What do we think of The White Stripes ?

Idk but I would bang the shit outta Meg if I could.

I have this extreme irrational hatred for Jack White.

i know that they wore red and white which gave off a peppermint vibe. Jack said him and Meg exclusively ate only peppermint candy morning, noon, and night while on their first tour of the U.S. Once that got old, Meg started insisting on eating Werther's Originals and that's when tensions within the band began to peak.

Ew
Megfags make me sick

They were ok

dude same. he's such a dick though so i don't think it's too irrational

For gayplebs desu

Their live performances blow my mind. It's like an entire new catalog of songs. "Lets build a home", "Astro", "Death letter", "Party of special things to do". fkn love them. They also do a lot of covers. More than i originally thought. I never knew Conquest was one, and i think hotel yorba was origonaly done in two star tabernacle which jack was in. so idk if that counts as a cover then but yeah. 10/10. pissed me off when they announced they were in the studio again after iky thump then decided to call it quits. why what are your thoughts?

ive never heard him do anything shitty other than beat the piss out of the guy from i think the vonbondies for trying to take all the money for a gig they did together. which is more of deserving than shitty

he's pretty convinced that he's god's gift to music, most original rock artist to ever live, and that everyone is ripping off his style but he's just kinda mediocre and forgettable. No one cares about him or his "innovations" nearly as much as he thinks they do. Arrogant prick.

A great band that, along with the Strokes, saw a brief revitalization of garage rock. The White Stripes were a great band and White is supremely talented as a live performer and a guitarist. He reminds me of Neil Young in his playing, in that he isn't technically perfect by any stretch but has a very unique, instantly identifiable sound.

I don't think Jack White has done anything to match his time in the Stripes.

agree, although the new dead weather album was pretty amazing

probably one of the better bands to be around during the 2000s.

highly recommend their tour documentary, under great white northern lights. really great performances.

would of killed to see them play that bowling ally

That's describes like every artist after 2002

I was at that show

I was at that show as well, didn't see you there tbqh senpai

great seminal band, but seem less impressive after finding out about billy childish and the gories. nirvana was predated by the pixies and dino jr etc and white stripes has flat duo jets and the aforementioned bands

BLACKPOOL
L
A
C
K
P
O
O
L

very weird.

They were married but pretended they were siblings (which they probably carried on pretending in bed).

Meg White is autistic, literally has to be prodded to interact in an interview. Her social anxiety is the reason the white stripes are no longer around.

Jack White seems to act like a massive cunt to p. much everyone (see his interviews and documentary's etc). I don't like his vocal style much either but that is subjective

Icky Thump is still a great album though. Title track is an absolute tune

Well, I've only heard like, two songs
So meh

user VERY HUNGRY, MUMMY GIVE user MILK