Are millenials the worst generation of all time? There is no good music made by them. now generation X...

are millenials the worst generation of all time? There is no good music made by them. now generation X, those guys/gals were responsible for all the great indie of the 90s/2000s.

But there are literally no good bands made up of millenials. indie music is now dead because of them in fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cn5DTHqLM7E
youtube.com/watch?v=KOibQ2wfLtw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
youtube.com/watch?v=8GjEbrUHOl4
youtube.com/watch?v=YZAfwHLnmlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

op, how old are you?

Correctamundo.

They also let RAP exist and thrive. fuck em.

There's a lot of good music coming out of Japan right now

car seat headrest made practically everyone's year end list and rightfully so

this

get fucked you dumbshit frogposter, then kill yourself

I'm 12 years old but I love queen and Pink Floyd unlike the other idiot in my generation who only listen to crap like Taylor swift and rap

How the fuck am I supposed to know how old everyone is in these bands?

gay furry fuck off

>car seat headrest
>good

pick fucking one. the fact that this is supposedly the best there is to offer (it's not) shows how bad it is. it's literally fucking furry faggot mentally ill trash.

if you think it's not trash you unironically, literally and objectively have shit taste in music and should stop posting on Sup Forums.

anyone who thinks car seat headrest is good objectively has shit taste in music, it's actually that simple

>that is supposedly the best there is
I dont think I necessarily implied that. Either way how the fuck am I supposed to know how old the people are in these bands? How do you?

pretty much every band/artist Sup Forums talks about are the same artists that were popular a decade ago.

CSH > your favorite band

Get fucked

for example? Swans are extremely polarizing around here.

you literally have no idea how bad your taste even is

>nu-male furry faggot trash
>good

faggot

Point proven thanks dumb fuck

>"le gen x was great"
>90s scene full of faggots ripping off the velvet underground

I take it you dont like rap then?

because that list is huge and rarely goes over 30

>he still thinks car seat head rest is good

you can't make this shit up

i bet you unironically enjoy being cucked too

im a millennial and i make good music so there

better than whatever shit you listen i gurantee it faggot

CSH is the type of shit that "hipster girls" play on their Crosley while smoking menthols and drinking cheap vodka to impress boys who actually listen to real patrician music. Toledo is a boring songwriter and the shitty strokes impression that he does is a sorry excuse for a vocal style.

>What is shoegaze?

"i was born in da rong generashun"

This has to be a joke but let me compare CSH and my favorite band animal collective.

CSH: Follows basic song structure much of the time often with very minimalist instrumentation that doesn't really explore anything new sonically or lyrically. Toledo is neither a very charismatic frontman nor a particularly talented vocalist.

Anco: created what is possibly the defining psychedelic record of the decade, constantly explores new sounds and even used conventional instruments such as a guitar in rather unconventional ways as displayed on sung tongs. Their music is often oddly structures with many long drawn out segments of sonic experimentation. Their two vocalists Avey and Panda both have better ranges than toledo and write better melodies and harmonies than him. Avey particularly is a much more expressive and emergizing frontman than toledo as well as a better piano/guitar player.
I'm stopping now because I fear I may have taken the bait

There's really no way I can know how old the majority of all these people are.

The programmer/drum machine guy looked young as shit. The singer I couldnt really say. I'm not the best judge of age.
youtube.com/watch?v=cn5DTHqLM7E

>car seat headrest
>better than David Bowie, Peter Green, The Smiths and Pink Floyd

topfuckingkek

again I cant fucking know how old these people are. Should I ask to see their ID? The singer looked pretty young I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=KOibQ2wfLtw

>CH is trash cuck music
>lists anco other random popular shit as favorites
I've never even heard CH but that's pretty adorable.

Shit

you say CSH is shit but listen to AnCo lmao don't reply me anymore

still better than your favorite band

>hop along, have a nice life, deafheaven (I know it's a meme but come on), touche amore, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Joyce manor

There's a bunch of good millennial "rock" bands. There's even more good hip hop music being made by millennials but you already seem closed minded as fuck so I won't list those.

>other random popular shit
>pink floyd and david bowie

does your contrarianism also force you to breathe only carbon dioxide instead of oxygen? if it doesn't, I hope it does soon

What about Pup? Id classify them as either punk or alternative and they are bretty gud imo

Are deafheaven really that young?

I'm feeling this is bait. Literally no one with a soul can dislike anco.

Formed in 2010, Im sure they're all under 30

typical AnCo fag who thinks his mediocre pop boy band shits gold

No b8 just calling out your pleb taste while you have the nerve to shit on the tastes of others lol

are you retarded?

Isn't one of the pre requisites of boybands that they're hot? I'm not going to argue that Avey and Panda are hot AF but you ever see geologist and deak?

>Formed in 2010,
wut that isnt correlated to age at all

>there are literally no good bands made up of millenials

it's possible that it's because we can make music by ourselves with a DAW and some plugins. There's some pretty good producers right now to be quite honest.

Millennials are people under 35 and older than 18 right now. I'm like 99% sure no one in deafheaven is over 35 years old, just look at them.

Real/full name: Kerry Dylan McCoy; Age: 28 (born Jan 1988)

and I dunno their last album wasnt all that great but I think the argument is still supported.

No they arent. They are born 2000s+

what in the literal fuck

no

This is what everyone who doesn't know what a millennial is says. The date of birth range for millennials is like 1985-1995.

you both are wrong

I agree that CSH is shit, but using AnCo to argue made me kek

Time magazine uses people born between 1980 and 2000 to define millennials. The lead singer of deafheaven was born in 1988. The other main creative force of the band (the guitatist I don't remember his name) went to high school with Clarke. So yes, they are millennials.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

>Millennials (also known as Generation Y, Generation Me and Echo Boomers) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and ending birth years ranging from the mid-1990s to early 2000s.

It was mostly a meme and I was trying to become a copypasya t b h

>The lead singer of deafheaven was born in 1988.
Kerry is the guitarist if you were referencing my post with his age.

Lindsey Stirling (born September 21, 1986)[1][2] is an American violinist, dancer, performance artist, and composer. She presents choreographed violin performances, both live and in music videos found on her eponymous YouTube channel, which she created in 2007.[3]

I think these guys count as millennials

youtube.com/watch?v=8GjEbrUHOl4
youtube.com/watch?v=YZAfwHLnmlk

fairly good desu, at least by 2016 rock standards

October 12 2014
West Philadelphia musician Frances Quinlan, 26, began playing guitar and writing songs when she was 14 years old. While in college, in Maryland, she started a solo project called Hop Along, Queen Ansleis.

well thats one member down. this is hard work.

What

the early 2000s generation will be the next great decade in music

screenshot this

thats the singer of Hop Along

its really hard work to determine how old all these people are especially since we're limited to exclusively "indie rock"

wow what a prediction your foresight is out of this world user

Angel Olsen (born January 22, 1987) is an American folk and indie rock singer and guitarist who was raised in St. Louis, Missouri[1][2] and currently lives in Asheville, North Carolina.[3]

>tfw you're old enough to have seen the cycle repeat itself a couple of time and nothing impresses you anymore

AnCo is good though.

The oldest person on that list is Dan Barret from have a nice life, he sits right on the edge of what is technically a millennial. But honestly who gives a fuck what generation an artist is from as long as they make good music?

Will Toledo is unironically the best indie artist we've had in a while, and I say this only because of Twin Fantasy

>But honestly who gives a fuck what generation an artist is from as long as they make good music?
because thats the point of the thread?

I'm marking the cutoff at 30

which takes out Viet Cong who I just looked up

hahahahahahaha

Dude "indie" is dead, move the fuck on. There's a reason no one makes boom bap mid nineties hip hop anymore. Everything that needed to be said sonically had been said. Maybe try to experiment a little bit. Best case scenario, you make an actual impact, worst case scenario, you make something actually interesting.

although Viet Cong would actually qualify just not Preoccupations

see

actually worst case scenario your album don't sell and you die of starvation

or you totally waste your time like 99.9% of people doing the exact same shit nowadays

Chelsea Wolfe is pretty good
There's definitely some good young artists, but I agree that compared to other generations is pretty shite
Unless you listen to indie shit and unoriginal hip-hop, then you're pretty much set for the next decade

>Albums selling
>In 2016
What fucking century are you living in dude?

>Implying making "indie rock" in 2016 isn't a waste of time

Are you replying to the right post?

ITT
>Millenials are bad
>No they're not look at these guys
>Those aren't millenials
>Wait what the fuck is a millenial?

typical thread on Sup Forums

Most definitely not

>millenials this
>millenials that

Stop this shit meme that is all over the internet. You really dont have anything to hate anymore so you started fucking with generations. This is fucking stupid. Are we going to hate people with blond hair in 5 years?

MODS

uhm what about K-pop?

check and mate, mate

Just because you dont understand the lyrics and korean sound le sweet *aww* it doesnt make it any better than western pop.

Its just like the japanese rock meme

take that back

Pretty much every form of music has been played out and technology has yet to advance to a point where we can see another boom in musical innovation
Social media ensures that underground subcultures cannot develop their own sound, so everyone sounds the same
People are too focused on the aesthetic/political part of music and not the sonic part
Pretty much everything has become commercialized; even harsh noise is trendy now so people who want to avoid music industry bullshit and work with people who only care for sound are out luck
And finally, overexposure to any and all music ever means everyone just wants to imitate their favorite scene instead of developing their own; search No Wave or RIO on bandcamp and you'll find a ton of wannabes trying to revive the aesthetic of the scene without trying to actually do something to represent the 21st century

>gen X
>TVU wannabes and No wave LARPers
>"Great"