What exactly is, "kino"?

What exactly is, "kino"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_with_a_Movie_Camera
youtube.com/watch?v=K69_m4gtZDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A particular blend of CGI and live action, that makes it appear the Human actors are interacting with Orcs.
This is the only true definition of Kino.

I was wondering the same thing, people on /r/movies didn't seem to know either.

In German it means theater

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_with_a_Movie_Camera

"The film Man with a Movie Camera represents

AN EXPERIMENTATION IN THE CINEMATIC COMMUNICATION
Of visual phenomena
WITHOUT THE USE OF INTERTITLES
(a film without intertitles)
WITHOUT THE HELP OF A SCENARIO
(a film without a scenario)
WITHOUT THE HELP OF THEATRE
(a film without actors, without sets, etc.)

This new experimentation work by Kino-Eye is directed towards the creation of an authentically international absolute language of cinema – ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY – on the basis of its complete separation from the language of theatre and literature."
This manifesto echoes an earlier one that Vertov wrote in 1922, in which he disavowed popular films he felt were indebted to literature and theater.[6]

tl;dr: to qualify as kino, something must be documentary style and not include stars, plots, props and studio shooting.

the inshtrument of your liberation

mmmmmmmmm shampoo ginger

squeeze that ginger OP

A film so disappointingly terrible that you have to make impressive mental gymnastics in order to like it and perceive it as a masterpiece

>must be documentary style
This is never implied

Viktor Tsoi

youtube.com/watch?v=K69_m4gtZDk

cunny posting is dead. bury it. consider this mercy.

does this answer your question?

This is such bullshit. Please tell me it's not real.

Film is a medium and by extension a term for a motion picture. "Cinema" is just a fancy French word for "moving picture." "Photoplay" is an obsolete English phrase meaning the same thing. "Flick" and "movie" are colloquialisms also with the same meaning (although "flick" can indicate lower production values). "Cinerama" is a process. "Feature" is a length category (opposed to "short" or more properly "short subject").

>Please tell me it's not real.
u got tricked :D :D :D

A stupid reddit forced term

Laugh all you want, but these days, there's enough fucking autists out there who would draw up a chart exactly like this in all seriousness that I can never tell anymore and find it better to ask.

I agree, but who cares about what i think.

Anyone have that iceberg chart where it starts with ordinary marvel capeflick directors but then just delves into these obscure russian no names doing hipster celluloid shit as it goes deeper

Death grips in cinematic form

Kinda like Sup Forums's "evidence"

Basically, when you act like a retard you attract retards. Then there are so many retards that retardation is mandatory and imposed on everyone.

Exactly what you posted , my dear good friend.

You had kino inside you all along.

>Examples: Pacific Rim (2013)

you couldn't even get the same font for your little subtle shoop could you