Just got this 2001 mustang V8 GT convertible, what should i do to it, background:ima poor fag

just got this 2001 mustang V8 GT convertible, what should i do to it, background:ima poor fag

A cool burnout when you leave the mustang meet.

sell it and buy a real car

it only cost me 2700$ so why would

i mean machanicallyXD

Fellow rag top man.

Don't do anything. Just drive it and enjoy.

Mine 99 M3

fox body +fuel efficient engine designed in mid 90's.

> trade it in for a 2003 corolla. save for a better pony car

i wanna make it sound different, i was thinking a magnaflow xpipe exhaust

i was also thinking a cool air intake with a k&m filter but that would be too many filters

too many Horses*********

I did add a dinan cold air intake to my M3. I have not done an exhaust because the stock exhaust flows very well.

Think twice before doing an exhaust as with a convertible it will sound much louder to you then in a hard top. After a time it may get old to you

>2003 corolla
im younger so ill be keeping this for a while

no idea why, but i love E36 modell

specially if you have some extra money to pay for pro tuning

Also don't get a "warm air intake" if you are going to get one get a real one. Do your homework. Some kits are in face worse then stock.

what would you reccomend, do you have any experience, ones to avoid?

I remember my first race was against a gray mustang v8.

I beat it wit my overheating datsun 280zx turbo v6
mfw pic related

I say drive it slow and savor it. Don't run it through its paces and have it crap out on you. Use it to get a nicer car that wont be beaten by a rickety old overheating sack of sit 30 years old rust bucket.

Thanks. I think they are the best looking 3 serise. Just the right size. And can make lots of power but also handle great

im not looking for speed, im just looking for something that looks and sounds cool, im not a speeder and i dont wanna buy tired everymonth

Why dump money into something that is going to break soon? how many miles op? Previous owner probably beat it (regardless of what you were told)

be smart and save money as if you're paying a car payment and get something nice when it dies.

but if you really want to upgrade it and have it go fast start with REAL cold air intake, headers, and exhaust. then go suspension wheels/tires and brakes. then one your all done with that consider supercharger/turbo with camshaft and pistons.

Don't do burn outs and crash into cars

Look for a kit that gets its air from outside the car. Just sticking a k&n under the hood can be worse because it pulls in hot air. I can't say who to buy from because I am not a Mustang guy. And the people who make my parts don't make stuff for us cars.

it wasnt beaten, i was garage kept, its a 2001 in great condition and 113.000 miles its in great shape, it got traded in because the top wasnt working

if your not looking for speed and you want looks/sounds cool I would recommend a cheap duraflex body kit and get it done with local craigslist guy instead of shop. THEN go headers, exhaust, and mufflers. then to top it all off suspension wheels shifter :) enjoy your new car bro

kek, did the salesmen tell you that? Expect things to break in 20k miles.

start out with after market upper and lower control arms. then do bolt ons and get a handheld tuner with data logging. then put 4.10 gears in the back and get some 15x3.5 wheels in the front and 15x10 wheels in the back with 26 inch radials. then spend 6500 on an after market short block and top end kit from trick flow. then spray 100-150 shot of nitrous and run 11s at the track

its a dealers auction, no seller

Get a cold air kit that pulls from inside the wheel well versus from under the hood. An exhaust system helps (I like Bassani myself). A computer tuner is a big plus... custom tunes are available for extra ca$h. Plenum, throttle body upgrades work well with a tuner as well. Headers are a nice upgrade but make the car louder than you may like. You can spend a lot of money on that car.... start small, work up.

ever heard of mainheim?

i got it tuned already:)

Can kind of see my cold air intake. It pulls in its air from behind the bumper.

yeah i literally get less than 100$ a month, so i cant do high level shit haha

i know i didn't get scammed because there is no selling pointXD you never meet the seller

As for the top, there things can be wrong....
1) running low on fluid, it may be leaking but a refill will get it working short term
2) pump motor - easy to replace
3) most probable are leaky rams (hydraulic cylinders). Easy to replace, about 250 to buy new ones....

SELL THAT PIECE OF SHITTTT. I know this faggot with the same mustang thing is a piece of shit something is always broken on it biggest pain in the ass and you will look like an absolute fag driving one of those unless you live outside of the US

Then just get it really clean. Inside and out. Wax it, armor all everything and drive. That can go a long way to making it look cool.

Drive it as is and enjoy

oh i know it was a faulty switch

any car is fine if you take care of it and dont rev it like a crazy person

in highschool my bestfriends older brother had the same mustang. he put magnaflow on it and i basically came everytime he started the motor

oh yeah im keeping it clean asf, its a perfect vibrant red

EXACTLY it sounds cool

Another thing that is hard to find is good weather stripping to seal the top to the window glass.... expensive when you do.... ignore the mustang hater fags... you can trick it out pretty nice without dropping a ton. 2700 is a good buy in on it

oh yeah thats good too, tested today, even thought the window accidentally fell outside the top it still didnt leak, so its all good

Make SURE you lower the windows before you drop the top or it will tear the weatherstripping...

Well then with your current budget I would say do nothing to it becaue to do anything right it will cost more then you have and if you do it cheap you could make things worse.

didnt know that, thanks! havent gotten to put the top down yet, its getting the switch put in now

i'll race you for pinks

haha no thanks im dating a model