Tell me your stories, experiences about travelling with a plane Sup Forums

Tell me your stories, experiences about travelling with a plane Sup Forums

I am going to travel first time in my life, I am so fucking afraid.

Other urls found in this thread:

planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I work in aviation you should be...

Bump

What? explain

People make mistakes (maintenance) / safety cuts into profit margins / pilots well there are few and far between good ones.

Generally very safe, but shit does happen. Used to love flying as a young'n, then over time started to develop a fear. Now I take half a Xanax, puts me at ease.

>Generally very safe, but shit does happen

this is what bothers me FUCK

Just gotta have faith that those in control are doing their job

Your plane is either going into an office building or you're going to be stuck with a crying baby the entire flight.

I love it, sit by the window watching the clouds like a little kid. I like being away from the mass of humanity, the energy is clearer (OK, /x/ fag here).

Shame they run the oxygen levels so low. Should be a law against it, I always feel muggy headed after a long flight. Oh, and don't drink alcohol user, any negative effects can be magnified.

I have flown over 10 times now, and the only trouble I had came from myself (sickness).

Trust me, airplanes are safe and not scary at all. The scary part is the food and sometimes the nasty stranger next to you other than that nothing.

You should just chill. I travel alot every year and never had any issues. By a plane is one of the safest way to travel. If u get panic attacks just get acid and chill out

OP here I fucking hate you

Take off is a rush. You won't have felt acceleration like it before. Be prepared for that, because it might add to any pre-flight nerves if you're not. Enjoy.

I always have a few in flight drinks, the worst part for me is takeoffs and landings, but once we reach altitude, I just set the autopilot.

flew once, I fucking died

I was on a 3 hour flight yesterday, was fucking BORING, take off is scariest part tbh, as well as turbulence

Go to your doctor and get a prescription for some Valium, it worked for me and I had walked off 2 flights before takeoff like a little pussy before. 15 hour flight from Melbourne to LA, got a little jumpy but nothing like full blown panic. Good luck.

Make sure to tiptoe, walking slowly and keeping your weight evenly distributed. Stay as still as possible when seated. Remain at least five feet away from the plane's exterior walls. When you notice someone moving about the fuselage, immediately reposition yourself to their moct recent location, signalling a nearby person to do the same with your seat or what have you, and so forth. This will ensure that you do not mistakenly flip the plane.

i was in one of the airplanes that hit the world trade center on 9-11,,that was the scariest and the hardest thing ive ever been through..thank god i made it out alive,,i still wont get in an airplane ...i just cant..i...

Used to fly the whole time, like every week to cities all across the world. After a while it's just irritating. For long flights with multiple time zone crossings I used prescription sleeping tablets washed down with a double vodka and a window seat. 8 hours of bliss and wake up kind of refreshed. Short flights are the worst.

Honestly, just don't go overseas.

>plane is failling
>there is nothing what you can do
>you are going to die soon in a few seconds
>in a fucking metal can

>Get on plane
>First flight
>Family of 3 sits next to me
>Oldest daughter was kidna cute, but younger sister comes sit next to me
>1/2 in flight, little sisters starts being annoying and taking up my space
>Near the end of the flight she has her legs all the way over my seat
>Too embarrased to say something
>Older sister looks at me and laughs
>Had to sit still with a little girl's legs over me for 3 hours
>Know many Sup Forums users would love to trade places with me at that moment

I have flown 9 times now and on most flights we had an engine failure or loss of cabin pressure.

How far are you flying? The things I love about it are looking out the window and getting to my destination faster than traveling tediously on the land/sea. The things I hate about it are sitting still in my seat for so long and just the general mild queasiness I feel shooting through the sky in a huge tube with 100s of other people.

Aircraft, much like bees can only maintain flight via the power of belief. If your belief falters for even a moment the plane will plummet to the ground instantly killing you and all of the other passengers.

Air travel is a team effort.

I fly pretty regularly (about 8 times a year) and really it's the same thing every time. I'll tell you about the worse flight I've had though
>be me, travelling back home from jersey
>it's a short flight, only about an hour and a half
>weather's decent, kind of cloudy though
>flight is delayed for 3 hours
>"technical difficulties"
>not really what you want to hear before getting on a plane but whatever
>end up boarding late at night
>plane's kind of small, find out it's one of these bad boys
>pic related
>they were new at the time, had never flown in a propeller commercial plane before
>whatever i'll just sleep
>FUCKING SIKE
>propellers literally making my head throb with each rotation
>all the children on board are crying
>flight attendants hurriedly handing out earplugs and gum
>remember how I said it was cloudy?
>the entire flight is turbulence
>at one point the lights even flicker
>eventually we land though
>co-pilot comes out of cabin
>he's profusely apologising for the rough flight
>tell him to open the door so I can speak to the pilot
>he opens the door
>I tell the pilot to get on the floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur

1578.1 Kilometers

then I am fucking dead

fuck you

is this user telling the truth??

there has been an increasing trend of pilot suicide.

>just get acid and chill out

If you haven't travelled on a plane for the love of god don't take acid. Chilling out is not happening

I watched a plane fall out of the sky.

Once we hit land so hard it knocked the wind out of everyone on the plane.

Once the turbulence was so bad that the flight attendant puked. At the same time it broke the noise cancellation device.

Everyone in this thread is fucking with you. All you need is this gif >>

Don't listen to this square drugs always make an experience memorable.

The safest way to travel OP

A little more than a decade ago I was on this flight from L.A. to Boston when the pilot fell asleep. A couple of foreigners rushed to the cockpit to help out, but they must have been shitty pilots because next thing I remember is waking up in a collapsing building. I could see the jet fuel melting the steel beams as I ran down the stairs. When I finally got out I realized I wasn't even in Boston. Fucking Muslims suck at landing planes, how the hell do you hit a building in completely different state then your destination?

top kek

Yeah if you take something that compliments flying.

>mfw people think there's such thing as casual acid
>mfw your acid is probably weak-dick

>is this user telling the truth??
No user, just fucking with you. The drive to and from the airport is literally more dangerous than the flight itself.

i was on a plane 2 days ago and honestly the only thing you really have to worry about is the gross bathroom and possible turbulence

Allahu akbar!!

>there are people who don't carry a parachute everytime they fly

plebs

post your parachute with timestamp

Yeah I read this already, but fuck I guess people who died in a plane read this too

I'm a skydiver and I always take my parachute as carry-on luggage. That probably makes me the most relaxed guy in the entire plane (besides flying up to ten times each weekend for skydiving, that helps as well). On a side note: fuck sandniggers

First off, you are a whiny bitch OP

My flight experience covereing roughly about 250 times, nothing bad happened so far.

Really op, flying is the safest method of transportation out there. I think what you're most scared of though is the veerrryyy small chance your plane does go kaboom. in a car crash, there's a 1 in about 18,000 chance you'll die. however, in a plane crash you'll die 100%. odds of that happening though are at 1 in 11 million, meaning you and the handful of people on your flight are the unluckiest fuckers on earth and probably deserve to die

Crashes have a 98.7% fatality rate. But don't worry you won't crash, probably.

>I knew only one person that died in a plane crash.
>I can't count the people that died in a car crash on both my hands.

My S/O is a pilot and I used to be TERRIFIED of flying. I hate heights, but now it's just something I'm used to. I freak out a little inside during turbulence, but you will survive. And it's kind of fun!

Air travel is literally 100X safer than traveling by car.

You are much more likely to die driving to or from the airport than in a plane crash.

There are at most a couple fatal airline crashes a year. Do you have any idea how many thousands of airlines flights are there a day?

Over 30,000 people die in car crashes a year in the USA alone. Less than 1000 a year die worldwide in plane crashes every year.

In 2013 it was well below 500 deaths worldwide.

Air travel is extremely safe.

planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm

Take something to read, some music, and a handheld gaming system. Do not use them all at once. Really, it's just a matter of being patient about getting to where you're going, waiting on the mid-flight lunch and/or dinner, and (if it's available) watching TV on the back of the seat in front of you.

Where are you going to and where are you coming from?

Between the two, you'd want the office building.

Just pray and open your heart to Jesus, then it will be okay.

What use is the parachute considering most crashes are on takeoff and landing?

You also can't open the doors in the airplane when the cabin is pressurized. They open inwards. There is a several PSI pressure different inside to outside. The surface area of a single 1 foot by 1 foot area (12x12) of the door is 144 square inches.

So even if the door was only 12x12 inches and assuming there is only a 3 PSI pressure difference it would require 432 lbs of force to open that tiny door.

The pressure difference is even greater, and the door is like 10X bigger than that. 5 men couldn't open it.

Your parachute is useless.

Lower cabin altitude causes greater airframe stress. They could run it lower, but either more planes would fall out of the sky, or ticket prices would be much, much higher.

This is actually the truth. Of all flight I prefered the once where we flew into an office building.

Here of statistics to put you at ease.

Chance of dying 100%

Chance of dying in plane crash 100%

This pic should let you rest in peace. Its the hand of death reaching out to get you as you crash.

You're in a flying car. You'll be alright.

I heard about an incident where there were snakes in the cargo hold on a flight to LAX. Like vipers and other snakes. Apparently the snakes got out and started attacking people. I think the pilot and copilot got bit and died, but someone on board knew how to fly and landed them safely.

There's probably an user here that knows about it better than me, though.

this, and escpecially since you're travelling in the US (assuming?) where airports and flights are more secure and monitored than most of the world. there's only been a handful of fatal domestic US commercial airline crashes since 9/11. tldr there's nothing you can do, once you're 7 miles up in the sky your life is in the hands of an underpaid, underslept and probably depressed taxi driver

I'm an aircraft mechanic for a major international carrier.

Don't be afraid user; I barely ever come to work hung over.

This, im an aviation mechanic (A&P) and have seen illegal pencil whipping shit just to get the plane out after heavy maint. to fly again and make money.

The odds of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 11,000,000. The odds of dying in a car crash are 1 in 5000. You are 2,200 times less likely to die in a plane crash than a car crash

is that per car journey or yearly.?

Fucking kek!

>pencil whipping

If it's major you can always be a whistle blower. I've only ever seen minor shit pencil-whipped and if I saw that done do an airworthiness item I would say something.

The majority of airplane crashes are actually pilot error.

Enough is enough!

Yea, i saw the actual head of QA sign off on corrosion of the canoe fairing metal skin where it has the pivot arm that attaches to the trailing edge if wing. Kek. All they did is paint over it

Oh btw. This maintenance is a normal at Pemco World Air tampa, Fl.

The plane can fly without the canoes.

Not if the canoe comes off and strikes the horizontal stab? Yea....

Come back when you're seeing the horizontal stab jack screw maintenance pencil-whipped.

be me, flew first time got bit by snake in lavatory. black gentleman saved us all apparently the whole flight was fulled with snakes. never flew again

Oh shit. Like that 727 alaska flight that went down in the atlantic? They didnt grease the jack screw

Accident while we where flying. We had to turn back in the middle of the air because there was just one engine working. Loosing high and just one try landing. All went perfectly

lol

hey OP a plane is just like a long elevator ride. You get on the door closes. The door opens and you're there.

Last summer I took 8 flights all over the world. Each flight between 2-8 hours. seriously mate there nothing to worry about except muslims

Yes. I'm kidding of course. That shit is fucked up. I worked for a company that would do shit like that and it drove me to heavy drinking. Luckily I now work for a company that isn't afraid to ground a plane for mx. My advice is either say something or leave. United is hiring.

I was thinking about delta or spirit. I love the airbus to work on

It's safe op, but sometimes the pilots are dicks. I one purposely drop 1000 feet in a second to freak us all out. Then him and the copilot came out of the cabin laughing and point at us calling us pussies. Then then grabbed drinks and still laughed till they fell asleep.

It will depend on where you're willing to move to I guess.

1k feet in a second?! Pure bullshit

Expect it to be bumpy

One of the easiest things to tell if someone is new to flying is if they freak out during ascent and descent

It will be very bumpy both ways unless you are in one of those massive 300+ seater trans Pacific flights

Also looking out the window is pretty therapeutic once you are up to altitude

I used to fly places weekly for work

Oh, also are you American? Because there is more if you are

Must be in a shitty country

>or you're going to be stuck with a crying baby the entire flight.

This shit literally nearly always happen. I fly about once per week for work and I swear to God this is the standard. Fuck those little shitlings.

Kyle?

One time I got in a plane

It went up

It went down

Then I left the airport to go to my destination

Sometimes the lights in the plane will randomly go out and the electricity seems to be switched off. When this happens you will notice the stewardess on board will try really hard to look and remain calm but have a very obvious panic in their eyes. Don't worry, though - Most of the time the lights come back on after a while.

Pioltfag here. Quit being a pussy. Do you think we would get on if we didnt think we would make it to the other end???

Whenever the plane first takes off it has this terrifying rumble noise and you can feel yourself getting light headed when it first gets off the ground. If you can go through that without hyperventilating to death, you'll be fine. Nothing else to worry about, really.

Aux alternator on most planes isn't related to primary alternators (there are usually 2 primaries)

That's when we switch the electricity generation from the APU to the main engines. Slight flicker while switching.

Don't worry op. As said, the takeoff will definitely go fast, and you'll feel like the plane is going to crash, but the takeoff will always feel unsafe. You've probably heard the saying, "the drive to the airport is less safe then the flight itself" because it's true. there's like a 1/1000000 chance of anything going wrong. Other than that, you're definitely going to die faggot.

Honestly I am always afraid rather during the security check. I am fucking afraid that they will bring me in for questioning or anal exam because I lok lik a terrorist or something like that.

As soon as I enter the security check area I start to tremble I am so sucpicous that they check me two times.

I get that pic
Its when thbpilot locked the copilot out and nosed the plane into the rivers vsgina
SEPUKU PILOT
INTO THE RIVER IT GOES