Why is there so much hype around this shit game?

Why is there so much hype around this shit game?

It's just a repetitive, boring-as-fuck single player snorefest.

What the fuck do people find enjoyable in this steaming pile of garbage?

No clue, it's garbage. Procedural maps are just a cop out for lazy world design. Its just the devs way of not having to do the hard work making a map.

Star citizen on the other hand looks impressive

It looks like it'd good to play if you just want to relax. Also looks like it'd get boring, fast. I'd get it if it were on sale or something, but I don't want to pay fill price for it.

Bump.

Is there anyone who actually enjoys this piece of horse shit?

I watched jack frags first look yesterday and it seemed neat, but boring. Like something to play if there is nothing else to olay, but the game forces you to find resources to get to the cool stuff like flying arpuns and exploring. It basically traps you on a planet.

Everyone on YouTube considering all the shit I got for criticizing it on some comments earlier

I have no interest in the game, at all. But you fags are being fucking children about this game. From what I've seen, it's nothing special, but it's not garbage either.

Lmao fags I'm still gonna buy it even its shit just so you know

As someone who works with videogame devs it just bothers me that people think procedural map generation is some miracle of coding. I have a friend who programmed an engine for procedural generation in .lua in a day. Its nothing impressive.

>fucking children
>>>/REDDIT/
You know where you are right?

I'm autistic. I find the graphics and the exploration really fascinating. It reminds me of one of my favorite games Spore. Some people just don't like slow, calm games and that's totally fine. I just think it is nice to have a break from the fps genre.

Here is the target audience.
Repetition is soothing huh buddy?

I guess. But there are so many things to discover that it makes the repetition a little more tolerable. I'll get bored with it soon anyways.

Been busy and I only just started seeing this game.
What is this?

Is there really though?

Shut up Satan.

It's a space exploration game that is kinda over hyped. Theres a whole lotta shit to see and do but some people find it extremely boring.

>doesn't like a game without even playing it
>proceeds to make thread after thread about the hype

DAMN
Thanks for pointing that out.

Spore+minecraft

This thread is
a snorefest garbage

What's the whole point of this game? Besides exploring planets? Is there an objective? Endgame?

I don't really see the point in it besides drifting to one planet to the other, not even multiplayer.

Olay

Then don't buy it, nigger.
Obviously you're not the target audience, so GET OVER IT.

Shush on my phonr

The textures are so bad, it's unexcuseable to demand 60 bucks for this shit.

Thats stupid. The game uses some mega formula stolen from some Swedish scientists. If you really did work for games then you would probably have some respect for this game.

It may be repetitive but it's different and took a lot of work make. It's not assassin's Creed 8 or fucking halo 8. It's different and original.

Is a phonr what a guy phone gets when it's horny?

some people like exploring and flying around in space

its space minecraft pretty much

You're talking on console right? Did it just come out on ps4 only so far? To lazy to google.

don't buy it then, but stop complaining.
why don't you just shut up about something you're not enjoying? Did you put money in it, or your life's hopes? why the fuck are you so upset about a game you're not even playing?
>inb4 stop liking what i don't like

Exactly. Sounds good to me.

I'm asking what the point of the game is you dense fucker.

Go fuck yourself kiddo

Let me guess you think any CoD is the best game ever

Bought it yesterday. Boooooooring as fuck.
Graphics are shit.
I cut a rock tower in half. The top part floated....gravity much?
Walk an hour to learn a word....wow exciting

This game sucks shit. Will be returning for another.

people say this about a lot of games but i feel its especially applicable here

its not about the fucking graphics
its about the size and free reign
do you expect 4k HD graphics in a game that has 54 billion billion planets thats are on average 8 miles in diameter

>cares that much about textures.
>still uses a ps4.

>Implying Star Citizen will come out

I am disappointed because i was hyped for the game. Then i saw some streams and all my hype turned into disapppointment.

Fucking video game industry keeps letting me down. Or i have too high expectations.

Next stop; Star Citizen.

For what? COD? Fucking normal fag

The planets aren't generated before you "discover" them you fucking halfwit. The game only renders things in your FOV. for ducks sake fallout keeps more world items spawned in than this game. It looks like shit because of lazy devs.

Not him but the problem is people paying devs for this type of work. Even if it has a target audience they hyped it to shit, and everyone will buy it. This reinforces that this type of game should be made.

Normiewatch

thats what games fucking to

Can I be real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..."

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

Star citizen looks good, but i doubt it will ever come out. And when it does it will just be a vehicle for p2w

Honestly dont like the cods either. Ill prolly grab dark souls 3 or whatever else catches my eye while im there.

This kind of stuff does happen, but I think in this case the people hyped it up way more than the company did. In all the interviews some guy asks them a question and there answers were always,"well not exactly."

have you tried building a fleet yet?
or exploring and taking in the scenery?

I know this is a copypasta but it makes me angry because they owe me $60 worth of game and all they're giving me a steaming pile of $20 shit

I wouldn't say they're lazy. They were too proud to hire more devs even though Sony upped the budget.
They are all amateurs and were too ambitous.
Only 15 fucking people worked on it. It's basically an Early Access title for 60 bucks.

I think it's a neat idea, and I'll probably pick it up once it hits the Steam bargain bin

what's the point of your post?
>i don't recognize the point in this game, waaaaaa! if i don't like it, noone should like it! waaaaaaaa!
cry more, little bitch

I'm enjoying it, but I've also only played a couple hours. Just gained the ability to craft anti-matter.

Now apply your same logic to a car or any other consumer product that one gets hyped about and could purchase.
>they made you a car
>sure it doesnt have all the features you were hyped to believe, but they made it quit being children
>inb4 apples and oranges

Ive
Explored
Learned some words
Meet some aliens
Cataloged the wildlife and plants
Got my ship up and running
Discovered bunch of monoliths

Thats about it. Its just bot for me.

They should have been more vocal

>When I get to kill something
>tfw game play not spoon-fed
>This is hard work
>tfw can't scream like a chimp at other player

Couple things.First off the entire planet is not loaded in 100% fleshed out so don't use that bullshit. Second for $60 the gameplay i'v watch it seems like some of the art style is great but I look at other stuff around the map that seems half assed. Last 4K HD? Calm the fuck down i'd at least expect 1080p 30fps constant without frame drops. Let you're hair down mate.

>on reddit
FTFY

Your game is shit

You gotta give them credit. 90% of the time they worked on the procedural algorythms. It's not like they slapped on a quick randomizer and called it a day. I believe it will be better than most procedural worlds.
Still looks too repetitive and kinda boring though. Overhyped game.

The game is neither different, nor original. IF you actually thought for a couple of seconds you would be able to trace back every single element to something else. You can like it or whatever, but dont try to say it is original, because it certainly isnt. Im not the guy you responded to btw, and i think the game is pretty cool for what it does.

agreeeeeed

Procedural generation is not some fucking super advanced arcane magic you dumb nignog. And it's not fucking new. Its been done many times before, and better.

This is minecraft with 1/20th the gameplay. It's lazy, and not worth full price. That's the issue.

Why are you so upset about it? People like what they like. I also liked The Force Awakens, and I like Pokemon Go. Fuck you, OP.

Procedural map generation is pretty amazing if done well, as large scale hand made maps are basically never good, especially multiple. I'd be hard pressed to think of any that manage that.

I agree with you completely they seemed like they care about the audience which is a big thing to me nowadays so even though it isn't my kind of game to sink a few hundred hours into but i'll pick it up on sale to thank them for it. Simple as that.

Actually was on Reddit earlier, they hate NMS, or at least r/pcmasterrace does

What's your favorite game, op? Seriously. What is it? I bet I could come up with five reasons it's a steaming pile of shit. Try me. How about this, kiddo. Pretend for a moment, just like two minutes, that no one who isn't your fucking mommy, gives a shit whether you think a game they like sucks. How about that? Maybe your opinion doesn't define what other people like. I'm a huge destiny fan. I play that shit every night. I'm at max light. And I have every exotic but the universal remote. Do I care if you don't find that impressive? No. I do not. So fuck off with this cancerous shit and enjoy a nice pair of tits.

>went to r/pcmasterrace

there's your problem

You're going to need a goddamn NASA Supercomputer to run that fucking thing. 10 people will be able to enjoy it.

Looks like im saving up nigga

There's something unnatural and disturbing about Asians with big titties

Copy pasta or cringe? Devs don't make games out of the kindness of their hearts - it's a business. They are selling you something. Also, underageb8.

Companies do not care about you. Stop being dumb. Companies care about money, Creators care about recognition, but it isnt about making you happy, it's about you liking it and then praising their ability. Nobody along that line gives a shit about you.

>available august 12
>today is 10th
>people say its shit before its even out
>ishiggydiggy

>as op plays this

Isn't this just an expensive Grav?

That is stupid. Are you talking about flying in a ship, or collecting things, or upgrading you equipment? Those are game types and essentials you douche. A procedural generated world using a very very advanced algorithm that can retrieve itself without being stored is different you ass.

Go back to your containment board with the 50 billion other threads about this one game.

I gave a shit about me along the line....

This one is different. It is super advanced. Just do a basic google search you entitled shit.

I agree on everyone being retarded, but there is plenty of prelaunch shit being shown on twitch/youtube. game doesnt look worth 60 to me. But everyone losing their cums about this are faggots.

Ps4 early release

>implying ps4 is comparable to pc

>without being stored

>still thinking it doesnt come out until aug 13

I'm waiting for mass effect Andromeda to come out.

They're independent developers. Not owned by Sony or produced, sony just made a deal to do all their marketing...

What. Guy nothing about the game has been original. Just because it procedurally generates differently than other things doesnt make the game, which as a whole is just a bunch of mechanics that other games also have, is original. I never said that their procedural generation wasn't good, and in fact praised procedural generation earlier in the thread. However saying the game is original because it has a mechanic that a fucking million other games use, only it generates those differently, is actually retarded.

i pre ordered it, the exploring stuff seems chill as shit.
right up my alley. and if it turns out to be shit i'll get a refund. no problem

>upgrading your equipment is a game type
>collecting things is a game type
what are mechanics bro.

Do you find repetition to be soothing buddy?

I hope that's good i'm pretty excited but won't hold my breath.

>PC gamer thinking console gamers care enough to even draw a comparison between the two
Where did what you replied to was such a comparison made? Just curious.

I didn't pre-order, But from what i've seen of the game it doesnt look like it's the exploration simulator i was hoping for. Far more survival than i wanted. I was looking to be some faggot explorer surveying the land and finding sweet animals. Looks more like a barren planet survival sim.

I can see 3d modelers being sore at the game kinda puts em out of a job. If your here badmouthing a game you haven't played yet, fuck you and fuck your whore mother for having you.

This is why i will crack this topshit game and delete it after 4 days

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either. But I really want it