Why are we less hyped for this year's olympics than in 2012?

Why are we less hyped for this year's olympics than in 2012?

Remember how legendary the 2012 olylmpics were on here. How off the charts the banter was in every which way, etc.

Why does it seem like less people are hyped for this one? Did we just grow up?

because it's in one of the biggest shitholes on Earth? also all the gymnasts are ugly

It's because Sup Forums was still somewhat good back then

It's been garbage for almost 4 years now

Remember the off the chart banter from all the involved countries? It was like the wild west, considering mods didn't regulate it for a good portion of the month lol. It was a lot of fun

this

We need to get rid of generals and flags to make Sup Forums great again

We are going to win and win so big.

We were all hoping for a happening this year, like the IOC admitting they fucked up and pulling the plug at the last minute. But the international zionist media machine chugs on, guns pointed at the heads of reporters who are smiling through their teeth and assuring us everything is fine.

>and flags
Flags are one of the primary reasons this board is still alive and you want to remove them?

Well, the 2016 Summer Olympics are being held in an open sewer, and then the 2022 World Cup is being played on the surface of the Sun, so yeah, things are looking down, thanks for asking.

It's going to be fun and full of bantz again, don't you worry.

And this year adds several uncertainty factors that could make things memorable: ISIS, Zika, Crummy Water, Crime.

you're not white.

flags are the reason for Sup Forumsposting

because Sup Forums sucks and is slow as fuck now

I'm as hyped as ever though

its in a shithole.
and its been 4 years, so times have changed.
Sup Forums is reddit 2.0 with all of the generals. now a days your thread gets removed if you want to talk about a specific team and you're told to post in the general. we need the outlels to come back tbqh

They ruined the board. Sup Forums used to be people who enjoyed sports as an occasional distraction. Now that they've completely removed all non-sports posting, it's just people who use sports as an escape.

this desu

the board without generals and flags was way more fun and had much better discussions and threads

Because everyone is too busy being pissed at Brazil

We need a separate board for sports generals.

and here, Argentina, can see why Hans is right

fug wrong reply

meant this

we realized olympics are shit

>damage control

Sup Forums is dead

we're just maggots wriggling in it's bloated belly giving it the appearance of movement

for what?

Shit time zone

>Why are we less hyped for this year's olympics than in 2012?

Because it's not being held in the greatest city on earth.

I'm actually astonished theres so many people who give a fuck about the Olympics. All my life I have never heart of anyone who cared about this event.

Olympics have been less hype every year since Atlanta. Steroid scandals, overbearing sponsors/monetisation, and IOC incompetence and corruption have taken away from the spirit of the games

Because its lost its charm, too commercial, and every country just imports their atheletes from other nations.

Fucking gay.

This, competitions are so fucking boring.

>we

Also the 2018 World Cup is being played in the most corrupt and homophobic place in the world, with the possible exception of Qatar. So, there's that.

>this delusional brit

>all my life
Well if you're 12 now, that means you were 8 during the last Olympics and too busy catching Pokemons.

So I guess very little has changed, eh?

Because the brazialian fucking subhumans ruin everything, always

what a meanie

It can't be worst than Munich '72

Maybe if you stopped shitting in the street there might not be so much raw sewage for the sailors to dodge?

maybe it is the different in the USA, but honestly i can't meet any person that actually cares about the olympics, i am 22 and the only moment we got kinda pissed about was this, the rest is such a drag

if he is shitting in the street than the sailors wouldn't have to bother with shit in his water, right?

>and is slow as fuck now

Right, what the fuck? Why does it seem slower now? Did a bit of us just migrate to Sup Forums ?

T. Achmed

>le football is life countries

Grow up sudacashits

Because Sup Forums is a dead general board now thanks to the no fun police. I'm probably going to shot post about the games elsewhere instead of choosing between "Rio general" or ""comfy" rip general"

New Sup Forums is trash and I'm surprised this place still has regulars

We just need to shitpost quicker than the mods can delete until they finally admit defeat.

Is not even football, any sport played in teams is more entertaining than some guys running through a track to see who's the fastest. Nobody actually gives a shit about them

>Olympics contains no team sports

hurrf durr sapsfakjasd

The Sochi winter olympics were epic.

I never said that

Because the rings got Zika

Because we're not in it with the full team

They had flags in 2012 already I believe. But yes, 3rd worlders can no longer post as if they are 1st worlders because of flags.