The Simpsons

We all know the golden years were seasons 3-8. The 'acceptable' age is arguable, but I'd say late teens. How did the 20+ become such utter garbage? Literally unwatchable.

Why does it now espouse values completely opposite from its golden years?

Anyone who doesn't include the first two seasons is a tasteless faggot

Klasky Csupo can suck a fat dick. Their animation is pure vomit. Also the humor was definitely in the process of finding itself.

When you've been on as long as the Simpsons, you start to run out of great plot ideas, so you move to your good plot ideas, then you run out of them so you go the meh plot ideas and so on and so forth

My point is that when they began on Fox they were crushing normal societal values. Christians were in hysterics. Now they're literally doing the opposite. Why?

for you maybe
seasons 1 and 2 are special,they have their own touch

They certainly do. And they're better than the modern seasons. But you can't count them as part of the golden years.

Season 1-2 are as classic as they come. Watch them some time.

I did. I grew up with them. I have to ask if any of you are reading. I don't consider them part of the golden years. And if you were internet-savvy you would know this instinctually.

>But you can't count them as part of the golden years.
I do. Season 2 is by far my favorite, maybe not the funniest but IMO the most charming and solid season with the best character moments.

The first two may not be as laugh-out-loud hilarious as the later ones, but they have their own wonderful flavor that makes them comfy and highly rewatchable. I'd say they're on the same level if not better than seasons 3-8 in their own way.

GOLDEN TIER
3-8

CLASSIC TIER
1-2

GOOD TIER
9-11

MEH TIER
12-18

GARBAGE TIER
18-present

That's fine, this isn't an attack against the first two seasons. I want to know why they completely reversed their ideology around season 20.

>counting 8 in the golden years

Here's he official listing pay attention folks

The Simpsons : s1-s11
The Golden years : s3-7
The perfect TV tier :s4-6

OP agrees with this.

OP agrees with this.

Season 10 is when it began shifting.

Also: season 4 is best.

They basically started doing
'dude republicans lmao'
and 'dude christians lmao' as crutches to keep the Jonny Stewart fans watching.

its leftist garbage at this point, and i say that as a person who is ok with watching lefties shove their opinion down my throat if the writing is good.

Yeah, season 10 drew the line for me.

This is palatable to me.

3 is still finding its footing and 8 has too many episodes that end weird. Although 8 is still very funny it starts the trend of the plots completely loosing footing in the 3rd act which s9-12 suffer with

Season 8 is one of the best golden era Simpsons seasons.

You Only Move Twice
Bart After Dark
A Millhouse Divided
El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer
Hurricane Neddy
Homer's Enemy

Top episodes there

I think the first seeds it changing can be found as early as season 7, season 10 is when it became patently obvious.

I could feel a slight change by 7, but 10 is apparent that it's tonally changing.

Yeah, there were seeds. It lasted for fucking 8 seasons. But 10 is definitely where even the dumbest viewer can realize it's not the same.

I recently bought the first 12 seasons since I heard they were discontinuing DVD releases. Holy shit the commentaries have interesting stuff in them. Started in my favorite era, 2-9, and about to start season 1.

WTF was with that tranny and cucking scene jammed in the end of the new episode? was that referencing an old show?

I would kill to hear that commentary. But I wouldn't fill my home with such trivia.

>watching new Simpsons

Sounds like leftist propaganda, friend.

Millennial writers are unable to separate their politics from their work because it's their entire identity and thus you get garbage like that.

The one true answer. I can let this die now.