Refn

>Refn
>Snyder
>Carruth
>PT Anderson

What are the other definitive current fearless kinographers?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/terrence-malicks-knight-of-cups-challenges-hollywood-to-do-better
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Michael Bay

You better get Snyder away from those true blue kinographers.

Fuck Snyder

Carruth is a genius, PTA is only getting better with each film. Malick is a genius as well, I'd put him at the top of that list. I'd also include Korine and Weerasethakul.

All you need is Tarantino and you're set on the tasteless imdb graduate movie buff

Fuck off Reddit

I agree.

pleb invasion is here to stay it seems

Malick
Glazer
Kiarostami
Wes Anderson
Baumbach
Coens
Stillman

Refn and Snyder are to be excluded.

Tarantino is not graduate, literally babby's first director. And plebs can't into recent PTA or Carruth

>i troll just to fit in with Sup Forums

literally name me what was so impressive about BvS's

>plot
>character development
>narrative
>theme

pro-tip you can't

You gave the correct list OP

>tfw Refn will never make that Wonder Woman movie he suggested

Lmao at the Snyder apologists. Doesn't matter if they're memeing, it's still sad.

Your list is correct, seconding Kiarostami as well

>he thinks enjoying good cinema makes you a troll

>>>/Reddit/

Ew, take off Baumbach

PTA and Carruth are pure pleb trash, Sup Forums cinephile

>he wanted to make it with titcow
why can't we have nice things

Idiots in this thread will literally argue fuccboi Noah Baumbach is more kino than Zack Snyder

Holy fucking shit, I thought Sup Forums was avant garde in it's taste, not some retro graded limpdicked village voice sophists.

Good one bud, who are your favorite working directors?

>he can't respond to the simple question

Thank you for keeping actual interest in cinema alive. For anyone looking for more current directors that offer something besides the typical movie:

Lav Diaz
Pedro Costa
Miguel Gomes
Hou Hsiao-Hsien
Tsai Ming-Liang

How to get Patrician tastes:
>Never mention any of the directors OP mentioned in serious discussion ever again

The one on the left (forgot his name), the other two can rot in hell.

Nice. Zvyaginstev as well

Alfonso Curan

OP here

Forgot Innaritu

Malick is the only one who is approaching Vertov's vision of absolute kinography.

>Curan
>Quran
>s-spics aren't dangerous, guyz...

Wall fucking when?

Easily one of the very best films of the past decade.

It seems like you're memeing, but this is easily one of my favorite films of late. Malick really is operating on a completely different plane at this point

I'm only half memeing but Malick is genuinely one of the few working directors who's pushing his own personal aesthetic into newer, purely cinematic frontiers, which is why he's my leading candidate for a filmmaker who embodies absolute kinography, a cinematic form that is removed from previous artistic media.

Explain this movie to me.

>create literally the absolute kino
>gets hate from most of the industry

Is terry too perfect for this world?

>Explain this movie to me.
Brody does so masterfully

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/terrence-malicks-knight-of-cups-challenges-hollywood-to-do-better

>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.

>As such, “Knight of Cups” is one of the great recent bursts of cinematic artistry, a carnival of images and sounds that have a sensual beauty, of light and movement, of gesture and inflection, rarely matched in any movie that isn’t Malick’s own.

mfw no mention of lars von trier

Go back to your sticky

As I see it, Knight of Cups is trancendent cinema. Essentially, Malick is doing away with the most unrealistic narrator, one that can view or recall everything. Human memory, and by extension, human experience, is not like this rather we remember fragments, half-seconds or images, and then create the story of our past.

See the scene at house with blanchett, this is his marriage, a defining part of his life, and yet what we are given by the camera are actual memories, a bug in a pool, a glance across a room, a second of argument. That is memory, imperfect, broken, and utterly emotional, but with it we can build up a narrative, which is, as artists have strived for centuries, unique to each viewer. For me, his wife was too warm, prone to the common kindness, but not the fire Rick wanted, what gave him energy.

Malick is operate a full 70-80 years ahead of the competition. He is sculpting, while everyone else is smashing blocks together. Its not even the same medium at a point.

Just my two cents.

>He is sculpting, while everyone else is smashing blocks together. Its not even the same medium at a point.
Nicely put.

Nuri Bilge Ceylan
Lars Von Trier
Wojciech Smarzowski
Roy Andersson
Zack Snyder inb4 hurr durr Hack Snyder xD
Véréna Paravel
Apichatpong Weerasethakul
Lav Diaz
Andrey Zvyagintsev
Guy Maddin

One of these guysl.

Ah, how could I forget Haneke?
Zack Snyder is awful. He has no idea what he's doing, a fact he's admitted to. Not only are his films deeply flawed and ultimately bad, most "good" that people see in them are there own projections. He in no way belongs in the same discussion as many of the names mentioned thus far

Cuck

>image.jpg

Reddit is leaking i see.
Snyder is a genius that on redditors and rottentomato fags hate

>image.jpg

>Wes Anderson
>PT Anderson
>Carruth
>Korine

le snyder is good meme

upboat to you good sir