Cheer up b/

Cheer up b/.
It can only get better.
I love you.

Thank you, needed that.

I'll just leave this here.

Perfect timing Sup Forumsro. Gf is feeling suicidal again today and I was feeling a little helpless. Thanks a ton

Also feels thread.

Everyday user.
When you are feeling a bit down.
Think about this time when a stranger told you that loves you.

Every little thing can help man. And I just needed that feel to do my best for her.

Girlfriend actually have a reason to want an hero or just the serotonin deficient type?

Do what you have to do.
But dont forget to make time for you.

Serotonin deficiency, but she's also been through a lot with drugs and abusive relationships.

Ah, the self destructive type. Well, there goes my sympathy. You're a kinder (or possibly just hornier) man than I, user.

We've never done anything sexual, and although I do find her very attractive it's not my first priority. I fell for her kindness, her smile, her humor, and the warmth I feel when we talk. She's absolutely amazing and I don't want to lose me man.

I meant her, fuck

Good luck with that, but don't be surprised if you end up more biter and angry than anything else. The type of girl who ends up in a lot of bad relationships and abuses drugs usually can't be saved, because you can't save someone who doesn't want to save themselves. Don't let yourself get burned out trying to help someone who is their own worst enemy.

I at least have to try, you know?

True, but remember to not leave yourself behind. If you can balance yourself and her, then I say go for it.

I will. Thanks user, and OP too. Does my heart some good to see even Sup Forumstards can be kinda nice sometimes

Not really. When I was younger I had a lot of the same issues as your girl, but through discipline and a lot of self hatred I created myself out of it. Afterwards I got involved in a group that helps out people like my past self, or your girlfriend, young people in abusive relationship, people with drug problems, or with anger problems, that kind of thing. You pretty quickly learn how to tell who will and will not be able to actually be helped. Patterns can be broken, yes, but if a person isn't already showing a certain amount of initiative on their own, a sincere drive and will to change their situation, 95% of the time they'd end up slipping backwards and staying there.

You don't owe her anything, and you shouldn't let yourself get hurt trying to help her.

That said, it's your life, your choice, and your goal. It's noble, I suppose, if a bit naïve. Just don't let her pull you down with her when she slips. You see that so often when people base a relationship in that kind of relationship; one person will try to save the other and they just end up getting dragged down as the person they love pulls them into bad habits.

*Dragged myself out of it

I see your point, and honestly if she didn't show signs of trying I wouldn't bother. She started to detox and take meds for her slight addiction to opiates. So I'm pretty sure her self deprecating behaviour is due to withdrawal. So I'm hoping that after this withdrawal period she'll be back to her usual bubbly happy self

Good luck man, I hope you're right.

Last tip for you, based on experience and a lot of observation of people like you two: if she ends up falling for some bad boy and slipping back, DO NOT take her back. In all the years I worked with people like her, I never even once saw thing end well for the "nice guy" who takes her back. It actually enables them if you do that, because theyll spend a while on a downward spiral, then, you being such a nice guy, take her back, she gets some confidence and some health back, and she tells herself that she's better now, she can handle a little party every now and then. For her sake and yours, DO NOT BE THE NICE GUY if she betrays your trust.

So many well meaning guys make that mistake and end up helping a girl OD because theyre enabling her, then they end up bitter and angry at themselves because they think they should have been able to save her. You can support her, but don't enable her.

OH I've been there before user, and it lead to this self hatred that's stick with me. If she does, then while it'll hurt I'll just let her go. As much as I want to help, I don't want to be a doormat. I just have to support her and hope for the best no?

Play it smart and you end up with a girlfriend who loves you as much as she loves herself. Play it stupid, and statistically speaking the only thing more likely than both of you an hero'ing is you ODing.

Good luck, have FUN!*

Thanks meme jesus, hope I can count on your divine dankness to get me through this