What exactly is stopping me from going into a store to buy a new GPU and taking a picture of the UPC of a cheap piece...

What exactly is stopping me from going into a store to buy a new GPU and taking a picture of the UPC of a cheap piece of shit then printing that UPC on sticker paper and putting it on the most expensive one? I could walk around with it in my cart and buy a few groceries and they would scan it in a hurry and not pay attention because their job is to be quick.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2012/07/03/police-men-swapped-upc-codes-tried-to-buy-1000-computer-for-80
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing user, go ahead and grab that GTX Titan XP for the price of a GT240 and post results!

I'd have to make sure the cashier wasn't going to need out and be like "Ohhhh shit, you're buying the new TITAN?!"

If he did and he busted my ass, I'd just hand him a UPC code. Lmao.

nerd out**

Where the fuck do you live that a supermarket sells computer pieces too

What kind of a store sells groceries and graphics cards?

What fucking grocery store on Earth sells GPU's?

You fucking imbecile.

That is a good ass question. I was just thinking hypotheticals. Target maybe? Probably would have to go to Best Buy and switch some shit around then buy cheap random shit with it to pull focus away from the GPU and make it seem like a bulk purchase.

Neither Target nor Best Buy sell individual computer parts in-store. Do you know how UPC codes work? Do you even leave your house?

The problem is Target doesn't carry any good cards. Even if they did, they lock them up and make you pay for them at the electronics desk for this very reason.

Fucktards in this thread never heard of Frys

if you do it right it's not a bad idea. they have to prove you put the sticker on there or they can just make you swap it. If your caught say fuck all and go to curt they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you put the sticker on it.

If you are really clever you will work with someone else so if it does go to court you can get evidence it wasn't you.

Just don't get caught chatting to them on another camera like a total derp.

>the more expensive card hasn't been removed from their system
>implying security tags aren't all the same

you should get some lumber too just so it isn't too obvious.

you know these stores plan for this shit, right? It was posted in my and all my other co workers training. Simple shit, and loss prevention will find your ass

Ah yes, I'll take two skids of pressure treated 2x6's, this graphics card, a carton of Virginia Slims, and a pack of magnum condoms for my magnum dong.

you don't understand how anti-theft devices work.

You think you do, you don't.

You will go the rest of your life thinking i'm wrong and you actually do know how they work. You don't.

exactly. i like how detailed you are.

NOT op . . . If they could get away with the sticker they'd make it. Pay with cash, dont use a store card . . .

Nice dubs OP . . . .

Figure out how to print a sticker thick enough to cover the old UPC.

>security guy always watching on CAMS . . .

soo . . .

>put a sticker on that shit (unless its locked up or something which is prolly likely . . .)

>leave the store, come back another day / time and see if its still on there

>make purchase . . .

>if u get caught they'll check security cam and see you didn't put the sticker on it that day

i work retail

I bought my gtx 1070 from bestbuy.
In the store, not the online store.

walmart

They didn't find my ass when I stole the iPad or the Nintendo 3DS, bitch. Don't play holier than thou with me.

as long as your white and look sorta normle they wont even pay attention to you. my buddy stole around 50 big lego sets and never got bothered til he got greedy and stole some other more targeted shit like clothing. and all he had to do was pay them back.

I would recommend buying more than the GPU. Generally they don't work too well unless they are built into a complete card.

Or have a friend come in and put the sticker on it. I mean shit...

Also, I hate that the wage slaves on here working as LP get mad that I'm stealing something from a corporation that sees them as a shit stain.

Why would anyone be buttmad about me stealing from a chain store? I could see if it was a mom and pop store, but it isn't. Lmao.

Get a job you fucking mongoloid. Otherwise, I hope that you get hit by a bus.

I am white and look normal. I've stolen fuckloads of shit before. I did get greedy and started stealing shit I didn't need. Walked into Walmart with $800 in my wallet one time when I had just gotten off work and I was tired as fuck to steal a $6 sub. Lmao. I saw the fat LP dude following me and still walked out, but he jumped in front of me and said "I'm not the guy you wanna mess with" and pulled out a fucking Walmart badge. I almost fucking lost it at this fucking faggot, but I just payed for the sub and left. I still remember him jumping in front of me like some fat retard superhero to this day. Other than that I've never been caught. I've stolen video games, an iPad, food, cell phones.

I did pretty much stop stealing shit when I turned 20 though. Been about 3 years since I really stole anything that I remember.

Bad day at work, Superman? Did the bad guys steal some DVDs?

i steal beer, and chocolate from my job. Been working there for almost 4 years . . .

don't

>Lmao.

me

Thug Lyfe

Retired master thief here lol.

>Go to Target pick out items desired
>Then pick a bunch of clothes and put items desired into pockets, pant legs, etc
> Proceed to the dressing room.
> They count the hangers in your hand they don't check pockets
>do your biz in the changing room.
>Leave WITH ALL PACKAGING this is the most important part
>Discard packaging around store
>Go home and profit.

Have done this many many many many many.....times.

no
this is

I never did that, but not bad.
I just walked to the clothing aisle and cut the shit open, or went to the bathroom with it and cut it open.

Still master theif....wander around store and slide item into sweatshirt sleeve. Always works.

Bring wire cutters, clips those pesky alarm devices right off, leave alarm devices somewhere hidden. Like pant pocket on a random rack.

Small laptops are usually locked in big laptop lockers...the small ones slip right out when turned at an angle...have done this multiple times

Most camera/GPS/ etc displays are usually in working with fake alarms attached..have taken a many of those.

If it's cool enough out, you can wear a coat or hoodie and have something in your hand then take the hoodie off and wrap said thing up in it and tuck it under your arm like you just got too warm and decided to take your hoodie off.

Your moral compass is what should be stopping you, filthy degenerate thief

I can't even begin to comprehend the stupidity that goes into thinking that this attitude about theft is ok.

> (You)
>I never did that, but not bad.
>I just walked to the clothing aisle and cut the shit open, or went to the bathroom with it and cut it open.

That's what they are expecting!!! Always act like a regular customer never go to the bathroom or hang out in a aisle too long fiddling with something

Why? Who am I stealing from?

this is op

Who am I really hurting?

The store?

Yeah, I know they expect that shit but it worked until I quit. :P

I recall my local Best Buy having really shitty GPUs. Same goes for the repair shop I'm pulling business off of because they're dicks.

if they got a garden section open in the summer it is a good exit. you can just wheel shit out or at least notice if your being followed. if thats the case then just put the shit back. and they cant grab you so if all else fails just run.

And why would I care about a corporation that makes billions? They can suck my cock.

Lol I got paranoid and don't have the balls to do this anymore. This was all when I was underage.

Also go into large shoe store (dsw) Put on new shoes leave old shoes. Always works

One day they'll be knifed in an alley by a nigger for their shoes, and they'll be bitching and moaning as the life ebbs away from them. In their last seconds before everything fades away, they'll wonder why someone would think it was ok to do that. Meanwhile, the nigger will discover that the shoes aren't his size, and will idly toss them in the bushes, never again thinking about the pathetic whimpering Hillary supporter he left in the alley.

And that's why you're a filthy degenerate thief, as I said

I've done that...
But then I wanted my old shoes back so I went back in and grabbed them.

Get a female cashier

I have stolen probably 50-60k worth of clothes, electronics, and food (genardies was retarded and really easy target).

I pay like a faggot now

The more you steal, the fewer people who can be employed, and the higher the prices go. Also, the more you steal, the less money the corporation makes, and the less money they have to pay taxes to the government. How about that? When you steal, it can affect your welfare check. Your kind triggers me beyond belief.

Lolol nice!

I don't know about 50-60k but I'm probably in the 20-30k range. I stopped when I became an adult, but I still appreciate the craft. I never stole from a person though... Or a mom and pop store.

Little different from a disease riddled rat scrabbling around in the garbage, deserving nothing more than to be exterminated without a second's thought.

That's the mind set I had when I stole like a klepto!
Devil trips

I did this to get my television, just picked the oldest cashier I could see

I don't have a welfare check. I work, faggot.

Me neither only stole from big business! I justified it and made it okay in my head

Dope. I think that's what I'll do if I ever decide to do that shit.

blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2012/07/03/police-men-swapped-upc-codes-tried-to-buy-1000-computer-for-80

only people that bitch on thee threads just are mad they are to pussy to try this themselfs. fuck off corperate white knights

>Virginia slims
Fag

I stole a rack of ribs from genardies once

>I never stole from a person though...

Instead you stole from groups of many people. Wow that changes everything, I am so proud of you

Groceries and computer parts in the same store. Must be American.

and shotguns kek

Ur retarded. Walmart is not loosing out..no one loses their pay because of it. Those kind of businesses plan to have this happen and set assets aside to balance the effects. You uneducated faglet

Wouldn't the store keep the expensive computer parts behind a locked counter?

yeah just pick the oldest cashier possible that you know has no clue about stuff, there's like a 99.9 percent chance the 80 year old lady checking stuff out knows the difference between graphics cards or the fact you're buying a tv at half price. I even was like yeah I had to pick this up on the good sale you're having and she laughed and said she'll tell her grandson to come in. It's technically fraud but I don't know how far a company like walmart would push it since it would be an actual court case unlike shoplifting

Lmao

Best Buy sells Nvidia gpus boi

>"...magnum condoms for my magnum dong"
>cashier takes one look at user
>"alright sir stand aside, we need to check everything out you're clearly lying about something"
>user gets in trouble for lying about graphics card
>user gets embarrassed about "magum dong"

Then stop stealing, you fucking idiot. You have to have the mentality of a rotten onion to think that stealing doesn't hurt anybody. Hell, your stealing might have cost somebody their job. How do you like that idea? Where do you work? I want to come in and sabotage you to the point where you lost your job because your a pathetic excuse for a human being. Do us all a favor and drink some drain cleaner.

Look at this entitled nigger, bet your momma is so proud that you graduated from stealing candy at the convenience store.

And how does that make it okay? Do you think the corporations WANT to work that into their budgets? Of course not, they are forced to by assholes like you. And as a result they have to cover the losses elsewhere by raising prices and lowering wages. If you think your theft has no victims, you are absolutely, categorically wrong.

Best buy sells shitty ones. Well the best they sell is 970 ssc. Target doesnt sell them, can confirm cause i work there

You morally corrupt piece of shit. I hope niggers break into your house and steal everything you own, rape your dog, and shit on your carpet. Since, it's just one person who is the victim, it will be a statistical insignificance. Society plans for that kind of thing and really doesn't care what happens to individuals in cases like this.

Probably the same faggots that make fun of SJWs and WhiteKnights in other threads, then come into these and completely fag out and get hypocritical.

>Stop! In the name of the WAL!
kek I hope you're kidding about the badge

>"Loss Prevention knew something was amiss when a white person claimed to need magnum condoms."

>cashier rings up GPU
>Register clearly says granola bars
Umm, manager to aisle 5 please.

The loss prevention fucks who clearly aren't doing their jobs right

Are they forced to get their products from labor camps overseas? Are they forced to intentionally make working conditions shitty so they never have to pay more than minimum wage because no one stays around? Are they forced to hire so many people that no one can work full time while the company rakes in benefits from loopholes in the employment system? Walmart is one of the worst companies on the face of the planet. Fuckem. They already paid for the product. No actual producers of goods are missing out.

Kill urself

I did stop, and you would know that if you would learn to fucking read dick knob.

Sounds fair!

Calm down Satan

Unfortunately I'm not. He was a dipshit. Had he just been like "Sir, I know you have something. Please pay for it or put it back." or some shit... I'd have respected him more. The whole superhero thing was fucking sad.

security tag will beep if the wrong item is scanned.

fucking white knights...

If you've never worked retail, I don't expect you to understand. The reason store employees get upset about theft is because stores are generally "punished" by the amount of shrink (dollar value of stolen items in a given time period).

The amount of shrink your store has affects the number of hours that corporate will allow you to allocate to employees.

Basically, too much theft, and the store can't employ as many people, which leads to more theft, etc... It's basically, prevent theft or potentially get laid off after the store is forced to cut hours.

>stealing one videogame from the $20 bin will cause the economy to collapse, massive homelessness, and complete utter bedlam.

Stealing is a problem, just not near as much as you're making it out to be.

Exactly. If you're so fucking angry about it... catch me.
I have a few friends that are LP, and I've watched them do their job. They usually walk around with a headphone in one ear for some reason, and they never have anything in their cart or on their person. They just seemingly shop for nothing the whole time. I watched one go through a rack of batteries acting like he was looking at like 30 different brands of AAA batteries just so he had a direct shot at some tattooed up crackhead looking dude and his pregnant wife.

Nothing. I had a buddy who is a piece of shit and probably still changes upc all the time on stuff. Theiving cunts..

>THIS
>THIS
>THIS
>THIS

Because when you buy it will then make note that it was purchased in the register....when you try your scheme it will fail....they will all laugh at you.