Do people hate the 950? Also general tech thread

Do people hate the 950? Also general tech thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/ZMp323/evga-video-card-02gp42966kr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, you're poor?

Yep. But I'd prefer to call it "on a budget".

Well what's your question? Asking if people hate something isn't productive.

Does it have good performance for the price? Sup Forums says it isn't worth at all. But I don't want my computer melting with a AMD card.

NVIDIA cards are usually 3-tiered, from the X60 to the X80, with X70 being mid-range. Going for a super budget card is usually never worth it. Just save up a bit longer so you can buy something that isn't "budget" ranged. Building a rig is not supposed to be optimal when "on a budget."

Thanks. I think I might just get one 950 and SLI later on.

This, I saved up for a little longer and went with the Asus 970 Strix over a 960. Havent regretted it, it's a great card for the price

depends when you buy the card and what you play. I'm still on 1080p so my gtx 660 lasted me up until this point. Just bought a 1060. But this user is correct, if you have the money buy the better stuff, but if you're like me and can't afford it at the moment buy what you can.

Planning to actually build something good when I finish school.

I'd recommend not going with SLI as support in games isn't great. You could go with like a Radeon r9 380 or Rx 480. Great budget cards and will be able to run any AAA game for the next little while.

My ages old rig with a 9800GTX that I now use as a server still performs as well on most current games as that card. Quit getting ripped off buddyboy.

PS, don't go for the low tier cards regardless of the generation. Wait a month and save hardcore and get the top of some recent generation (hopefully the latest or close), but otherwise you are getting ripped off with antiquated tech almost every time.

Here's my problem. The only reason I might get a 950 over a 960 or better is because I need more money for my 10 year old monitor. I have about 230 left and I have already bought the rest of my parts. If I get a 960 I won't be able to get a new monitor which is a big deal. I will moving a lot in the next couple months so I will need something light, and my 10 year monitor isn't going to help with that. Also another plus is the 950 is small enough to fix in MicroATX case, unlike the 960. I'm essentially in limbo.

You should have planned this out long before now and saw this coming. To everyone else reading this, if you're thinking of building a rig, don't be a scrub like this OP.

All I can recommend is sell some blood, semen, and scrounge as much free food as you can in order to save up for what you need.

Also check online (ebay, craigslist, etc.) for used monitors. Those aren't too hard to acquire compared to video cards.

You got me there.

>970
3.5/4

Not op, but i have the radeon 7700, works well for what i need, but i want something stronger, like, something that say " i clearly dont need this much power, but got it anyway"

So far it can run anything I throw at it on ultra 1080p 50-60 fps oc'd to 1500 mhz. But im also at 4.3 ghz core oc. I'll just go dual sli in the future esp with the lawsuit bringing prices down.

This 960 fits in micro cases (generally, obviously)

pcpartpicker.com/product/ZMp323/evga-video-card-02gp42966kr

As far as needing to replace a monitor, that is kind of on you as far as budgeting goes, but as someone who has designed and built budget and beyond PCs for myself and friends, your hardware comes WELL before your monitor. Your monitor gives you a bottleneck of what, resolution color and latency? You can have the most pristine zero latency monitor and still have skippy trash rendering if you skimp on your internal hardware especially GPU. Get a decent card, suck it up playing on a heavy 1280x1024 monitor for a few months then replace. The worst you'll have to do is take another trip to your car or something because your system isn't "super mobile"

Wat, all I play is league of legends and overwatch and 950 works fine.

FPBP

I guess you are right, this card is just about there right price with this monitor too. "m.ebay.com/itm/Acer-V-V233H-Ajbmd-23-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor-VGA-DVI-1920x1080-Great-Shape-/381729288550?hash=item58e0d6b166:g:oiMAAOSwvg9XcYKy&_trkparms=pageci%3A2d81f99e-5ed0-11e6-8760-74dbd1e03fcb%7Cparentrq%3A737566c81560a2a464ca7aa4fff516fd%7Ciid%3A5".

Thanks Sup Forums.

Anyone?

How much do you have for a card?
A 980ti would be good or a 1070/1060.