It's expensive
I've never even seen a passport irl

time to move and work overseas for a while then

How do I do this?

>get passport
>apply for work visa in a country
>fly to said country
>work a shitty job for shitty pay but enough to get by
If you're under 30 lots of western nations let you get a work visa for a couple of years I believe.

>expert on international culture
>from Sup Forums
yeah nah

I work at WalMart right now
So could I just work in a super market in another country on a work visa?

What if I have a degree? Can I apply for work in that field and have any chance of getting a job?

>become expert on international culture by posting on a joke board

>So could I just work in a super market in another country on a work visa?
Possibly. You could work wherever you could get a job. They might hire a teenager instead of you though.

If you're under 30 I believe so. If you get an employer lined up you could get them to sponsor you so you can stay longer as well. Depending on your field you might struggle to find work though, what field are you in?

Social work.

No idea m8 you'd have to see if your credentials count for the country you're moving to. Do social workers even NEED a degree? They might hire you if you've had good experience. But the system would be totally different obviously so that'd be a factor. Easiest way would be to contact the embassy via their website or phone I guess. You thinking about Aus or somewhere else?

This website has a list of jobs that Aus wants people to have so it's much easier to get a visa/job if you're in these fields, and social work in among them.

nationalvisas.com.au/skilled-visas/eligible-occupations/

Yeah it requires a degree. And I'm thinking more Europe, but thank you for the help anyway.

>international meme culture
fixed for great justice

>tfw I'm gonna apply for my first passport next week
>tfw it doesn't actually matter because I'm still too poor to travel anywhere

Well I imagine every euro country would have stringent language requirements for social work (except the UK and ireland).

Most countries would have some sort website like that which lists in demand jobs. Social work is probably in demand in britain because they have a welfare-slave populace and it'd be a fucking horrible and oppressive job.

Being on this board unironically helped me pass the admission test to my university

your giving bad advice

what happens is there's the international experience program that many countries like canada, australia, most of europe run that allows for a working holiday visa of one-two years

it's all reciprocal
because america makes it hard as fuck to get in, other countries don't let them in and work without a job offer already

best bet for americans is to do the tefl

>see dutch always call themselves kanker
>they never explain it
>sitting on a train
>dutch guy sits across from me
>after a bit of talk mention kanker
>he laughs and says it isn't a dutch word

Didn't know about the americans needing work beforehand, you can still do the under-30 visa thing though I know that much.

You have to go through an awful lot of hoops before actually getting a visa etc anyway so my wrong advice would be corrected pretty quickly.

the fact that so few amernicans even have passports is pretty funny

Why?

Is this true? Why?

its almost implied that everyone you meet has a passport in canada, i had my first passport picture when i was like 6 or 7

most americans probably dont leave their country

>He's never left his home state
>he isn't at least bilingual
>He posts on Sup Forums despite all that.
Embarrassing tbqhwyf

why would they need them?

can go from florida to alaska without one

seems really classist too, of course poor black people don't have passports, 50% of people have $1000 or less in the bank

It's true. Lots don't leave the country, especially in the Midwest and south.

>why would they need them?
well its a form of identification that is recognized all over the world, and will allow them to travel internationally

37% of Americans have passports as of 2013

businessinsider.com/passports-by-state-2014-3

Its fucking expensive and the US is huge
No need to go anywhere else

I went to Jamaica and it was a shithole

Wtf?
>living the most easy life mode on earth
>never gone outside of US
fuck you.

He wants to user, but when you live in the U.S it can be pretty hard to leave. Especially if you live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, with no airports or borders around. Also the U.S is big enough that you'd be able to drive a pretty good distance without leaving the country, if you live somewhere inland.

What kind of godforsaken place has no airport. Sounds like a lame excuse.