These woods truly are haunted by The VVitch. A New England, this doth remind me

>These woods truly are haunted by The VVitch. A New England, this doth remind me.

This awkward line aside, what did you think of this film? Any other good films set in Puritan times?

I just finished watching it.

I really liked the visuals and the acting.
The ending didn't really pay off for me though.
I get he was going for the whole "family destroys itself" storyline, but the way it was delivered didn't really satisfy me.
Maybe it's because the witch was there to begin with. If some of the tragedy had been caused in a more ambiguous and less obviously supernatural manner I feel it might have built up more to their inevitable downfall.
Just my 2c though.

>reading into the film wrong this badly
Damn son , watch more movies
It was about how being born a woman back in the day was to be born a harbringer of sin.
She made her family manifest all 7 sins through no fault of her own.
>Mother felt wrath
>Brother felt lust
>Father felt avarice
I can go into more detail but it's not really needed when the movie its self is so easy to read.
Next time , pay attention!

I like:
- the setting
- the style
- the Olde English dialogue
- the idea of witches haunting Puritans

I disliked:
- basically everything else.

All in all it wasn't a good movie, 5 or 6/10. It could have been so much better but instead of actually being scary, it just went for a cool, good looking story without anything really interesting happening.

The father's death in particular felt super unsatisfying. Oh, he was gored by the goat, because I guess Black Phillip is the devil and the father is a good pure man. Welp. Cya later.

Why are you being such a dickhead about it as if that's the only valid interpretation and the only theme in the film? There's clearly more to it going on.
What does the father's pride and how his choices born out of pridefulness have anything to do with being a woman?

>how his choices born out of pridefulness led them astray

Awww cute! Lil babby embryo's first tears!
That is the only valid interpretation of the film you silly billy :3
Ever notice how the film is called 'The VVItch' and not 'The Wizard'?
That's your first clue lil' embryo!
Ever notice how all the pain and suffering is indirectly caused by the daughter?
That's your second clue lil' embryo!
Honestly the film isn't 2deep4u but I enjoyed it and for you to get upset because I literally had to spell out what the movie was about for you is a bit sad.
Learn from a patrician so that you may become one in time.
Honestly is this the first semi-decent movie you've seen or something?

>father is a good pure man

What the fuck is wrong with you people? You didn't even watch it.

He dragged his family from England against their wishes. His own ego lead him to rebel against the church. He sold his wife's silver cup and had his son lie about it. He didn't baptize his baby son. He hunted the rabbit.

Nah, fuck off. You just sound like an absolute faggot is what I'm saying.

I honestly can't wait to see you in 'when embryos attack'
Do I get free tickets to the show for making you upset?
Can't tell if those are your tears on the ground or if you stressing out had made your mum's water break prematurely

He may be a faggot, but you're the retard

Yes, I know all of that, pure was the wrong word. He was still a good man despite his sins. That's not at all the point of my post anyways - the point is that he died in an unsatisfying way and that the movie was a let-down.

You sound like you're trying to make it deeper by pointing out blatant details and parts of the plot. It was a block buster hit man, a super shallow movie lol. Stop trying to make it into the Criterion Collection, this was bang average.

His biggest sin was he didn't beat his cunt of a wife that was acting hysterical and demoralizing everyone.

How am I a retard. How is the father's pride not just as important to the story? Had he not been prideful they would probably never have left England where they were living comfortably. Had he not been prideful they would not have left the farm to begin with.

Basically user what happens right
Is that sometimes
Just sometimes
In movies right
They use a character to get the plot rolling
Also
Right
Get this
Sometimes
They do this thing called foreshadowing
Like I dunno
If you think
>Why was he a victim of prideful conceit in the first place
You could maybe use occam's razor
And think
Maybe it was because he loved his family , a family that came out of his wife's minge
You know
A woman
NOPE THAT CAN'T BE THE CASE HERE
OP YOU'RE FUCKING RIGHT THE ENTIRE MOVIE IS ABOUT THE DAD BEING A VICTIM OF PRIDE , SOMEONE EMAIL CRITERION RIGHT NOW
MASTERS OF CINEMA I HAVE A FUCKING SCOOP FOR YOU
SIGHT AND SOUND HELLO ARE YOU THERE
OSCARS! OSCARS PAY FUCKING ATTENTION

This is autism

kek

4/10
Some parts were really boring
Some parts were just... What the fuck is going on.
Some parts were actually kind of creepy and intriguing.

xDDDD

Autism

This is 'teh penguin of doom' levels of autism

OP why are you so mad that you got rekt and you're not as smart as you think you are

I said kek because I thought it was a genuinely funny post

Jesus fucking Christ this thread.
Just fucking kill yourselves.

I thought it was boring. I appreciated how they tried to be time accurate with everything, but overall, boring.

seriously consider suicide.

Best cinematography I've seen in years.

this fucking thread

Great movie, 7/10.

Great visuals, acting, dialogue, music.

Just a shame the ending didn't have much impact even though it was a pretty cool twist.

I expected more blood and horror.

5 cute facts about Anya Taylor-Joy:
1) She's a witch
2) She's cute
3) I love her
4) Thomasin!!!!

I enjoyed the movie, but their were a few things that I didn't get.

After the scene with the witch barn, suckling on the goat without Thomasin in sight even though she should've been in the barn as well, I started thinking that Thomasin was truly the witch without herself being awares.

We never seen the witch and Thomasin together in the same scene.

holy shit fucking kill yourself

what was meant by this?

yea I agree it was a 7/10. I think it could have been better if it focused more on the mother daughter relationship, like I think it should have been building up to her killing her mother. I came out of it the first time thinking it was all about the fathers hubris.
Also, why not throw in some more scenes with the twins. they were creepy and at the same time lightened the mood.

Its weird that it doesnt show thomasin during a majority of that scene but you do see a reaction shot from her at the end.

>you watched it wrong
do everyone a favor and shatter your fucking keyboard i hate people like you

Well there's The Crucible, obviously...