ITT: Under rated pleb albums that are secretly really fucking good

ITT: Under rated pleb albums that are secretly really fucking good

This is big arena rock done right. They really fucked up for firing the original guitarist after this

YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm seeing this album mentioned much more than usual.

I hope it's not just one autist, because it really is good.

I've seen it a bunch lately too. Glad to see people are grabbing onto it. Last 3 songs are soul destroying

It's one of the best pop rock albums of the 90s. Production and songwriting are so great. The builds in Narcolepsy and Motorcycle Drive By always get me.

Also I think this album is better than Weezer's Blue Album, for example, and the fact that it isn't held in similar or higher regard is an indictment on the way the music listening community operates. Only things Weezer has over this is better quality control (3EB lulls a bit in the middle) and quirkier lyrics if you're into that, but the reason the Blue Album has been canonised is all to do with image and it's obvious.

they came to my college one night and played a show. lead singer is a total chach

First album that got me into music, funny how the band died out after the 90's

one of the best power pop albums ever released

I've noticed the same. Pretty sure it's the same guy cause the threads I've seen have similar descriptions. Can't say I know the album though. Listened once and didn't like it. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

God of Wine is fucking amazing. I remember listening to this album a couple years ago from a rec thinking it was going to be shitty pop punk but it was actually a really good power pop album. Then the closer came on and destroyed me.

I think Narcolepsy is my favorite song off of it though.

DO DO DO

DO DO DO DOOOOOO

I REMEMBER YOU AND ME USED TO SPEND THE WHOLE GOD DAMN DAY IN BED

3EB got shoehorned immediately because of their lead single. That thing was in all sorts of ads and TV promos at the same time as that Chumbawamba song, and they were put into the same "bucket" as Sugar Ray, Matchbox 20 and other generic pop-rock acts. Sad.

LOOOOSING AAAA WHOLE YEEEEEEEAR

Fuck yeah, nigga. The Background is my go-to if I need some introspection.

yall don't know about this

Running From Me was the shit.

hover is my favorite off that album, its so ethereal for a nu metal band. reminds me of deftones

Just marathoned the first 5 songs good shit

Wait till you get to the last five. Shit, dude.

afraid I won't today it's 6 am and I'm off to bed (I listened to how's it gonna be also it was good)

Might report back when I've slept and listened to the entire album

Never listened to anything on that record aside from Semi-charmed Life. Listening to album right now and I'm digging it.

I think the real reason they never caught on, is they were atrocious live.

I dare you to prove me wrong.