What we know about upcoming Witcher movie so far:

What we know about upcoming Witcher movie so far:
>It will presumably come out in 2017
>The budget is estimated for around 30 million $.
>Its plot will be based on "The Witcher" and "The Lesser Evil" short stories
>It will be produced in cooperation between Platige Films, the studio that made all the Witcher cinematic trailers, and Sean Daniel Company, producers of "Mummy"
>The script will be written by Tomasz Bagiński, CEO of Platige Films and Thania St. John, writer of "Grimm”, „Chicago Fire” and „Buffy"
>"We want to make a movie that will be very Polish, but also understandable for foreign audience. One of the reasons we chose the two short stories, where there is no mention or Yennefer, Dandelion and many other important characters, is to simplify the whole story. The main objective is to present our hero as wide and as deep as we can. And in such a way that viewers who do not know the Sapkowski's literature or Witcher games could easily enter his world, and love him. If we have it in the first film, it can rise further", said Bagiński in one of the interviews.
>Platige Films has only made two live action films so far, all of them were short commercials: "Ambition", advertising the Rosetta Mission (youtube.com/watch?v=H08tGjXNHO4) and "Twardowsky", retelling the old Polish legend in modern setting and advertising Polish auction site (youtube.com/watch?v=hRdYz8cnOW4)

So, what do you guys think? Does it has any chance to not turn out shit?

I'm mainly worried about low budget, and about how artificially and cheap Platine's CGI look in comparison with the Hollywood blockbusters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=laq_d_MTLkM
youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo
witcher.wikia.com/wiki/A_Grain_of_Truth
youtube.com/watch?v=2eMPlYYpT_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i don't really care

it doesn't need to be made

If they're adapting the books I say go for it, literally no reason not to make it
It's a good and rich setting, the stories are good
I'd rather see this than more schlock like The Last Witch Hunter or Seventh Son

I've only read a bit of The Last Wish. I'd love to see a movie adaptation of "The Witcher" short story where he lifts the curse off of the princess in Vizima. It is a nice self contained story that doesn't over get too convoluted.

Baginski is a very competent guy but I too am worried about the budget. Hopefully they'll make the best of it.

Who should play the witcher??

My vote goes for idris elba

Just 30 million?

JUST

we already have the movie equivalent to The Witcher thogh

Should've made it into a HBO tv series. The short story nature would've easily worked in a MOTW format.

There was already leak of the cast 2 days ago.

I'm cautiously optimistic but not looking forward to it. Mainly because I can't picture geralt with anyone but Doug cockle's voice in english and seeing him on screen with someone else's would be jarring.

I hope and pray that brendan is the main man

Alas, I know in my heart he is not

>Mainly because I can't picture geralt with anyone but Doug cockle's voice in english
Not even Kiefer Sutherland?

We already have a Witcher movie

youtube.com/watch?v=laq_d_MTLkM

youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo

>We want to make a movie that will be very Polish

What did they mean by this??

If they're focusing on developing the character of Geralt the budget doesn't concern me. At least in the first game, the vast majority of shit you run into is human-like, or at least anthropomorphic. I mean, the original Jurassic park had a budget of $63 million, I'm sure you could hit that level of effects for $30 million today, and JP holds up very well. The practical/CGI mix actually makes it look better than the new one.

Strange.

Post your dream casts

looks like shit

I hope that they would also adopt "A Grain of Truth " From the last wish. I love that short story.
witcher.wikia.com/wiki/A_Grain_of_Truth

Delet.

>"Ambition"
>The main role is played by Aidan Gillen
It's like these guys wanted memes to come true.

Was for

>We want to make a movie that will be very Polish

So you're aiming to make a movie that will be very Shit. Okay got it

I think they should made a TV series based on the short stories, and then three movies based on the Saga. First one covering the story of Blood of Elves & Times of Contempt (but without adventures of Ciri after teleporting via Tor Lara), second one telling Geralt's story up to Baptism of fire and Ciri's one up to entering Tor Zirael, and third one covering all the rest.

> (OP)
>Just 30 million?
>JUST
$
in Poland that's like 4bilion $

cgi looks weird but i hope the mummy will make something good with it

>mfw the witcher franchise will be absolutely cringe compared to the got-normie franchise

i don't want to be in that world sempai

Just use the same graphics from Witcher 3 but with a higher budget, same actors too. Would be the tits.

>Final battle of the movie
>Steel for Humans starts playing

>Steel for Humans
>Not Hunt or Be Hunted

I just hope they get the tone right

He's not a superhero, he's a capitalist

He shouldn't be running around trying to save mankind

Warsaw 44 had quite good visual effects and budget was only 8 millions
youtube.com/watch?v=2eMPlYYpT_I

>Warsaw 44
Shit edgy movie targeted to gimbaza tbqh.