Mfw I get a EHX Mel9 for xmas

>mfw I get a EHX Mel9 for xmas
>mfw I use it on a recording and it changes my entire style and makes an amazing soundscape
>mfw it makes the first piece of music I'm legitimately proud of making

merry xmas Sup Forums :)))))

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/bxu4g4z2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want that pedal so bad, congrats user.
I hope you cover King Crimson

Definitely going to try one day now that you have mentioned this.

Sick pedal user, Sup Forumsrry Christmas

just get a keyboard you stupid pedalfag hipsters

shills gonna shill

What does this do? It sounds cool as shit.

it basically makes your guitar sound like a mellotron. the tracking is pretty great, sounds smooth. the attack/sustain settings allow you to tweak the sounds really to your liking, and if you combine with other pedals you get cool soundscapes.

Huh, sounds like a decent novelty pedal but idk if I will actually find a use for it...

i'm literally an 18 year old that wanted a random pedal for christmas and parents just happened to luck me out

nice memage though, pal

i thought the same but damn like ill post a clip now of the recording

(im not the best singer or lyricist im mostly just trying to learn production)

here: clyp.it/bxu4g4z2

trust me it is in no way the same. you can do trills and vibrato and it is just a whole different ballpark.

but go on, be elitist about your midi keyboard. like its a personal approach to use samples lol. sorry i like to play my instruments.

I haven't got one yet but I believe you can set it to "follow" your guitar, so you can basically have like a swell of strings or something trailing behind a lead to give more texture and depth. So even if you don't want the crazy novelty sounds (and I totally want the crazy novelty sounds) it has legitimate application in nearly any band.

Just watched the EHX official video, how did I guess that they'd do Strawberry Fields Forever for the flute demo?

Anyway, cool pedal OP, hope you get some good use out of it.

cool parents user

my parents got me boxer shorts

cool parents user

my parents got me a beating

>"just buy me a random guitar pedal"
>they straight up bought an EHX pedal for 240 dollars
You're a lucky motherfucker aren't you

they got a joyo flanger too. a budget pedal but i cant even complain i love joyo.

very lucky. my parents are very supportive of my music "habit" hahah

I like your singing. Will toledo/julian casablancas-esque

that is the best complement you could have given me. i am kinda babbling/slurring a lot because i was just singing this in the mic in front my my computer. i plan to record a better vocal take.

thanks a bunch b :')

Work a bit on your timing and keeping tempo and you will be good to go. You can make quality shoegaze with a pedal like this.

Ugh I want that fucker so bad

gAY MemE PEDaL

>no one talks about it
>it's a meme
Wrong

iTS a MemE U fAGGoT

xDDDDDd what a meme i r8 it 8/8 #brofist

>making pleb music
Everyone who ever played a Melotron ever probably plays it on the flute setting

>tfw band recorded in a studio with a Melotron
>tfw we weren't allowed to touch it

you got cuckd out of a melotron, you should feel bad

>Everyone who ever played a Melotron
imbailin you ever played one
>tfw band recorded in a studio with a Melotron, but we weren't allowed to touch it
oh...
I can understand that though, I wouldn't let anyone come near it if I had one.

It wouldn't have fit the band anyways
>oh...
Yeah stfu loser

yes these are all scratch tracks but i tend to mix the scratch tracks, then rerecord and then tweak the settings to match the new recordings. kinda a weird way to produce but it works for me.

these are less scratch tracks and a rough ass demo tho, i agree its really out of time. i just wanted to work how it would sound out sonically.