> St Vincent to release new, politically inspired album in spring 2017

how do you figure Annie Clark aka St. Vincent's next album will sound, Sup Forums?

theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/21/st-vincent-new-album-spring-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

guitarworld.com/features-artists-artist-news-news/st-vincent-talks-new-album-and-why-she-wore-bikini-her-guitar
theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/21/st-vincent-new-album-spring-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I doubt it will be overtly political. At least I hope not. I don't mind influences but I don't want the entire album to be bashing Trump by name or some other blatant political messages that could ruin the album.

Also I'm interested in what she means by "real sea change". I would imagine this means it won't sound anything like S/T, which I think is a good thing even if I enjoyed S/T.

here's hoping it's tasteful and intelligent and not liberal talking point diarrhea
but knowing her i'm optimistic

DO you think she'll have a song about eating pussy and ass?

>tfw I posted "protest album against Trump when" in the last thread and is now coming true
She should name Trump by name so whatever Trumpfags she has as fans drop her.

She already has a song about a lesbo affair. Chloe in the Afternoon.

Digits will confirm

>Liberal Tears: The Album

The album has been in development for quite a while before the election ended though so it shouldn't be entirely about disliking Trump. If at all.

I think it will be mostly subtle but also overt at times. I'm picturing songs like Digital Witness but more aggressive.

It's not like she couldn't tweak some lyrics here and there to allude to his election.

I really hope she doesn't stoop to that because it'd be lame as fuck. criticize the entire political system for being so fucking retarded that a businessman with no experience got elected and for the only other viable candidate being a literal criminal. trump is not hitler.

"fuck drumpf!"

I hope she returns to her indie qt phase and brings back her dedicated arrangements pre-Strange Mercy.

And honestly, I hope she stops playing guitar.

>it'd be lame as fuck.

For you maybe. I'd love it if she did that.

la la laa.... trump is a neo fascist bigot la la la... you really want that?

>implying StV can't compose a good complex song criticizing Trump

What makes you think a song like that would be so simple?

Maybe it will be a political punk album.

Are you Cara?

no

because being "anti-trump" is in itself a simple minded position to a more nuanced issue that's been going on

Seems to me you just don't want an artist you like to trash your favorite President.

>qt phase

St. (((Vincent)))

>(((user)))

Not him but I think good political songs are very hard to make and I don't want to potentially have a bad album from an artist I like because they insisted on making their album political. I also think it's absurd to even have so much complaining about someone who hasn't even taken office yet. There are people already blaming stuff happening right now on Trump even though he doesn't have any power yet.

Maybe she could do a good job at criticizing while still having it be good but I would prefer her not even try just because of the high chance that it could turn out bad.

Golly gee I can't wait to hear what FRESH and INSPIRED views that Clark will be expressing with her CAPTIVATING melodies and INSIGHTFUL lyrics.

Thank you for your CAPTIVATING and INSIGHTFUL post, tripfag.

>St Vincent to release new, politically inspired album
Why?
Why can't she just make good music about the various themes of life?

>implying there will be a life now that Drumpf is in office

>implying politics aren't part of life

I hope it's not like her self titled. I didn't like that one so much. It felt subdued, I think.

It probably won't be if you go by what she says.

>The process for recording the new as-yet-untitled album (which is due for release this spring) has been more drawn out than past efforts, but has produced what she describes as a “real sea change” in her sound.
>I think it’ll be the deepest, boldest work I’ve ever done

guitarworld.com/features-artists-artist-news-news/st-vincent-talks-new-album-and-why-she-wore-bikini-her-guitar

>self defeatist crybaby

i just hope she doesn't just preach against trump like everyone is doing and ignore hillary's issues

i hate trump and prefer hillary but that's the popular opinion. much more americans voted for hillary, yet he won due to america's """democratic""" system

Why would she talk about the loser?

>mfw tasteful election themed loose concept album

St. Vincent - 4 Years, 8 Years

1. The Man in the High Tower 4:05
2. Hat Thrown in 2:56
3. An Optimistic World 5:00
4. One Sided 4:40
5. Laughing Stock 5:12
6. Email Blues 4:29
7. Media Circus 5:03
8. Marching 4:50
9. Numbers Lie 3:22
10. The Day 4:14
11. 4 Years, 8 Years 8:57

>theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/21/st-vincent-new-album-spring-2017
But will it have the same effervescence as Lemonade?

>JazzHands
she looks super cute in that pic

DELET THIS

Cool list, 10/10 would listen to

Oh man, at least I can listen to her ironically now