Have you ever recommended an album to a friend that actually ended up liking your recommendation?

Have you ever recommended an album to a friend that actually ended up liking your recommendation?

i have no friends xd

Townes Van Zandt to a few people.
I showed a friend rym and he ended up using it almost as much as I do.

the sophtware slump is by far the best grandaddy album t b h

idk mang the new one might be even better

Townes Van Zandt to a few people.
I showed a friend rym and he ended up using it almost as much as I do.

>tfw my proghead godfather recced Dream Theater to me

Should I?

Never met anyone who genuinely didn't like this.

my pianist-friend said he likes bonobo so I casually asked if he had ever heard of picture related. I didn't expect he'd even bother to look it up, but the next day he sent a text stating he had been listening it on repeat for the whole day and how it was like nothing he had heard before. I was a bit baffled. initially I had found out about the album on Sup Forums

fuck off

no, which is just, because i almost never like anything that others recommend to me

>released 4 years ago

>mfw I recommended a band to a girl I really like
>was drunk at the time
>Go home
>Think to myself "I'll make one of those charts on how into the bad"
>MSpaint.jpeg
>10 minutes later I'm done
>Proper proud of my effort
>Send it to her on facebook
>realize what I've done
>Seen at 5 minutes ago
>Seen at 5 hours ago
>Seen at 5 days ago
>Hasn't responded
>Told me in person she thought it was "sweet"
>KillMe.png

Don't recommenced people music

seriously fuck you, if you're in the band and posting this that's just pathetic
no one wants to listen to your shitty album

Yes, because instead of forcing my taste on others and expecting them to like it, i try to pick something according to what i know of their taste already.
not the most "patrician" reccs but friends have enjoyed Portishead, Avalanches, Adult Jazz, Jon Hopkins, Boards of Canada as well as other stuff ive tended to put on.

a friend of mine is eager to get into "good" music (he used to mainly listen to like starfucker, glitch mob, odesza etc.), so pretty much everything i rec him (mainly UMO and CSH) he enjoys. he's bought like 4 vinyls of album's i've rec'd. not sure how to feel about it.

Lol I'm certain that's not the case..

my friend was a turbopleb whose favorite band was fall out boy

i recced him The Hotelier offhandedly, not thinking he was actually gonna give a shit, but now his favorite bands are City of Caterpillar and Black Eyes

nice ego boost desu

lol nerd

Got a synthwave loving turdball to appreciate metal by listening to this

Yes, my friend walked in on me studying in an empty classroom blasting MPP and said he liked it, I let him borrow the CD. Never gave it back, whatever, as long as he listens to it

I used to play the same death grips mix tape in my car and so I recommended exmilitary to some people and they liked it

Yes

bro likes big room, house, etc. so I rec'd him pic related. He now listens to Cross and Woman 24/7

post chart pls

yes?

rec'd Foxing to an ex-girlfriend, she really liked it.

Got one of my normie friends who practically only listened to The Beatles and The Killers to expand his tastes — he really enjoys math rock

and everyone loves Justice () and The Avalanches too.

Sorry man, that sucks...

don't send charts give mix cds instead

None of my friends like the music I like.

I got my dad into Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin and Autechre though, if that counts.

All the time; I recommended The Devil and God and American Football to a friend who's into emo, and he loved them. Now we send each other zips with albums fairly regularly.

Also almost everyone I know likes Death Grips and The Avalanches after I showed them, and now people occasionally ask me for "weird" music.

I recommended one of my normie female friends who only listens to pop and top40 shit Yes - Close To The Edge and she loved it. Then i recommended her itcock and foxtrot and she liked those as well.

Yes because I'm not shit at gauging my friend's taste in music because I actually know my friends unlike yourself.

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

have you fucking not you autist???

Having a bbq with a mate out at the bach and put on Spirit of Eden. He was obsessed with it straight away, and his album he wrote recently definitely takes cues from it. Other mate really dug Health's Death Magic and uses it to workout to.