Why don't they just use the negative feedback to hype the movie up as a curiosity piece?

Why don't they just use the negative feedback to hype the movie up as a curiosity piece?

Hollywood is bankrupt of original thought.

worked for Lynch

Donald Trump is against this movie.
Therefore, if you're not a racist you have to watch it and love it.

Because Hollywood doesn't capitalize on negative feedback.

That'd be too risky, it's a reboot of a classic franchise so they're forced to hype it as "just like the original!"

Despite Fury Road making gangbusters (heh) by just advertising the movie on it's own merits.

critics are professional faggots.
if the fans are panning your shit, you fucked up somewhere.

>tfw Lynch will die soon, and no one in 100 years will replace him

Wasn't fury road a sequel?

Technically Mad Max is an anthology, so nothing is really related, but here's my point: it didn't have to rely on "REMEMBER THIS SHIT?! REMEMBER HOW WE HAD A GYROCOPTER AND A DEATH BOOMERANG AND ALL THAT?! WELL HERE IT IS AGAIN!!"

It worked well on it's own merits, and built an interesting world on it's own. All the callbacks in the movie were subtle and tasteful, like the closeup of the eyes for a brief second in Max's dream or the music box.

tfw he only made 3 good movies decades ago and he is already basicaly dead

He made a handful of good movies, and one of the most cult-followed TV shows of all time. Don't be contrarian.

Its like throwing one bucket of water on a monster forest fire.

The damage has been done and its continues to grow.

what makes it worse is how he makes clear all the good ideas he had for the film, really good ideas, and then proceeds to ruin everything with bad editing and cheap screenplay
anything after blue velvet is really bad

No one keeps up their winning streak. What's your point?

Then stop trying to hide it is a train wreck and embrace the curiosity to see such a train wreck.

They should just call it controversial and call it a career.
>The new, boundary-pushing, line stepping, raunchy Ghostbusters

Which involves giving the studio money, rewarding them for raping our childhood again and encouraging them to make more. No thanks user.

Go home user, youre drunk

I was goingnto see it when it came on dvd.

But ever since the SJW have embraced this as "their" movie and became venomous towards anyone who criticized it i will never see this movie and i know people who arendoing the same.

Too little too late.

Yes

Of all the movies they chose to champion, why this one?

Common sense and knowing when to pick a fight isn't their strong suit