Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rundstück_warm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_sandwich
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes.

Is OP a fag?

YEs

Someone has to be the hero and explain this properly. It's not gonna be me though

Yes

A sandwich uses SLICES of bread, but burgers, however, use specialized hamburger BUNS. Therefore, a burger is not a sandwich.

Now that we got that shit cleared up, I now proclaim this a spiderman thread.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

Im from Hamburg btw.

>698961705

The german article also shows the origin of the Hamburger but it's not available in english.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rundstück_warm

A baguette isn't a slice of bread of is still a sandwich when filled with sandwich fillings.

Hamburgers are sandwiches.

You're a newfag but I'll help you out. To reply to a post click on the post number of said post and it will open a quick reply.

Maybe

Nah I just deleted one of the > on accident.
Im even using 4chanx.

NO!

Yes, it is very much a sandwich. It contained between 2 pieces of bread.

Now, the real question, is a patty melt a burger?

It's not a sandwich it's a Baguette. GTFO Frenchfag.

No. Sandwiches are classified by what they contain. For instance, a ham and cheese sandwich means ham and cheese between two slices of bread. If a hamburger was a sandwich it would be called a hamburger sandwich, but it's not. It's a hamburger. It exists in it's own right.

Hamburgers WERE called hamburger-style sandwiches, which was later shortened to hamburger sandwiches, which was again shorted to just hamburger

no....only dumb amerifags only say this shit....lol

you're an idiot

a sandwich consists of at least 2 slices of bread (be that a bun, a mini loaf, baguette) with a filling in between.

do you get served pulled pork on sandwich bread? no. it's in a kaiser bun or something equivalent, and it is a sandwich.

yes.

You really think that science have come so far that this question is answerable? Not even religion can give you a answer.

According to captcha yes.

Most certainly.

no that's a pulled pork burger u philistine....lol

I think he's more of a cretin tbh

Ok let's break it down. Anything that is comprised of different layers could be considered a sandwich, therefore a hamburger is a sandwich. It's just that our vernacular has classified specific types of sandwiches differently: hamburger, melt etc.

Put pone in it

no, if has slices of bread it's a sandwich if it has buns it's a burger

so hamburgers used to be sandwiches and now they're not? I'm ok with that

What about hotdogs then?

no, Sandwiches are made with bread.

Burgers are made with buns, which legally can't be called bread, due to their high sugar content (they're actually classified as confectionery, you fat Amerifucks)

hamburgers were never sandwiches....

made with buns, buns arent legally bread, therfor hotdog isnt a sandwich.

that's a fucking hotdog...lol

The difference is, a burger uses bread BUNS, while a sandwich only uses SLICES of bread. There's the difference.

You wouldn't call this a sandwich?

And then there's the issue of the open sandwich

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_sandwich

Pic related, it's an open sandwich

Any fast food restaurant refers to any one it with 2 pieces of bread and a meat or veggie product placed between the bread a sandwice

nope, bread roll...god what's with u philistines today....lol

According to the captcha system, yeah. Hamburgers are sandwiches. But if you're having trouble with the semantics, a sandwich is defined as a food item consisting of one or more types of food, such as vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread.

Yes

Hamburgers, as with subs, are a variation of the traditional sandwich.

A bun is a type of bread and is sliced in two.
Case closed.

ITT: Amerifats who think their food is real food

yes,a sandwich variation made with a sugar loaded pastry.

its EXACTLY the same as the stupid shit you fat fucks make using donuts instead of buns.

its one of the main reasons fast food in the US is so unhealthy: not the fat content, but the sugar content.

And so are hotdogs.

I guess the legality depends on the country you are in, not all of us are in the States.

but is it a hotdog sandwich?

so what is a hotdog then?

Nope, thats a filled roll.

FOR FUCK SAKE.

I thought i was being trolled, 3 seconds later Google shoes me why the Yanks are obese.

Their food is literally confectionery.

nope, bun is a bun

it's a hotdog....lol

Sandwich
Something between two other somethings.
Something SANDWICHed between two others somethings.

lol, American burger buns have the same amount of sugar as protein: 5grams.

Why are they adding sugar to bread?

Kinda like how I sandwiched my cock in between your mothers two pussy lips last night

Sugar is tasty, duh
Add sugar = add tasty

no dipshit.

Sandwich: the name of the Earl who invented it, using 2 slice of bread, 1 slice of meat, so he could eat with his hand while playing poker.

Obviously

I've eaten that and it's surprisingly nice.

Bizarre that it works.

Because its addictive and people like it.

>hating on the Luther

Don't knock it till you've tried it you limey britbong mudslime cuck.

How do you know user is a ' limey britbong mudslime cuck"?. user might just not be a fat fuck yank twat.

is that a fucking donut???

according to the logic presented here, buns = burger, then that there is an egg burger.

we'll name it a begger, for short.

You fucking retarded son, I live in England and we can get those no problem.

as a Dane, I must correct you.

pic related is an open sandwich, which in an of itself is an idiotic work.. seeing as "sandwich" refers to something closed.

>nope, bun is a bun
a bun is made from bread, you infinite twat. Sliced bread with shit in between = sandwich.

>so he could eat with his hand while playing poker.
whilst riding his horse, I was told.. or maybe playing poker on horseback whilst eating idunno.

but yeah, the Earl of Sandwich invented it. Good guy.

>live in England and we can get those no problem.

if you seriously don't understand the cultural significance of chicken and waffles, and what country it's from, you should kill yourself.

Those burgers aren't made for the British, but for tourists.

Good job he invented the sandwich not wellington boots, shit would get complicated then.

Define what context you want it in. The culinary definition of a sandwich is any filling between two slices of bread.

'To be sandwiched', describing something as being between two other things, in reference to the food.

Don't do this to me man, I've already got enough problems

I will now trigger Americans.

This is a chicken burger

According to homeschooled Americans in this thread:

A pizza is actually an open grilled sandwich.

How do you even eat that without everything falling off?

This is a barbecue

hell no.
what kinda homogay fag idea is that?

Are brainburgers burgers?

snob

wuts this then??

so a hotdog is a sandwich?

Did you know that any salad that has Croutons on it is actually an upside-down open sandwich?

Just gonna point this out AGAIN.

Either come up with a context ya'll want to work with otherwise since it's food you go with the CULINARY DEFINITION.

>not understanding the difference between Definition, Archaism, and Neologism.

A square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not always a square. So a burger a sandwich but a sandwich is not always a burger. Dumb niggers

>not understanding that archaism and neologism are irrelevant in this discussion.

Don't you have an atheist vs religion debate or something to get to? Or some alone time with your MLP body pillow?

inb4 pic related

mind blown...

fucking autists, read this:

>Tourists where I live.

Go eat a chicken waffle shaped dick son.

is it a sandwich if i put butter on a slice of bread

>cultural significance of chicken and waffles
Other countries have authors, America has chicken and waffles.

Is cereal soup? Are tomatoes fruit? Are coffee beans beans?

It would count as an open-faced sandwich. Though the use of the word sandwich in terms of open-faced is stupid but it's the best we have to work with.

An amerilard abomination

If you cut a sandwich in half, is it now two sandwiches? Or just two halves of one sandwich?