Stanley Kubrick Thread

Stanley Kubrick Thread.

Lets have nice discussion about Stanley Kubrick, his films, unfinished projects, trivia, theories, symbolism,ect.

My theory is that 2001 along with a clockwork orange, the shining, full metal jacket and eyes wide shut takes place in the same universe: Kubrickverse. Maybe that Dr Strangelove also take place in the Kubrickverse.

Stanley Kubrick was a ___

Good friend.

...Anonymous
05/23/16(Mon)01:17:35 No.685680711
The shining is a prequel/sequel to 2001: a space odyssey and a clockwork orange.

Was watching the Last Days of Disco commentary and the brilliant writer/director Whit Stillman said multiple people told him Kubrick was a huge fan of his and was obsessed with Barcelona, telling everyone about it on Eyes Wide Shut set. His praise was about the dialogue moving the story forward. As a fan of both directors I thought that was interesting.

Strangelove was shit because it was in black and white

2001 was too slow and boring as shit and predictable

Everything else he's made sounds like it was recorded on a terrible sound stage that makes youtubers look good

hackfraud who ripped off solaris

Thank you for this post and fact.

what did he mean... o well...

Who /eyes wide shut/ and /barry lyndon/ here?

Bitch fuck solaris.
2001: a space odyssey is 68 times better than solaris garbage.

His best work was definitely the moon landing in '69.

People pretend to enjoy Solaris on Sup Forums but it truly is as much of a slogfest as 2001 is

If Kubrick really directed that would it have looked so fake?

W hy do people care about kubrick

his stuff is mediocre that is only liked because it was made before modern camera equipment and modern film theory

What about his Napoleon movie that never saw the light? Is it going to be done by Cary Fukunaga as a miniseries?

How about this:

Shut your fucking mouth, dumd pleb and never talk to me again.

This is the most incoherent complaint about Kubrick I've ever seen, try harder

>his stuff is mediocre that is only liked because it was made before modern camera equipment and modern film theory

don't you mean hitchcock?

Yes, i think it would be 6 hours
on HBO.

At least put some effort in your shitpost

the idea is that people subconsciously pick up on these things and it makes them uncomfortable

similarly, the kids tricycle ride is not circular but takes him back to the start, the family go to the basement and find an office with windows to the outside, doors open and close mid-scene, etc.

its all to create unease and a sp00ky atmosphere

At the risk of anyone taking this post seriously, Solaris was released several years after 2001

>MOM HE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION WHAT DO I SAY????

You could've said he ripped off Road to the Stars and Ikarie XB-1, but all you showed is that you're both retarded and a pleb.

Now this is some low quality bait.

>2Yni481.jpg

>grasping for straws: the musical
>starring you, user

Everyone on Sup Forums

>redditor gets mad at being found out
fred.jpg

>heheh let me call him a redditor because he literally just saved a file without naming it

is there bleach in your house? if so, you know what to do

>is there bleach in your house? if so, you know what to do
Didn't you just post this , Mr. Reddit?

>heheh ooh i turned the joke picture he posted against him, that'll show him, how's he gonna come back from this one????

please turn your computer off, friend, it's for the greater good

What did he mean by this?