It Out

nope

youtube.com/watch?v=n5AYMiAdqhQ

Im just curious how 22 a million didnt even get a mention. Granted,i didnt see his review on the album so idk if he liked it

how in the fuck are these supposed to be abrasive?

What the fuck is this shit?

Try listening to a track before saying no? Especially the one featuring an atonal guitar and layers of static

I've listened to these, I know these albums front to back, the only Public Enemy song that is somewhat abrasive is Bring The Noise.

the next big thing in music my man

youtube.com/watch?v=ru9-nd-qgTo

I don't know what to say except "you're wrong" lmao
Half of Danny Brown's album isn't even experimental

What did Pierro Scaruffi mean by this?

"I think any Rock that adheres to a classical standard is outdated and lowly"
"By the way I love the neoclassic Shostakovich and his least abrasive symphony other than 9"
"I'm an idiot btw"

that's what he meant

great album but i agree, why does he go on about how experimental and groundbreaking it is?? in the same year as clipping, death grips, moor mother, etc.
half the songs on the album are extremely traditional for 2016 standards

So let me get this straight... You're pissed off about a YouTube personality's rating of a music album and are making up conspiracy theories to explain it? L.o.l.

They did an interview man. It's not a stretch.

Fantano also did an interview with Tim Hecker and then gave his album a 5/10, what is your point?

>Definitely paid off
>I think

He's loved Danny Brown for years, lmao

>has no evidence to corroborate claim

Pretty sure we know who you voted for.

Hilary?

holy FUCK he shreds!

He gave it a 5

I asked him this the other day and he said
>MAMMA MIA I LOVE-A THE UNDERAGE GIRLS SCUZZI MY PUCCI

(OP)
>Definitely paid off
>I think

own your shit you fucking KEK

WATCH IT CHRISSY

this was my aoty before

it sucks because i genuinely think its good but fantano likes it so i can't

same :/ i hate it every time i think i might like an album fagtano gives it a positive review and confirms that i'm not allowed to like it anymore

Am I a fag for loving everything about this album but I'm unable to get past his nasally voice?

Nope, just a fucking pleb.

fucking kek

>Fantano gives AOTY to the one artist he recently interviewed
really makes you think

He was paid off to give Injury Reserve a good score though. His review was top of the line shilling when the album isn't even good.

They definitely viral marketed their album on Sup Forums as well.

What don't you like about it

Hes not wrong that its AOTY material, but the way he described was cringe as fuck. I had to pause the video and let the cringe dissapate a bit before i kept going.

The "nobody else would touch these beats" cliche is literally what people on Sup Forums shitting on danny brown use to invalidate his fanbase, and to a certain extent, they arent wrong! But the thing is, thats not what makes the album good at all.

It isnt good because its weird for the sake of being weird. Its good because of the dark, fractured, manic mood it manages to convey so fucking well. Yes, this isnt a typical mood that people can easily relate to (especially not to the depth and extremety that danny talks about it), so i guess thats why people think its weird.

Its stength isnt its weirdness. If it was just weird and nothing else, it wouldnt be nearly as powerful as it is.

The jazz rap is boring and the "bangers" are undone by weed dealer flows / spiritual lyrical miracle subject matter. I've listened to it twice and I can't really put my finger on it it's seriously just not that interesting

All of this. The fact that he's able to make something so specific sounding and outside of the comfort zone of hip hop, in terms of rappers that are as famous as Danny is, yet so accessible to where his entire fanbase adores it, is what is good about it. The craftsmanship and vision is impeccable and somewhat weird but not forced. I would compare it to Art Angels in that way. Not reinventing the wheel of the genre but rather perfecting their own style within the genre.

>he knows nothing about the guy he criticizes
kek how ironic

I completely agree that Danny Brown hasn't pioneered a new subgenre with Atrocity Exhibition like some fans think he did. However, I think it's done something great for experimental hip-hop by being very accessible and being an awesome experimental album. People who are saying this marks the beginning of post-hip-hop may not be completely wrong, because there's no doubt that Atrocity Exhibition will influence a lot of future albums, and it has shown that there's a huge audience for weirder hip-hop out there.

The only shilled album on his list was Floss.

fuck man I like Floss

What did you listen to, only a few songs on Floss could be considered "jazz rap" but what the fuck is a weed dealer flow?
Or "spiritual lyrical miracle"? I'm genuinely curious