I work as a bellman at a high class resort in a tourist destination

I work as a bellman at a high class resort in a tourist destination

AMA

What country, dumbass.

What's the best tip you've ever gotten?

I was gonna ask a stupid troll question, but I'm kinda curious... What country/territory do you work in and furthermore do you regularly receive tips? Working as a bellman at a place for rich yuppies I would assume you'd make out pretty well.

I live in the US, more specifically Michigan.

the most I've ever gotten tipped in cash was $50 for doing a few different things for someone who had a lot of money. Yesterday I got tipped 8 beers which was cool

Sorry i forgot to answer part of that. I expect to make some sort of tip for everything I do. Our bell stand is really inclusive and we have a lot of responsibilities

$5 dollars is may average tip for, say, bringing someones things up to their room or valeting a car

And yes I make out pretty well. I put my cash on my dresser when I come home after work and deposit it on the same day I get my pay check, which is every other friday.

Last friday I deposited $700 in cash

fellow bellman here. today got tipped with 10 dollars and around 60 beers.

wow that is a stark difference from my average. Yesterday was only my second time receiving alcohol but I get hella paper

Where do you live/work?

bump for more questions

my average is anywhere between 5-20 dollars. and yeah getting the alcohol doesnt happen very often

a resort in the midwest, common for families and buisness groups

which state? what does your job actually entail? thats some shit tip money son

the same as OP. taking bags to a room, valet, basically doing whatever i feel like doing for a guest if i feel like ill make money. working as a bell/valet is a lot different then a waiter(what most people think of tips). as opposed to spending a lot of time with the guest. i perform the task get tipped and move on

and wisconsin

Op here, in the summer time I break $100 on average.

Not trying to hate I'm legitimately curious how people tip you so poorly

oh im sorry i should have been more specific. by average i was talking about per tip. so 5-20 per tip. so yeah its very easy for me to make over 100 a day

Do guests request prostitutes?

Yes how many Jews do you see.

serious question: why choose such a shit job. of all the shit jobs. bellman.

is this like a make ends meet thing or career path im not aware of.

other than our bosses?