Kitchen Nightmares

What was the worst restaurant on this show? Also, general thoughts on the show as a whole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JeahDDyFhWY
youtube.com/watch?v=kQJHYFK3LTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ix233PSYlhk
youtube.com/watch?v=trv2ZAyhZwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Burger Kitchen was pretty bad.

>bent aussie dad who took son's inheritance and thought the pinnacle of meat was frozen """"""waygu"""""""
>narcissistic and lazy chef who probably tries to fuck customers using his chef credentials and is an all around Californian failed dreamer. thinks highly of himself and probably had big dreams of being big time chef but then washed the fuck out and has a hard time staying employed
>son who's a super beta, balding, fedora wearing hipster and heroin addict. breaks down crying at the first sign of conflict
>son's girlfriend is a crazy crackhead who sucks the son's turgid micropenis in exchange for some of the inheritance, a place to live and drugs. probably fucks other guys on the reg but talks beta son into keeping her.
>mom is a fatass who can't into life. a generally defeated woman who married a complete asshole foreigner. probably hates herself for getting tricked into a marriage from the waygu king of california. can't handle any kind of responsibility and is pretty dense.
>deceased grandfather beat the dad apparently and the grandmother refereed to her husband as "gentle satan." probably touched waygu king in the outback when he was a boy
>entire restaurant relies on an outdated premise. burger bars are no longer kitsch. literally every dive bar has jumped on the gourmet burger bandwagon. it's boring and not creative. plus they tried giving their burgers clever names like an italian burger called 'the godfather' GET IT? BECAUSE THAT'S ONE ITALIAN THING EVERYONE RECOGNIZES *wink wink* *nudge*

has anyone just snapped and attacked Gordon Ramsay? I feel like the way he goes at people at least one or two have tried to beat the shit out of him.

The one with the rotten lobsters and mold biscuits. Genuinely made me want to puke.

youtube.com/watch?v=JeahDDyFhWY

Restaurant Impossible is better on every level. Too bad pleb faggots like you need flashy editing and stupid sound effects every 5 seconds.

He's a pretty big guy. His brother was into drugs and crime so he's had exposure to violence and conflict. He's not the kind of guy you would flat out pick a fight with. You might talk shit but that's it.

You can also bet producers pull their money and everything if any participant breathes on Ramsay wrong.

He DM'd me, "TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!" like 5 years ago after I called him a poofter whose show is the TV equivalent of fast food.

The belly dancer in Seattle. She had zero experience and was fucking the head chef. She thought soup of the day meant just the soup that was being served that day, and was selling week old soup.

British show is great, American show is a sideshow.

i remember that one, jesus. she would belly dance and shove her flabby stomach all over people while they were trying to eat

Post yfw you hear it

youtube.com/watch?v=kQJHYFK3LTQ

so fucking annoying

I tried watching both for a bit.

The British one is much more about the food itself. It often shows Ramsay teaching the chefs how to cook certain dishes, informing the audience in the process.

There's very little of that in the American version. There's much more drama, usually family drama. Ramsay not only fixes problems with the kitchen, but routinely has to fix relationships as well.

True, but the British one does have a fair amount of 'Ramsay fixes the social and relationship problems' too. Quite a few of the British restaurants have their problems more in the people than just the food.

It's just that the British show seems more like he actually gives a crap about the people involved, rather than being tossed into a pit with retarded criminal children like in the American one. The British one makes him seem way more human and likeable, and the people with problems largely as flawed people rather than cartoons. It largely comes down to editing and whatnot, I guess, to a degree.

The American series isn't pure dogshit, but I just couldn't put up with the show being centered all around largely cartoonish DRAMA anymore after season 4 or so.

Yeah, I guess there is some of the "relationship fixing" in the British version. It seems much more prominent in the US version though.

I definitely agree that he comes across as nicer and more human in the British one.

>tfw trying to find this one guest that said "it's dry" and it was an old asian man with the most fucked up bowl cut in history
>tfw you can't even remember what season that episode was
any help?

I lasted about 30 seconds, I never noticed that sound until this video.

That place was right downtown and I never fucking went to it. They got shut down, too. Makes sense. I pity the son and loathe the father.

That episode made me very uncomfortable. It was probably the most memorable. What an unfortunate state to be in for everyone involved.

you must be honored

youtube.com/watch?v=ix233PSYlhk

The British version is more enjoyable to me as an American because I enjoy seeing the areas he visits, but also because it's less chopped up, there's less dramatic music, etc. I really prefer that style far more. Plus I felt like he encountered more actual insane people, as opposed to those who were made to look crazier on the US show.

I thought the deceased grandfather was a mobster or something?

I'm pretty sure that sound is made with pic related
and I've heard it in more shows than Kitchen Nightmares. I think it's been used in Bar Rescue.

The chef wasn't that. He was just an asshole to the wife.

This paris restaurant was definitely one of the worst, and it's not even the crazy fucking black guy.

The owner was a rich spoiled girl who didn't even come to work while they were filming, so Gordon opened up, cooked for 50-100 people and served them all - making cold hard cash.

I really liked the Amy's Bakery episode, even though I know it's kinda trashy.

youtube.com/watch?v=trv2ZAyhZwU
>She's upset because someone called asking for Battletoads

They cut out all the relationship fixing bits in the American show. You can still see some counselling in the beginning parts of the show, but then the showrunners figure that's all the sappy no fun shit the average burger wants and packs the rest of the show with WWE confrontations.

Got a link to that one?

UK > US

I want to cuddle her.

That was a pretty good one.
There was an article a while back that said about 60% of restaurants Ramsay helps end up closing anyway. Sometimes the owners just aren't willing to put forth the effort to keep things running well.

>tfw no qt cryfu gf