So this is the album of the year correct?

So this is the album of the year correct?

No, aoty needs to be 74 minutes minimum to qualify

Way too many double albums this year in contention

I thought you needed to be a black girl to qualify as aoty :^)

Correct.

no

Werent my tunes, PW was better, but I'd love to see more from deak alone regardless.

Some tracks have too much fake effects that don't go nicely with the amazing first acoustic song

>fake effects
what?

This is really cool, thanks user

pretty creamy

Yea sorry worded that terriblely. The ambient effects always sound out of place, other than the field recording on the first track.

I'm just trying to say his acoustic tracks are better than the more electronic ones

It's among the best of the year for certain

It's top 10, but not AOTY. And keep in mind, this might be the best year of the decade thus far. If this came out in a lesser year (2014, 2015), it could've been top 5.

it was really awful even for pop music

but user, good house is the best song on the album

Good House > Golden Chords > Footy > everything else

You're close.

this

>look at me im different
>see? SEE? it's the maggot brain album cover!
>get it?

you know it was field recordings from when he was in africa, right?

>being this triggered

kek

It's not pop. It's neo-psych/folk.

okay that's definitely a contender

Its actually a very well arranged and produced album and a very clear sign of Gambino maturing musically. It does the funk sound well while i corporating subtle elements of dance electronic and hip hop without coming across as disingenuine.

No, but Golden Chords is SOTY

Laughable. Blond was super fucking weak. Honestly Gambinos newest album has been slept on hard. Its good.

Blonde is fucking gorgeous and atmospheric and everything that Channel Orange should've been.

Blond was weak. Channel Orange was way better dude. Blond was extremely forgettable. Only had a few good songs.

incorrect

>blond
fucking kill yourself

Other way around, buddy.

Thinking Bout You, Sweet Life, Pyramids and Lost are all genuinely great, but the rest of that album consists of varying degrees are meh.

There's only 2 tracks on Blonde that i could do without: Skyline To and Futura Free. The rest of it ranges from good to best-of-the-decade quality.

You kill yourself you dumbass. Its literally spelled Blond on the cover. Blond is referring to males while blonde refers to females. Educate yourself nigger.

wow dude so forgettable. like wow. like actual fucking garbage. its shit. terrible album. so weak. bad songs.

You are way over rating Blond. Best of the decade? Hop off Franks cock.

>Its literally spelled Blond on the cover. Blond is referring to males while blonde refers to females.
Yeah, everyone knows that, fucktard. How does that justify referring to it as "Blond" when it is enumerated as "Blonde" everywhere but the cover.

as far as pop songs go, Pink + White is definitely in that tier.

I would make points about it but evem after listening for two weeks after it came out I STILL cant recall a thing from it. It wasnt that great and is severely overrated.

>just because it says Blond on the cover doesnt mean thats what its called

Kill yourself. You and everyone spelling it with the E are ignorant fucktards and flat out wrong.

How does it NOT justify that?

>getting this buttmad about spelling

nevermind, i'm dropping this convo, not interested in pissing off an autist on christmas day.

This. Channel Orange is great but it pales in comparison.

Tell that to Frank.

You're just trying to be a contrarian.

>Blond
E D G Y

Youre wrong and your logic about it being spelled Blond on the cover and mot mattering proces youre a mindless drone. "Everyone else spells it with the E so youre wrong you contrarian!"

>muh blonde
>muh bino
>muh dying indie act of the 00's

yeah let's keep discussing these overexposed records guys

I called it. I am contrarian because I spell it the way it is on the cover? Okay. I will be contrarian then.

>overexposed = not better than dying indie acts
wrong

Gambinos record is hardly discussed though.

thats a subset of pop you retard