New thread. name/values?

new thread. name/values?

Other urls found in this thread:

vidya.zsh.jp
pcgs.com/prices/priceguidedetail.aspx?c=38&title=flowing hair large cent
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

coinflation.com for the silver, couple bucks each or more for the indian head cents, google specific dates. the rest is basically 0 / face value

get in here

vidya.zsh.jp

I don't get this thread, what is it about?

Top left corner is a Mexican Peso, 18 MXN pesos are worth a dollar (give or take)

Alright. I'm mostly interested in 8, 9, and 12.
#9 is dated 1897

We found these in our dirt basement about a month ago, any idea what they are? the large one just has a date and an eagle on the back but no denomination, are these silver tokens?

One on the right is a 1794 Libert Cap Large cent. some are worth a few hundred. I'd check that out pcgs.com/prices/priceguidedetail.aspx?c=38&title=flowing hair large cent

but it's silver and doesn't say one cent either

is there a pic of the other side?

HOLY SHIT DUDE THOSE ARE WORTH OVER 2000$

dont get his hopes up lol. they could be fake. but they are very interesting.
get those checked out, man.
one on the left most likely is 1792 half dime (disme). looks unique but who knows what it's worth.
one on the right, i'm not sure. it's an early liberty head coin.

holy... I'll have them checked out once im in the city, im in my farmhouse right now, thank you guys

where/how exactly did you find these?

he stole them

You can get a few bucks for the 90% silver quarters

Not op but any ideas on these?

dirt basement here in delaware, it's a really old farm my dad purchased about 20 years ago, we vacation here

The silver is just gonna be spot, the foreigns probably nothing

Dont get your hopes up, seen 1000 fakes for every real one

that's cool user. get them appraised somewhere, may or may not be worth something.
this. lot's of fakes out there, even when you'd least expect it.

I got ottoman coins from around 1600

Used to work in a coin/currency store and we would see at least 4 in a week of that exact type same thing with the 20$ double eagles

Not surprising. even "ncgs approved" packaging has been faked before. those coins all probably come from the same person

Dont even get me started on fake slabs. It was weird cause a lot of times there would be real coins graded incorrectly in fake slabs, so we'd just crack them out and grade them correctly and sell them

Libo Dioscuri of Sparta, roman republic coin.
maybe $70 if it's real.

they both are real, just haven't priced them in a long time, I think 70 or there abouts sounds close. I have them attributed as:

left: Cn. Domitius Ahenobarbus AR Denarius. 128 BC.
Crawford 261/1

Obv: Head of Roma right in winged helmet, * below chin

Rev: ROMA above Victory driving biga right; below horses, man fighting lion; CN•DOM in exergue.

Right: Q.Marcius Libo, Denarius. 148 BC.
MARCIA 1, RSC 1

Obv: helmeted head of Roma right, LIBO behind, X before.

Rev: Dioscuri galloping right, Q MARC below horses. Roma in exergue.

Slightly unrelated, but I recently came across around ten thousand pesos (around a thousand usd) I can post pics if needed. I was wondering where I can trade them for american dollars? I know I can do it at a bank but a thousand is a lot of cash and I don't have a bank account nor do I wish to make one. Will they ask questions if I ask for cash? Or am I just out of luck if I want to cash in.

I also have a nuevos pesos but I'm not sure exactly how much those are worth. Online it sounds like one nuevos peso is worth a thousand normal pesos, but I'm not sure if this is right or if the currency is even still in circulation.

Are they in notes?

What about this? Apologies for potato quality.

if it's

All coins.

I was recently looking at some Marcus Aurelius Denarii they ranged from 75-200 usd not sure where yours falls

What country minted them, many countries use the "peso" as a currency

couple of Gordian III I have

I'd say this would be towards the lower end of the scale, the minting quality isn't that great. Thanks user!

Its pretty varied. I found them all in a bag on the side of the road. If I take it into a bank will they tell me how much its actually worth or if its even valid currency anymore?

Noice. Most of my collection is British coins and a few interesting random flea market finds.

A bank wouldnt mess with it, I'd take it to somewhere that does foreign exchange. Honestly its probably obsolete currency, it happens a lot in south american countries but it wouldnt hurt to look

Thanks! like the aurelius

Got this from someone doing a house clearance.

Cool, thanks user.

Nice! don't know much about British coins but have been thinking of expanding up from ancient Rome to medieval and renaissance era coins

just noticed.... funny how the imagery is similar to the one Gordian Obverse with Apollo seated holding a branch

I found the large majority of my collection in the bargain bucket sections on coin stalls at flea markets. You occasionally get some cool stuff like this. Up until we went metric, a lot of the old coins from commonwealth countries seem to follow the design principles from Roman currency.