So this has been my favorite album for about a decade now

So this has been my favorite album for about a decade now.
I'm not looking to say "oh whoa guys it's the best album ever!!" but it is my favorite and I know there are other fans of it here.
As time has gone on, I've felt that the best tracks are Limousine, Jesus (popular doesn't mean bad), and... Handcuffs.
The song has grown on me a lot over time.
It feels so defeated and broken, it fits the album better than almost any other on the album it feels sometimes.

Like the whole "fantastic way to kill some time" in regards to driving himself off a bridge full speed.
I think this song is really underrated, what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p4GK-PNsKjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The leaked 2006 demos surpass this album, sadly Missing You and Battalions never saw the light of day.

I don't feel that. I really liked those demos for a long time, but they don't have the same staying power, and I see why Jesse wasn't content with them. They're REALLY good though, but I wouldn't say they surpass at all. especially in that they don't feel tied together.
Battalions was more than likely reworked into The Archers Bows Have Broken. Completely different lyrics of course.

Missing You did get reworked so it kind of saw light of day
youtube.com/watch?v=p4GK-PNsKjg
I felt Cleanser/Nobody Moves, (Fork and Knife) and Coca Cola were the best demos though (I guess coca cola wasn't officially one of them though.)

I prefer Battalions to Archers really but that could be an exposure thing, I prefer the 06 lyrics to Sowing Season (Leo loved his wife//Loved her and was faithful to her always//Buried Both the kids//In the summer sun). Coca Cola is much better than Brothers I kinda wish they would perform it instead of the new arrangement (especially the repeated really, really grates on me).

As For TD&G I think Handcuffs is fantastic, I think it just gets shit on often because Brand New's fanbase isn't the best, personally, You Won't Know has to be the top spot because its so fantastic live, with Welcome to Bangkok hot on its heels
As an aside, I feel that if people hadn't reacted so badly to Daisy the new album would have been out years ago, makes me sad because I really liked Daisy and now they barely play it live.

It's one of my favorite albums as well, and I agree with you. The hate on Handcuffs is really undeserved; it's probably my favorite track on the album next to Limousine and Degausser.

Yeah.. Daisy had some of their best work. As a band I know they probably felt the most catharsis in writing and playing Bought a Bride, Gasoline, and You Stole. It makes me upset too that their fans didn't react well to it because it felt like the logical step for them to me, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like it. It was a lot more raw and screamy because that was where they were headed. Maybe people just didn't like all of Accardi's writing on it. I liked it all, the only song that's still digesting is In a Jar, but I think if I knew the actual lyrics to a lot of it it would probably get easier.

You Won't Know has always been an absolute favorite too. It's one of the only songs I see Jesse gets crazy into, I agree with you on just about everything there, especially sowing season, it felt much more somber and closer to how they probably intended it.
I would miss the ending on the studio though (Do You Miss The Blend... I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND)

Well. Here's hoping their new album doesn't get delayed any further.
Glad to find a likeminded fan here.
Glad you like Handcuffs and I'm not alone there.
As I've sunk more and more into shitty feelings it's been the most therapeutic

this is Sup Forums stop having actual discussion

I remember buying this on cd at Best Buy. I went out to my car and put the disc in and went for a drive. I remember thinking then that it was one of the best albums I had ever heard. This still holds true. Saw them live a few months later and it was magical.

an extremely rare sighting

Yeah, Daisy is great, I think Gasoline/Sink were the first things I hooked onto from it cause, and if you look at how they play the live shows it's loud and noisy and I feel as though Daisy was them pushing the studio stuff in that direction, which makes it even more of a shame more of it doesn't get played live because the songs they do play sound fantastic.

I really like In A Jar, never knew the lyrics so always had them in my head as incomprehensible babble and it never bothered me too much.
Yeah sowing season instrumentation as on the album with the lyrics from 06 would be my favourite mix of the two, I think it might have changed so much just because of the leak which is a bit of a shame. Conversely I guess some of the better songs might have been sacked in favour of some of the less strong demos, I have a strong feeling that Nobody Moves was legitimately meant to be the centrepiece of the new album and it was entirely an accident it ended up on the first run of cassettes and up for download for the first day or so, which has caused (some of) the delay.
That or they aren't too pleased with I am A Nightmare, what did you make or it and Sealed To Me?

This is slightly garbled

•cause of the drums
* what did you make of I am a Nightmare and Sealed to me

Fun fact for OP, handcuffs is one of few songs credited to vin (the guitarist), and iirc the only brand new song where he provided the lyrics instead of Jesse, which is why they have that kinda off kilter darkness imo

He's also lead vocals on Out Of Range, which is a pretty cool song

I saw this thread earlier and kind of cringed actually. I actually like Brand New more than the average person, but OP is fucking obsessed.

How you figure, in interest of fairness these ones are me (not OP)

So this has been my favorite album for about a decade now.
I'm not looking to say "oh whoa guys it's the best album ever!!" but it is my favorite and I know there are other fans of it here.
As time has gone on, I've felt that the best tracks are My Way, Trap Queen (popular doesn't mean bad), and... 679.
The song has grown on me a lot over time.
It feels so defeated and broken, it fits the album better than almost any other on the album it feels sometimes.

Like the whole "fantastic way to kill some time" in regards to driving himself off a bridge full speed.
I think this song is really underrated, what do you think?

i think maybe i need some help getting this album. i was a fan of stuff like the cranberries, siouxsie, etc. as a teenager but then i listen to this and the instrumentation and vocal melodies strike me as more obnoxious than anything, and the lyricism... it is crazy good. but it doesnt' feel like its delivered very well.

which one has YOU ARE NOT THE SUUUUUN cause i fucking love this record. i bought it for like 50 bucks but i haven't looked back, I listen to it at least weekly

Listen to some live stuff, it might just not be your jam though

fuck you OP

the only brand new song I really like is Vices. What a great song.

Am I the only one that sorta likes Your Favorite Weapon? It's really fun in an angsty teen kinda way, a lot of the hooks are really good too

Its very good but still inferior.

>88235
>

TDaG > Daisy > Deja Entendu > Your Favorite Weapon

I love every Brand New album except Daisy were I only love like half of the songs

also i dont know why my posted quoted someone else's posted and half of a post number

good website hirospooky

i like this album, and also like deja entendu

>tfw saw them play through all of deja live

This album is the one a really pretty girl was listening to when I used it to start a conversation about music

2 years later and we're engaged

YEAH

kill me

>tfw jelly but happy for u

congrats bro

really happy for you dude

Deja > TD&G > 2006 Demos > YFW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daisy

Don't listen to Brand New but man they kicked ass in Miami when I saw them this year.

I love Your Favorite Weapon, but that's because I have a soft spot for angsty early 2000's emo-tinged pop punk (Taking Back Sunday, The Get Up Kids, Saves The Day, etc.)

i agree

Same. They used to not give a fuck live. I saw them headline a festival and they came out and only played devil and God songs. This is after the crowd had just lost their shit for all American rejects. They had no Stage show or set up. Just white lights. Not even a background. Now they have embraced live shows and habe videos playing and shit behind them. I've lost count of how many times I've seen them live and I'll never bore of it. I'm heartbroken they are breaking up but they are doing it in the most fucking Brand New way possible.

Never vist Sup Forums but I'm glad I did. Brand New are the fucking best

Not The Sun

what is it? they don't bother putting the title on covers anymore?

I saw them headline a festival in 2014 and they came on, played a decent setlist and left. No words to the crowd, he barely even looked at us.

I've always felt sour about that. Like Jesse is a ridiculously talented guy, but man he really comes across as a proper asshole. And there was that whole thing about him talking to underage girls online which was just another thing to add to that feeling he gives off.

I honestly wouldn't be too bothered about seeing them live again, despite them being one of my most listened to artists of all time.

Why is someone being obsessed about an album a bad thing, you expect people to be enthusiastic about an album on a music board. What do you expect.

who gives a shit you're there for the music and while i can see the merit in some good stage bantz go see a stand up comedian if you want some dude to talk to you.

Is this Anthony?

Everyone in this thread should check out Varuna by The Republic of Wolves. It's literally TDAG 2.0 (though not as good).

One of my favourites too, I love Handcuffs but my favourite tracks have to be Luca, Degausser and maybe Welcome to Bangkok just because all 3 have a kind of claustrophobic feel that they're trying to pull away from

limousine is best song. You Won't Know is great aswell

Scratch that, listen to anything by mewithoutYou, it's like Brand New with even more intelligent / dense lyrics.

The problem is that TD&G was released after the fact, the leaked demos forever tainted the legacy because there was cast a forever lingering shadow that the album will never truly be complete. Most of it feels as if it was thrown together for the sake of being "new" because the demos they were working on were exposed prematurely. Even Jesse himself said those songs were blueprints, and that nobody wants to have their work seen before it is finished. You may no prefer the demos over the album but they will forever be more earnest.

which albums by them??

I love Luca and You Won't Know, but otherwise I'm more of a Deja man.

Daisy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

I love the album, since the first time i listened
Jesus and Limousine gave me chills so many times...

Helped me to cope with some hard times, not suicidal, but pretty depressed

it's not that similar in my opinion but their most similar works are probably "Catch For Us The Foxes" followed by "A-B Life"

I think the BEST mewithoutyou album is Brother Sister, but it has a different vibe. If you like La Dispute you would probably like Mewithoutyou.

Top tracks: In A Sweater Poorly Knit, A Glass Can Only Spill What It Contains, Dryness and the Rain, Shadow am I

I haven't listened to Catch For Us recently enough to recommend an individual track

50 replies and almost stayed alive for 24 hours impressive

its hard to narrow my favorite down to one song, but probably you wont know or limousine. archers and handcuffs and jesus christ are easily the worst tracks.

>I'm not looking to say "oh whoa guys it's the best album ever!!"
>it is my favorite
these should be the same you fucking pleb

Is this considered shoegaze or noiserock?

>Varuna by The Republic of Wolves
care to share a link, can't find it anywhere for download