Could use some help wrapping my head around this one: so the moons rotation in relation to earth basically allows us to...

could use some help wrapping my head around this one: so the moons rotation in relation to earth basically allows us to only see the same side always right?
If that's true wouldn't the side that's pointing us have much less craters than the other?

Other urls found in this thread:

sservi.nasa.gov/?question=3318
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_side_of_the_Moon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hmm,, in relation to space it rotates anyways.
so i think it would get hit the same from every side.

it does....

No, it would have *fewer* craters.

I suppose the rotation of the moon could be less perfect than imagined to where the dark side of the moon shifts in relation to us

Wrong. We see each side just at seprate times also their is tons of space debris everywhere and since the moon lacks a atmosphere the debris wont burn so their will be craters all over the moon regardless.

sservi.nasa.gov/?question=3318

Uh... no.

Thanks for keeping the poison to a minimum, appriciated

how would you know if one side has more craters than the other?

We have sent craft past it

prove it

hey dubs dont lie

Def true now, proven dubs with fubs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_side_of_the_Moon

compare

This one hits it all on the nail..

See, Sup Forums. It all started in the Summer of '99. We were all scrubs, Freddie Prince Jr was all that, VHS tapes had to be rewinded, we played snake on our cellphones, edgy teenagers actually killed people, and you had to give your video games a blow job before playing. At that time no one really knew what to suspect from the future. Y2K was a legit fear and wwf legend Jesse Ventura was elected Governor of Minnesota. And it was that year that NASA launched the Mars Polar Lander. After a successful flight the lander entered the mars atmosphere and was never heard from again. It was then we knew George Lucas was a hack and should have never been allowed to make another movie after the release of the Phantom Menace.

cool story

Wrong. The moon is tidally locked to the Earth, meaning that we only ever see one side of the moon. Humankind didn't find out what the other side looked like until the 20th century.