You guys DO know it's gonna make millions and get raving reviews right?

You guys DO know it's gonna make millions and get raving reviews right?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/entertainment/films/616116/China-bans-ghost-movies-Hollywood-fear-sales-slump-censorship-Crimson-peak
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/10/no-ghosts-allowed/411940/
filmschoolrejects.com/chinas-ban-on-ghosts-in-movies-deals-another-blow-to-crimson-peak-73721095da93#.6gt9mkdin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only millions? Not tens of millions?

Nostalgia isn't enough anymore. It actually has to be good.

raving reviews? probably because the media thinks they're socially obligated to ensure this movie succeeds but will it make millions in profit? probably not because the public either doesn't like it, doesn't care or in China's case are prohibited from seeing it.

Not a cent out of my pocket so whatev lmao

It will make millions, with international sales and home release it might even cover its production budget back too.

It certainly will get stellar reviews, half of the reviewers will be in Sony's pocket and the other half will support it for political reasons.

But it will still be an awful film.

Did anyone even ask for this?

>international sales
movies about ghosts are prohibited by the government in China so no

millions of dollars compared to the hundreds of millions wasted on this movie and it's ad-campaign.

and the only raving reviews are going to be Stark Raving Mad Feminists against the male gender.

Even Ghost?!

I know its gonna make a shit ton of money, but raving reviews...I'll wait and see.

No back then it was okay it's only been like the past decade or so that they banned any movies with supernatural elements because it could give people ideas about spirituality that may distract them from their secular duty to the state or some other commie rhetoric nonsense.

Can someone concisely explain why people are predicting this will be shit?

The only things I've heard is that it's not with the original cast, the females are unattractive, and being female they will likely be unfunny, unlikable, and possibly PC.

Is there more to that?

it will get raving reviews because every outlet is obligated to tow the pandering line.

if you dont like the movie its because you hate women not because its a shit script or poorly presented
if you give the movie a bad review its because you hate women not because its a shit script or poorly presented

>it's gonna make millions
If it doesn't make 200 million dollars it won't break-even.

>and get raving reviews
This much is true. Recent reviews from mainstream critics look like fucking Tumblr blog-posts. They'll be fucking TERRIFIED of being labeled a "woman-hater" and they will give this movie at least average reviews, if not above average, due solely to Sony's tactic of shaming people who complain about this movie.

Watch any trailer, it's filled with shitty jokes and predictable punch lines. Also the entire cast are women, who are objectively less funny than men and seem to be there just for a diversity quota.

Amy Pascal and Tumblr.

Aside from that....not really.

Why is Christianity supposedly flourishing over there then?

because of it's dated special effects, lame clichéd jokes like someone getting dropped while trying to crowd surf and it's simultaneously playing the progressive card through its marketing and lines like "is this a black thang or a lady thang" while being incredibly socially regressive with characterizing the black one like that.

This.

In addition to the full-retard Commie principles of government-enforced atheism, there's also an element of protecting China's "cultural norms".
There's some sort of archaic principle in Chinese traditionalism that forbids the portrayal of corpses and skulls in media due to it "disrespecting the dead" or some other such nonsense. They fucking banned Inferno Cop because the guy in it has a skull for a face.

I don't know. All I know is movies about ghosts are banned in China...

express.co.uk/entertainment/films/616116/China-bans-ghost-movies-Hollywood-fear-sales-slump-censorship-Crimson-peak

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/10/no-ghosts-allowed/411940/

filmschoolrejects.com/chinas-ban-on-ghosts-in-movies-deals-another-blow-to-crimson-peak-73721095da93#.6gt9mkdin

Like Fantastic 4?

Check your privilege.

The entire plot leaked months ago and it is a stinker.

>If it doesn't make 200 million dollars it won't break-even.

It needs much more than that user. IMDB and Wikipedia report the budget as $154 million estimated and who knows how much money spent on marketing, lets say its $30 million for starters and bring the total to $184 million. Now, the thing to remember is studios absolutely do not receive nearly 100% of the gross, at best its ~45%. This movie will need to make north of $370 million to approach breaking even and that's likely being conservative considering how much is spent on marketing these days.

I will. I'll check those double dubs

Try saying baby-men several times in a row.

You guys DO know you don't have to watch it right? Just don't ever watch it.

Only $44 million for marketing?

>China's case are prohibited from seeing it.
Why do they have a law against ghosts or something?

yes. see...

800k dislikes is beyond any "internet culture", normies will hate this too. It will be regarded as a bad movie by most people I think.

>Can someone concisely explain why people are predicting this will be shit?

How new are you to movies?

>Soulless reboot of an 80's classic to cash-in on nostalgia
>Filled with C and D-list actors from other unfunny movies and TV shows
>Script that went through like 20 different rewrites
>Directed by an effeminate loudmouth whose best movie is fucking Bridesmaids
>Made by Sony, i.e. a company that has been churning-out box-office cancer for the past 5 years with maybe one mediocre movie anually
>Has multiple Sony suits vying for control of it, interfering with any sort of creative vision that could possibly guide the production
>Sony desperately needs it to be a cash-cow, so it's been designed around selling toys and merchandise
>Was made at the behest of Amy Pascal, a Sony executive so stupid she can't even spell properly in a business e-mail
>Was made for the purpose of promoting "GRRRRRL POWER!", not making a good movie
>Massive amounts of in-fighting and friction on set, with multiple cast-members and production-staff extremely unhappy about the final product

How many fucking red flags do you need?

Yes because reviewers are sjws. Those queers at screen junkies will probably go on every week about how awesome it is.

>>Was made at the behest of Amy Pascal, a Sony executive so stupid she can't even spell properly in a business e-mail

How is she still an executive there after all of those leaks? Fuck's sake Sony is still as retarded as they were before.

>How is she still an executive there after all of those leaks?

Cronyism and ingrained power.

It's sad when meritocracy is subverted.

Actually yes. Depictions of undead are deemed occult because of the weight they carried in Confucian mythology that the party tried to stamp out. It's archaic now but still law.

>Well, I don't want people to think I'm some misogynist bigot
>better bump up that review score a bit

you mean the studio that is also making a 21 Jump Street/Men In Black crossover and an animated movie based on emoticons living in a cell phone? Of course Sony is retarded!

>How is she still an executive there after all of those leaks?

Same reason a company like Intel hired a rap star to be its 'director of creative innovation'

>it's gonna make millions
it's only a profit if something make billions

>Score is too low: sexist scum
>Score is too high: shill
What will it be out of five stars, bros?

top kek, it's not even gonna make 100 mill at this point

This.

Liberals have been proving this for the past year with all the clickbait.
It culminated with The Nerd last week though.
One fucking e-celeb on par with Pat the NES Punk or the fucking Game Grumps says he won't review the movie because it looks shitty, and ACTUAL celebrities like Dane Cook, Patton Oswalt and countless others start shitting on him, calling him a "misogynist" and other such complete nonsense.

Sometimes it feels like we're living in a fucking article from The Onion.
These are the sort of situations Conservatives like me joked about 5 or 6 years ago.
"Within the next decade, they'll start calling you 'misogynist' because you don't want to see shitty all-female comedies!"
All that's left is for us to un-ironically be called "anti-Semites" when we say the next Adam Sandler cash-grab looks shitty.

it will get at least 4.5/5 anything less will result in a lynching

She got fired last year?

I'm going to watch it but I'm not paying for a ticket. I'll just buy a ticket to some other movie and then walk into the theater showing this.

I'm genuinely curious to see how much they fuck this up but I don't want to give them a cent of my money. I'll just buy a ticket for a movie that deserves it I guess

Because it's the Way, the Truth and the Light, user.

>ban ghosts in movies
>cant ban The Holy Ghost
Communists, ladies and gentlemen

>Massive amounts of in-fighting and friction on set, with multiple cast-members and production-staff extremely unhappy about the final product

People forget the leaks that McCarthy was unappy with it and that Wiig just phoned it in once she realized the shit show that it really was.

>Patton Oswalt

Thank God his wife died before they could have a son

He has an 8 year old daughter

She will pay the price for his SJW ways. Just ask r9k.

fun fact: the onion is now worth more than most of the legitimate news outlets that it mocks

hopefully she got her mother's looks ..actually scratch that. hopefully there was a maternity ward mix up and she's someone else's kid. pic unrelated.

I have never seen this but I know enough about it to appreciate the franchise.

I think James Rolfe was absolutely correct about "female" Ghostbusters. It should have been a reboot, not a remake.

And it would have been the same thing if they did it with a bunch of male SNL castmembers.

Yeah, throw Andy Samberg and Keenan Thompson in there, it will be shitty anyway.

This is Bridesmades humor and SNL humor combined, it seems.

still, thank god his wife died before they could have a son

>ACTUAL celebrities like Dane Cook
>Dane Cook
>celebrity
Top kek.

he said that reboot was the same thing as a remake, but also that this was a namemake, a remake that was made to make profit off the name

Bill Hader, Darrel Hammond, and Keenan could have done it.

the amount of obnoxious marketing paired with the reshoots theyve had to do means it probably won't even break even and if it does, it'll be barely

In an extremely underhanded way, I really believe there's a sexist element one way or the other and they should have had the original cast come back to have the females earn their respect.

Ugh

they old team was forced to do cameo roles (sony threatened to sue bill murray if he didn't show up in the film)

if the original cast came back, they would have over shadowed these women and passing the torch to them would have been a let down.

this movie will fail

Cast

Director

5 trailers

Plot leaks (thanks Norks)

Anyone who has seen all of this and claims it won't be shit is a liar.

"Cash grab" is an anti-Semitic term already. You're playing on the stereotype of the greedy Jew.

>"he"

Of course not it could be a stand alone film.

Then when the time is right make a sequel.

But this seems like a bullshit cashcow.

So make a movie about four Jews busting me already, Sony

>200 million

kek.

Sony leaks showed that they get like a quarter of the box office.

It's going to have to do like 600 mil (which sounds like a lot, but when you think that the same team has consistently made 300 mil on R rated comedies and this is PG 13 with a huge brand name...)

Forgot;

Sony Remake.

Still won't get me to watch it. I'd rather not support the people who decided to give a huge middle finger to anyone who is a Ghostbuster fan.

>journalism

>It actually has to be good.

Ninja Turtles reboot was god awful and it still made a shitload. But I agree with you on this one. Nostalgia fanboys aren't interested in it, SJW's will just virtue signal that they will go see it, but actually won't. So the onyl way it will make any money is if it is actually good and attracts new audiences, but judging from the loudmouth bix nood jokes the trailer banked on, the movie is shit.

It'll be a huge flop in revenue at least.

Who the fuck finds that black woman funny? I'm not even racist but I can't see anyone loving a simple annoying stereotypical black woman screaming things loudly as a punchline. To top it off, she's not a looker but seemed to be chosen specifically to be as garish as possible.

Young boy action movies usually make pretty decent profits when they're high-budget rehashes. Just look at Transformers. I don't think it's a good example since the target audiences for the new Ghostbusters movie aren't necessarily the dumb popcorn-and-explosion crowd.

ninja turtles will always make money because they hit the same notes every movie with consistency ; all the same turtles , shredder, master splinter are all there on screen. if they made a NEW ninja turtles with female turtles that have no recollection of the cast with a fan base, it would get shit on also

You mean the fun crowd?

The teenagers who made Transformers a hit were not old enough to have ever seen the cartoons. Could have been called Smashbots and it would have still made as much. I doubt nostalgia had much to do with those movies success. Can you think of any movie ever that starred a bunch of middle aged women and was a hit with teenage boys?

Raving reviews from SJWs that love having a broom shoved down their throats.

excellent point

this movie is sex and the city with ghost jokes

its not getting my shekels

the pleb crowd

You assume the movie industry critics are the same crowd as the video game industry critics.

This flick is going to be crucified by anyone who is an actual critic and not a twitter nobody.

I'd like to believe that I really would but weren't a good chunk of those people who were frothing at the mouth calling AVGN all sorts of unfounded things from mainstream media outlets like The New York Times and The Atlantic etc?

>Can you think of any movie ever that starred a bunch of middle aged women and was a hit with teenage boys?

The guy who made this reboot is a fucking retard judging from the Sony leaks. He boasted that alien space ghosts was a hundred billion dollar idea. So of course an idiot like that would think that Bridesmaids with proton packs was genius. But the overweight, single, wine drinking, white women who made that a hit don't give a fuck about Ghosbusters. The idiot alienated the only audience members who would actually come out for this.

>and this is PG 13 with a huge brand name

So was Fant4stic. They lost more than 60 MILLION dollars on that boondoggle.

They are actually.

Yes...actual print critics will urinate all over this. Online critics will suck it up and say "pretty good! Better than Transformers!"

ghost busters was about 3 middle aged dudes trying to get a start-up company running despite skepticism and bureaucracy.

>Ninja Turtles reboot was god awful

The Ninja Turtles franchise has always been shit. The Michael Bay movie didn't exactly LOWER the bar.

Yeah, but let's be fair. Fantastic four is cursed. Like The thing took a huge old clobbering time dump on an Indian burial ground while punching an old gypsy cursed.

Their online component.

All of the online divisions are into the retarded tween blog speak and feminism.

>You assume the movie industry critics are the same crowd as the video game industry critics.

They are at this point.

Did you not see the reviews for London Has Fallen?
Someone post the pic.

>You assume the movie industry critics are the same crowd as the video game industry critics.
Politically speaking they pretty much are the same crowd. Movie reviewers are fucking horrible these days who judge movies based on their own personal beliefs instead of on the basic merits of each individual movie themselves.

Don't be surprised when this turns out to be horrible yet ends up with a positive score on Tumblr Tomatoes.

>you're full of shit
...after digging through 20 articles of Bill Murray passive aggressively praising the film, Google informs me you are actually not full of shit

Same with Transformers.

The Bayifications might be technically worse, but the originals in all forms were at the most extremely generous mediocre or okay kids entertainment.

Ghostbusters is actually a good film.

>Fantastic four is cursed.

The shitty 2005 movie and its shittier 2007 sequel both made a ton of money.
They're cursed to have bad movies, not financial flops.