Sup Forums, tell me why I should stop smoking

Sup Forums, tell me why I should stop smoking.

I'm definitely about to pass the "social smoker" to the "I really need a fucking cig right now smoker"

Can any anons beat some sense into me to stop a lifelong addiction?

Smoking is gay

It should be pretty obvious as to why you should stop smoking. However, I don't care if you stop or continue. It's not my problem.

will smoking make me gay?

Do you smoke?

No

Recently stopped smoking did it for health reasons noticed my dick wasn't getting as much blood flow also i bike allot and it was making me tired stamina etc..

I know those feels. Once you stop for as few months you'll still think about it but the smell and thought of going through it again will keep you away. Stay strong, brother. Don't drink for a few months while quitting, either. You'll make it out alive, brother. At least to 63.

Easiest thing to quit is just to start vaping, I tried patches, gum, cold turkey lozenges...

they're all shit. Vaping IMO is the most effective but, what this user said

I watched my father suffocate in pure oxygen because of lung cancer.

But if you want one good reason: it gives so little pleasure at so great a cost. The only real pleasure is feeding the addiction to make the cravings stop. Even meth is probably far better is the fun:harm ratio.

Quit now, OP. It won't get any easier.

Well if you do you will probably die from lung cancer which is a really shitty way to go. Do you want that to happen?

Smoking is not an addiction. It's something you do.

I smoke maybe 10 a day now, but there was a point 3 years ago I smoked 30-40 a day. Then I simply stopped.

Unless you're a degenerate junior, stopping is no problem at all. If you want to stop, stop. If you don't, don't - just quit being a faggot.

Okay, now go from 10 to 1, degenerate.

>don't drink for a few months

I understand your thinking here, but I really disagree.

My experience was the opposite: deliberately expose yourself to as many smoking triggers (booze, sex, new job, etc) as possible early in your quitting phase. You need to learn how to enjoy or cope with those things NOW, while your willpower is at its strongest. It worked for me. I quit cold turkey during a *really* bad, stressful time in my life, but after the initial cravings vanished after a week, I knew I was done with that stupid habit for good. Never wanted a cigarette again.

u

Spoken like a true propaganda throwing non smoker. Your grandfather was a pussy who's lungs gave up on him. Maybe he'd still be around if he didn't have so much bitch in em'.

I started when I was 18 kinda social.
Then it came to I needed one everyday.
Then jobs where you only get breaks if you smoke.
Then half a pack, then a pack.
Quitting is a bitch, I'm sure you have a strong will and some sort of self discipline, but once you get on it way harder than you think to drop it.
I've never been in bad health, and it didn't seem like cigarettes really slowed me down any, but I feel much better since I quit.
But this is just my experience do with it what you will.

Because your mother will die in her sleep tonight if you don't repl.. stop smoking

3edgy5me

Why should I? I enjoy it. The only thing I'm not a fan of is when my fingers smell of it when I sleep, but now I just wash my hands before going to bed.

Cancer.

One of the biggest reasons smoking causes cancer is radioactivity, to say nothing of the chemical carcinogens.

Also stomas.

>job where you only get breaks if you smoke

This is a thing?

>Can I go get some fresh air for five minutes, boss?
>STFU and GBTW
>Can I go suck poison into my lungs to become a more sickly, less capable worker for five minutes?
>Sure! Enjoy your break!

WTF?

Yes

You shouldn't, we what you dead, please, smoke 3 boxes a day at least.

everyone knows smoking is fucking shitty, even smokers

it trying to figure out how to stop without becoming a crabass all the time

i used to be able to exercise and maintain in boxing/cycling and running. i started smoking 10 years ago, lungs haven't been the same since. daily asthma attacks, crap in my lungs i can't cough up...and i even have nightmares every night where i'm trying to run but it's in slow motion only to wake up suffocating.

i quit for the first time this past month and my lungs have begun to restore a little; i used to cycle 100 miles every other day i finally got up to 25 miles with some sprints in between. my sense of smell returned, an extra sense on the world brings a new perspective. i now enjoy walking downtown and smelling the pizza joints or gyro hut.

i can sprint 1/4 a mile without literally dying, instead i am short of breath and still notice the uncontrollable damage done to my lungs.

but at the end of the day i have to accept the fact that 1/2 to 1/4 of my lungs are permanently destroyed and being someone that used to enjoy being fit it's really a sad reality.

i quit with nicorette gum, the frost 4mg and changed my diet from mostly beer and pizza back to protein/kale and fruits/veggies.

i hope i can keep this going instead of give up. the knowledge that i destroyed my lungs permanently really gets to me to where i just wanna give up and go full blown cancer death with cigs and alcohol but part of me thinks if i keep this up i can restore some dignity and maybe one day i can begin to push myself out of this hole i've dug.

but that's just me m8. im not saying you need to be like me, but at this point in my life if i could meet the 18 year old me that started smoking id probably give him a beating he'd never forget.

i also fantasize about shooting up tobacco companies if i get cancer before i die.

I save over $200 a month from having stopped smoking.

if telling someone to stop smoking was enough to stop anyone who currently smokes from smoking then there wouldn't be a need for all the anti-smoking aides and campaigns.

knowledge is not enough to fight addiction.

enjoy your life of sharing "i should quit" stories with other smokers while smoking.

>Can any anons beat some sense into me to stop a lifelong addiction?

No. No i can't. I can tell you everything my friend told me, everything that turned out to be true, but it wouldn't stop you, just like it didn't stop me.

....you will thirst for cigarettes like you thirst for water, for the rest of your entire life.

Once you cross from "That cigarette made me have a good day" to "oh shit my bad day totally disappeared when i had a cigarette" the hammer's already fallen

This. You've got to want it.

>Can any anons beat some sense into me to stop a lifelong addiction?
Nigga how much do you spend on cigarettes a week?

Think about that figure for a minute.

Now change it to something else, like fast food or coffee.

Could you justify spending that much on fucking cheeseburgers or non-fat soy lattes?

Addiction over.

All smoking does is cause stress and then momentarily relieve the stress is causes. Of you were not a smoker you would never stress about wanting a ciggerette. You are not giving up smoking, stop thinking of quitting as a bad thing. Stopping smoking has so many more bennifits than smoking. You will quit smelling bad, your skin will go back to a normal color rather than the pale blochy mess that ciggerets make it. You will feel like a million bucks and after a month or two of not smoking trying a ciggerette will make you sick.

My friends helped me quit. On my birthday, my friend bought me a good quality vape and the liquid for it, then at my party later that night took my pack with my last cig in it. She said something like "If you keep going for that "last cig" you'll never quit, so why not just start now?" I'm only 3 months in to my second attempt at quitting, this is honestly the farthest I've made it after smoking daily for 4 years. So cheers, and don't wait for your last smoke. Just toss the pack if you want it.

Also, 3 months later and I still have cravings. Each time I have to sit there and convince myself it's not worth it, but it's doable.

If you're serious about it, good luck mate.

I recently quit smoking because I decided to become healthier and better looking.

Smoking:
- makes your teeth yellow
- makes your fingers yellow
- gives you bad breath
- makes your skin look older
- gives you an overall bad smell
- reduces your stamina for any physical activity

Also it is really fucking expensive. Save the money instead.

When I used to smoke all my shitty wagecuck jobs were like this
Most managers there smoke too and take extra breaks
This is in fact a thing

Also smoking lowers your blood pressure so it's more challenging to get a boner

Hur dur quiting is sooooo haaaarrrdd.

>Quitting is easy as fuck if you have any bit of self discipline.

So now you vape?? At least you know what ciggerets are doing to you. Your the ginnue pig for the health problems that we don't know about vaping causing. Thank you for basically being societies lab rat.. Dumbass

You have never smoked so your point is invalid.

You didn't quit, stop kidding yourself.

After 10 years the damaged caused to lungs from smoking actually decreases your intelligence. Your brain doesn't get enough oxygen due to all the scarring in your lungs.

lol your not addicted and your alrdy having trouble with it, stop now or ull be doomed with it for life

patches can actually work. you have to put one on every morning though and go trough the 3 steps. After a couple months you'll be good. You'll still feel the occasional craving but they'll be mild and pass quickly. Cold turkey is like being angry all day and not being able to think straight or concentrate, with no end in sight. Some people have done it that way but i couldn't.

you didnt mention any of the good stuff

Hey good for you for trying man. Just remember if you smoke just once, all those shitty times of dealing with cravings will have been for nothing AND you get to relive those shitty cravings again when you try and quit again

I got divorced
>stopped smoking
>stopped excessive drinking
>no fast food
>ni stress
Feelsgr8.
Honestly just changing lifestyle and using the 10 minutes you'd spend smoking doing something else like getting laid you lazy fuck
Only thing was sometimes I woke up with fucked headaches
Also get rid of all the fucking lighters and matches
>mfw
>gas stove
>get electric bitch

Smoke weed

I read a book called an easy way to quit smoking by Allan Carr. It really helped me. It takes every excuse there is to smoke and smashes it. It doesn't use scare tactics. It slowly changes how you see ciggeretes and it is what helped me to the final step of actually quitting. Try that shit out and if it doesn't help then it's not like you wasted time. I read it and haven't touched tabacco in 8 months so far.

get a vape dawg

I'm at that thershhold right now and let me tell you it sucks knowing you have only $10 and you really need a cig so basically I have $2 right now. plus, man I can only play basketball for about 10mins now. trust dog, it feels good tosmoke but it's not a good trade off. Take it from me

This is realism right here, I'm an addict who knows he's an addict and here you go. I fucking luh you